EUROPEAN GP *SPOILER* PRAC/QUALY/RACE

Posted by MercuryGP 
Re: EUROPEAN GP *SPOILER* PRAC/QUALY/RACE
Date: May 30, 2004 07:17PM
Posted by: Hova
I honestly believe he can do it, without MS being in a good car, or in F1. The first lap he locked his fronts, can't really steer when they are locked; against Klien that was exciting. He had great performaces in the past, and if he can get that into one season, and have a good car, he will pull it off.

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: May 30, 2004 07:24PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
He's just a real hot head, he needs to cool it if he wants to ever even come close imo. Plus they all want to win while michael's still there, he's the best, most of the others deserve to be in F1, but are nothing special - JPM included.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 30, 2004 09:10PM
Posted by: LS.
surely F1 needs hot heads, toooo many boring drivers out there already

you cant have it both ways, people marvelled at the dice with jpm and klien, & thats what you get with monty

i'm prepared to put up with his indescretions if they also provide good wheel action like mentioned above

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 30, 2004 11:05PM
Posted by: Vader
MercuryGP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Final Lap now, been a resonable race.
>
> I dont know how Martin can give Sato driver of the
> day, he qualified high cos of low fuel, took
> rubens' wong off and then blew up...
>

For me Sato already is driver of the season. As far as I know Sato did his first pitstop a few laps after Michael and his team mate, so he must have been very heavy during qualy. Don't know why you say he was on low fuel ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 30, 2004 11:20PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Yeah, Sato is driving really well now. Button should be getting worried. I think you can easily forgive him for the mistake today. It wasn't that bad - we know he can pull off those sorts of moves, from miles back - he did it to Coulthard in Bahrain. It just didn't work this time. And frankly, for the first half of the race, he was in another league to the rest of the Michelin runners. Top stuff from Taku.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 31, 2004 12:08AM
Posted by: NickKK
Schumacher was VERY low on fuel, because he is the one person that can make it stick, Sato came in after him but before a lot of other people so he was comparably low on fuel. He was still the best Michelin runner out there today and should have taken Rubens on for the second place.

Date: May 31, 2004 12:12AM
Posted by: matthewp
For me Sato already is driver of the season.

he's doing a good job, and certainly has a lot of potential but I can't really see anything so far which warrants being the driver of the season, the only reason I can think for you saying that is as a dig at the so called Button fanboys. Michael has been pretty mighty so far this season and Trulli and Button have been the others that have stood out, Sato's just been reasonably impressive, although that attempted move on Rubens was just stupid, I would have liked to see Alex's reaction if JPM was in Sato's place.

Date: May 31, 2004 12:14AM
Posted by: andrew_S
also if schumacher was involved, anyway, if your gonna class me as a button fanboy, it doesnt work, cause i cant but agree more with vader on that point about takuma..., it may be taking it a bit too far, and of course i always had confidance in his ability, but he is surprising a lot of people

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2004 12:15AM by andrew_S.
Date: May 31, 2004 12:22AM
Posted by: Imran
Sato was last of the 3 stoppers to pit..so he wasnt light...
Date: May 31, 2004 12:26AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
For me Sato already is driver of the season

sorry mate but i dont agree :)

michaels doing the best job imo.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: May 31, 2004 12:28AM
That's what I meant - he is certainly not the best driver out there, but he is the one that has surprised me the most so far. Even if Button still is better then Sato, the Japanese has improved more then any other driver since the start of the season.

As far as the Sato/Rubens incident is concerned ... well, I won't try to excuse Sato. His move was over-optimistic. He was obvioulsy not content with a podium, he wanted P2. That shows how much of a fighter he is, still he should have been a bit more careful there. He had the speed to overtake Rubens, only he tried it in the wrong corner. On the other hand, it looked a bit as if Rubens was sleeping there, too. I bet he never knew how close Sato was, otherwise he wouldn't have left the door that wide open. For me it looked as if Rubens had switched over to sleep mode and was just cruising a bit and didn't realize his second place was not secure. :p

To blame Sato for the engine blow up (as Mercury did, I think) is just bizarre.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 31, 2004 12:31AM
Posted by: Imran
why does sato always blow up????
Date: May 31, 2004 12:39AM
Why does Kimi always blow up? Mario Theissen of BMW said with modern engine mangement and rev limiters it is almost impossible to overdrive an engine. If it blows (especially if it blows up big time) usually the engine company is to blame.

NickKK Wrote:
> Sato came in after him but before a lot of
> other people so he was comparably low on fuel.

False.

Imran Wrote:
> Sato was last of the 3 stoppers to pit..so he
> wasnt light...

True.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2004 12:42AM by Vader.
Date: May 31, 2004 12:44AM
Posted by: Andy Mad
sorry guys, I ain't read the entire thread, just this page and I gotta agree with LS. Monty/Klien fight was something everybody could get a good lesson from! So very fuckin professional.. ah whatever it looks like in modern Fshit1 your driving ability dosn't gain you no credit at all... @#$%&... I was watching this GP with Vadimka at the local bar, a lot of people gathered there I must tell you... and their reaction at differeent moments was more than enediquite or whatever it's spelled like:
The start, I was watching monty and yes I seemed to be the first guy who noticed that he actually hit his teammate while all those stupid ferrarifanboys didn't even geta slightest idea as their were tooooooo concentrated on their so-called idol who made a terrific start, overtook a half of the grid and honestly made his way to p1, oh yeah he's a real hero ;)
Then on RTL they show Ralf who's out, and guess what? the whole fuckin audience apploaded! to what???? well I saw that two williamses collided so I kind of held my horses and then they showed the replays... man those bloody stars at mtv or grammy ceremonies never get that negaive and gloating applause that monty got there... and from who? people who don't know @#$%& about extreme diving and who's the best achivemant was to accelerate to like 180 km/hour somewhere where the cops don't watch.
Then it was boring boring boring until that Monty/Klien action... uh!!! ah!!! Vadimka is a big ferrari fan but after that even he told me that rooting for shuey and co is like... well nothing good really....
The thing is why the @#$%& shuey was punching the air when he crossed the finish line, huh? He was doing it as if he was really FIGHTING! And another thing is why those so-called F1 fans hate when somebody does make a good action (monty and takumo) and applaud when these action men make a mistake. What the hell do these peple support? I'm asking you silly ferrarifanboys, what do you support? If I wanna lulliby I'd find one from some gentle female hands and mouth (sorry) but getting it from shuey's cheap show-off's....

Date: May 31, 2004 12:51AM
If you watch older GPs you will see lots of situations/moves/accidents like we saw today (or last week). Even the greatest did crash - just watch Senna, Hunt or G. Villneuve (to name only a few). In the 70s and 80s nobody would have complained about incidents like that. That we do maybe shows how sterile F1 has become. I rather see drivers risking something (even if it means they take each other out) then a boring 60 lap driver parade on a track that has as much character as Britney Spears brains.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 31, 2004 01:08AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
well i am a minardi supporter cos i like to support the underdogs. have some sympathy for us :)

or shud that be :(

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2004 01:12AM by rapid_f1.
Date: May 31, 2004 01:17AM
Vader Wrote:
> Why does Kimi always blow up? Mario Theissen of
> BMW said with modern engine mangement and rev
> limiters it is almost impossible to overdrive an
> engine. If it blows (especially if it blows up big
> time) usually the engine company is to blame.
>
>
>
>

gear change revs can be capped and protected but i think the point was alluding to the possibility that the way sato applys the throttle in between gear changes could effect the engine

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 31, 2004 01:36AM
Posted by: Boils
Sato for me was driver of the day, martin was saying earlier in the race about having to frighten your way past the other driver as they can get comftable with keeping u behind.
Sure he could have waited and got past later, but they might have tangled next time also, he was marvellously late on the brakes and still made the pass, despite chopping off his front wing.

"the way sato applys the throttle in between gear changes"
i thought that in F1 these days with TC, they are full throttle whilst tapping the paddles to change up through the gears, how could he do it differently??
Date: May 31, 2004 02:00AM
TC only works at low speed gear changes, you'll probably only get upto 3rd gear before the wheels stop spinning

drivers also balance the car with the throttle when cornering to get the nose of the car where they want it, they also dab the brakes too

martin brundle talks of pitching the angle of the front end of the nose and altering the yaw of it too

alot goes unnoticed by the veiwer when watching it on TV and these sort of insights by ex drivers help highlight what happens in the cockpit of a race car

braking and accellerating on/off on/off on/off all the time inbetween gear changes is'nt going to help the life of the engine

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2004 02:07AM by LS..
Date: May 31, 2004 06:34AM
Posted by: b-tone
schumy pitted on lap 8 and without his cheats fuel it would have been lap 6, so i think its obvious he's after senna's pole record. and with someone fiddling the timing devices, it shouldn't take long :|

sato is great - he's hit 2 feraris in 2 weeks and he's pretty fast too

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy