*spoiler* Anthony Davidson and BAR

Posted by X_Acto 
*spoiler* Anthony Davidson and BAR
Date: May 28, 2004 12:59PM
Posted by: X_Acto
For what he done so far (Including the Lap record in the First practice of the European GP) i think that would be great to see him instead of Takuma Sato in a full time drive for BAR.

What you guys think?

-----------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2004 01:51PM by X_Acto.
Re: Anthony Davidson and BAR
Date: May 28, 2004 01:23PM
Posted by: JonVic
i would put *spoiler* on this before you get shouted at:)

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Re: *spoiler* Anthony Davidson and BAR
Date: May 28, 2004 01:51PM
Okay, changed now!!!!

Date: May 28, 2004 02:06PM
:)

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

Date: May 28, 2004 03:12PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
I would like to see Davidson in a race situation - but right now we cant be sure what fuel loads everyone is running, he might be light and everyone else is working on race setup.

Like I said I would like to see him with a race seat.

Date: May 28, 2004 03:19PM
Posted by: Zcott
The main reason Davidson is faster is because he's being employed to test the limits of the car. The race drivers can't do this in practise because they need to keep the car for the entire weekend. For Davidson, if he blows the engine, that's no problem. For Sato, that's a big problem. I reckon Sato is doing a fine job in that BAR and that anyone else would struggle to do just as well as he's doing.

Date: May 28, 2004 03:36PM
Posted by: andrew_S
id agree, but id also like to see anthony in a race seat, his time at minardi was very impressive for someone with so little experience in 2002, and he would do a fine job, if he got a seat

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 28, 2004 04:09PM
i also would like to see him in a race seat, but i dont know who he would drive for?

Date: May 28, 2004 04:16PM
Toyota? Jordan? Jaguar?

Date: May 28, 2004 04:28PM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
Williams?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 28, 2004 04:32PM
Don't dream so high...

Or maybe i'm wrong...

Date: May 28, 2004 08:54PM
Posted by: Red Sam
The Williams thing is a rumour, so dont rule it out......;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 28, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: RonF1
I think he does deserve a race seat. He kept Webber very honest when he drove those 2 races for minardi
Date: May 29, 2004 12:11AM
Posted by: senninho
He also seems to be ignoring the normal problem of having to learn the track before becoming fast! It'd be nice to see how he does in a race.

Date: May 29, 2004 05:06AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
Davidson is a very good driver, no doubt about it.... but I´m pretty sure these guys (test drivers) are running completelly out of the rules.... no balasts, way less then 605kg, very low load of fuel and everything else they can do....

I mean.... come on, just look at Barcelona´s time sheet on Friday.... Zonta and Davidson leading the field, way faster than Ferraris and everyone else.... a little suspictious, don´t you think????

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: May 29, 2004 10:16AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
So therefore you shouldn't really pay any attention to them then. :)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 29, 2004 10:18AM
Posted by: Pooky
dont shoot them down
davidson is a very good driver!

his first ever time around monaco in a 900 bhp F1 car, and he was on top of timesheets

he impressed a hell of a lot their

he is a talented boy

also comes from hemel hempstead - about 2 miles from me hehe
Date: May 29, 2004 10:24AM
his first ever time around monaco in a 900 bhp F1 car, and he was on top of timesheets

Look at what Fabio just said. :)

I'm saying that because they can do whatever they like and can just go 110% without having to worry about engines etc, the laptimes you see in the Friday Practice sessions aren't really good indicators of what the Race Drivers pace is. If you take out the Test Drivers from the laptime board and have a look at it then you can get a much clearer indication about who really is on it.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 29, 2004 10:27AM
Posted by: Pooky
ok one theory is them running under ballast etc.

but i think it is not true

the third driver is their to assist the race drivers to find tyre information, chassis balance etc etc

if davidson was running light or under ballast then the data he would egt from his car would be completely wrong and different compared to buttona nd sato

it just would not do the team any good - it would be a waste

so i dont think they are under ballasting him or light fueling him

it makes no sense.

Date: May 29, 2004 10:31AM
Or they could go out to nick the top spot to mix a psycological element into the pot...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy