are people affraid of f1 cars anymore????

Posted by raztahz 
are people affraid of f1 cars anymore????
Date: May 23, 2004 11:57PM
Posted by: raztahz
one thing we know track marshalls arent....

stupid idiots!!!

Re: are people affraid of f1 cars anymore????
Date: May 24, 2004 12:01AM
Posted by: tux
i was half expecting him to get killed when he stood at the hairpin!

i thought the monaco marshals were ment to be the best in the world!

Date: May 24, 2004 12:01AM
Posted by: CMJH69
It did seem very strange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2004 12:02AM by CMJH69.
Date: May 24, 2004 12:03AM
Posted by: andrew_S
right, ok some of them stood in dangerous positions, but to be honnest other than that 1, there wasnt a problem they were all pretty good, where they should have been, the marshall at loewes was in the correct position had there been more yellows out, but to my knowledge there were not

lets not forget

without marshalls there would be no racing, and they all do it for free, in there own time too

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 24, 2004 12:03AM
Posted by: Hova
It was really dangerous. I'm guessing they were all looking for that diamond jag lost :P

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: May 24, 2004 12:07AM
Posted by: tux
andrew, at the start of the race, the marshals were all over the place!

Date: May 24, 2004 12:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
the marshalls were terrible! I know we need them for racing, but god dam that was bad!

The guy standing on the exit of a blind corner, in smoke, just off the racing line, and drops his flag :| And the one who didnt seem to know how a fire extinguisher worked, and Webber had to do it. :-\

Martin did point out that the marshalls were like cartoons today. Not the usuall high standard of marshalling we see in F1 from race to race.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 24, 2004 12:39AM
Posted by: Red Sam
And not the high standard of marshalling we normally see at Monaco.

Either way, I cant see the pic in the first post - is it just me?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 24, 2004 12:41AM
Posted by: Vader
I can see it without problems. Nice shot. Did you see the woman on the balcony top left? I bet she didn't knew she was on TV or else she would have closed her bathrobe. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 24, 2004 12:45AM
Posted by: Orpheus
haha :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 24, 2004 01:46AM
Posted by: Pooky
yeah the marshalls did look a bit leathal

the one on the grand hotel hairpin has a deathwish, same as the marshalls in the smoke after sato blew up

they were lucky, because you can see them all about to run out in smoke, then fisi crashs upside down right where they were
Date: May 24, 2004 02:40AM
Posted by: Palomino
OMG Ellis i love your sig (damn you jebus!)

NO it was not strange, the Marshalls have done that at monaco for many years, just watch the reviews or any tapes you have of previous years, just this year the drivers didnt bother to slow down and the marshalls should of had double waved yellow in teh really dangerous parts.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: May 24, 2004 02:57AM
Posted by: JonVic
i was worried we may see another incident like the price crash with the marshall which was horrific in '77, that would have been so bad...we were lucky:|

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: May 24, 2004 03:42AM
at least we know one aspect in gp4 that is realistic

the track marshall on the track

Date: May 24, 2004 04:09AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think that in the big curve, the marshall was trying to make cars not drive over an area in the asphalt, that might have had debris and could have damaged the car. The ones by the Sato blow up were not so smart... they should have imagined cars would slow down there, but still was dangerous to be where they were.

Can anyone post that picture on the first post, or put a link? Doesn't show up here either.
Date: May 24, 2004 04:41AM
that was pretty bad and dangerous when all that smoke came up and the track marshall ran onto the track then suddenly from nowhere fisichella goes over coulthard

if the track marshalls came any earlier it would have been worst!!

Date: May 24, 2004 06:27AM
Posted by: b-tone
i think most cars were alerted by the smoke, and were slowing, but for kliens accident he was a bit risky. if rubens can't see a nutcase irishman running down hangar strait, hows he gonna see a marshall waving a flag?
a few cars seemed to jink a bit - they could've left klein there till all cars had past

____
Tony

Date: May 24, 2004 06:29AM
Posted by: Guimengo
yeah, but can you post a link to the first pic? The one of the swimming pool I believe (first post).
Wanna see what was there on the track
Date: May 24, 2004 11:23AM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
Speaking of silly marshalls, did anyone see the footage of Panis's second grid stall, both the Toyota crew and the marshalls seemed to do nothing at all about it. Maybe they were having an in depth discussion the reasons why an experienced driver would manage to stall the car twice.

Date: May 24, 2004 11:53AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
With the Webber thing, it could have been that a marshall handed the fire extingisher to Webber cause it ain't easy to jump over a armco with a fire extingisher in your hand... The one at loews was a bit stupid, could have been better there, but the guy who is standing infront of the smoke is doing a good job imo, that for starters is no where near the racing line, its the total opposite side, and what would you prefer? no marshall and people trying to sort Sato's car in the smoke? all it takes is one person to drive into it then they are all buggered.... The reason why they are the best is because they have to risk their lifes alot more than normal tracks, and get cars out of the way as fast as possible... which they did... and these guys don't get paid millions like the F1 Driver do for risking their lifes, they are just volunteers.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy