A$$HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SPOILER*

Posted by MercuryGP 
Re: A$$HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SPOILER*
Date: May 23, 2004 08:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
Nobody has said Schumachers incompetent. An accusation such as a 6 time world champion is totally imcompetent is just hillarious

Nobody is saying that if you actaully read it. Whats being said is, Schumacher made a mistake. he chose a stupid place to brake test, and locked his wheels (2 mistakes) and he caused the accident. Nobody has mentioned incompetence with Schumacher, but it has been said about JPM when he makes a mistake, and its constantly said on that Ferrari sausage-fest forum where the aim of the game seems to be "Who can get JPM arressted first for attempted Murder" (yes, read it, theyy did say that).

Get a bloody grip. Schumacher isnt god. He made a mistake, he came off worse. No need to give him a penelty, he alreadyy got a bad one in the form of not finishing, but all this JPM bashing is hillarious

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 23, 2004 09:01PM
Posted by: ayazyounis
he shudnt have braked hard where he did. if he wanted to lock up brakes to generate heat, he shud have done it after the chichance after the tunnel on the little straight.
Date: May 23, 2004 09:01PM
Posted by: MercuryGP
Get a bloody grip

Ok, dont get so stressed... its only my opinion... as i said to ralphi earlier, ill shut up now cos this is going to far...

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - Asus K8VSE Deluxe Motherboard - Antec TruePower 550W PSU - Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - GeIL 1GB PC3200 Golden Dragon CAS2 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA - Samsung SC-152AEBB 52x CD-ROM - NEC ND2500A 8x DVD±R/±RW - OcUK Floppy Drive - Windows XP Pro - Chenbro Gaming Bomb with Side Window - Samsung Samtron 76E 17" CRT Monitor
Date: May 23, 2004 09:06PM
Posted by: ralphi
HAHA!!! lol..

imho... it's no ones fault.. JPM did turn when he saw MS coming...so.. that means he was awake.. what i don't get however is why the hell did MS turn infront of JPM :|

Date: May 23, 2004 09:13PM
Posted by: jginete
Just don't be so sure that the visibility in the tunnel is that low.

The cameras are spotted in the car's direction. So is the light. So, the cameras are in a blind sight. You can't be sure about that.

You aren't supposed to be fast behind the safety car, you must keep a safety gap.

JPM didn't keep it, and what MS did is a perfectly normal proceedure in Safety Car situations.

Besides, i think his suspension was a little bit messed up because of sato's collision...

Date: May 23, 2004 09:53PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I doubt micharel had any damage at all considering the lap times he was clocking up!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 23, 2004 10:04PM
Posted by: MercuryGP
Exactly... but very good point jginete, like Blundell said, Schumacher was the pace setter at that point...

Oh... yeah, im being quiet, sorry ;)

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - Asus K8VSE Deluxe Motherboard - Antec TruePower 550W PSU - Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - GeIL 1GB PC3200 Golden Dragon CAS2 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA - Samsung SC-152AEBB 52x CD-ROM - NEC ND2500A 8x DVD±R/±RW - OcUK Floppy Drive - Windows XP Pro - Chenbro Gaming Bomb with Side Window - Samsung Samtron 76E 17" CRT Monitor
Date: May 23, 2004 10:20PM
Posted by: John_Smith
ITS MS FAULT. just bloody admit it. but imo it wont make a difference to the season. monaco is never and has never been an indicator of the season.

ENGLAND EURO 2004 CHAMPIONS
Date: May 23, 2004 10:37PM
Exactly... but very good point jginete, like Blundell said, Schumacher was the pace setter at that point...

the lights on the saftey car were apparently still on. Whilst the lights are on, P1 is not the pace setter

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 23, 2004 10:43PM
Posted by: Vader
Yes, lights were on.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 23, 2004 10:52PM
Sporting Regulations Article 164 (j):

When the clerk of the course calls in the safety car, it must extinguish its orange lights, this
will be the signal to the drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap.
At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if
necessary, fall more than five car lengths behind it.

If the lights were on, Schumacher was not in control of the field, the SC was, so backing up the field at this point is not his responsibility

Date: May 23, 2004 10:54PM
Posted by: John_Smith
correct. backs up my view even more then. everyone makes mistakes, were only human. ms shud own up to his. i think hed have more ppl liking him if he woned up to when he did wrong.

ENGLAND EURO 2004 CHAMPIONS
Date: May 23, 2004 11:53PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
OK then, say that Montoya wasn't concentrating and didn't keep the gap, why the hell did MS decide to squeese montoya so close into the wall! you can't really say that he didn't see him coming in his mirrors, why not just leave the space open so if JPM did go ahead he'd get a stop/go, or would have just avoided having an accident all together? tbh it dosn't make any sense how not montoya, but any driver in that situation would have missed him!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: May 24, 2004 01:43AM
Posted by: twiglet
what the f*** was montoya doing that close to schueys arse anyway? i reckon schuey made a small error and had to brake hard and montoya crashed into him, but a) he need not accelerate after him so close cos there was another half a lap approx before he needed to close up for the restart, b) why did he not brake too? if schuey can brake hard and slow right down like that, why couldnt montoya lock his brakes and do the same, he nearly overtook michael. there was no way in the world he braked hard enough than he could have. he decided to go down the inside instead. simple maths! 2 cars speed up together, one car brakes hard for half a sec why does other car not brake and instead try and squeeze past for a full second?
In my opinion schuey made a simple small mistake in the tunnel, maybe something like sped up to light up the tyres but caught the slipperyness and had to brake hard or crash, and montoya had simple brainfade by following too close and not reacting too it. both made mistakes, neither deliberate, simple racing incident!
Date: May 24, 2004 01:54AM
Posted by: Spike02
montoya had simple brainfade by following too close and not reacting too it

wrong. monty had little time to react, so his reaction was he had turn to avoid a collision by turning right towards the barrier. like tetsuo pointed out:

"Jump in your car and drive down the motorway at 60mph and when a car is right up behind you SLAM on your brakes so they lock and see if the car behind doesn't hit you."

as for ms turning into juan, that did puzzle me
Date: May 24, 2004 04:18AM
Posted by: Hova
"Jump in your car and drive down the motorway at 60mph and when a car is right up behind you SLAM on your brakes so they lock and see if the car behind doesn't hit you."

I don't think that is a fair example to use in this event IMO. On the highway, you have a normal car, with normal, average drivers - this is F1 we are talking about: with the best drivers in the world, the best reflexes, and the best cars/equipment. I don't think any honda accord with its 34 yr old balding driver can compare to that.

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: May 24, 2004 04:57AM
Posted by: Dizzoau
-{TETSUO}- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh here we go with F**cking fan boy Ferrari fans.
>
> Tell you what. Jump in your car and drive down the
> motorway at 60mph and when a car is right up
> behind you SLAM on your brakes so they lock and
> see if the car behind doesn't hit you.
>

The only reason it is the person who is in front's fault, is if he was reversing. If you run up the back of someone on a public road, it's your fault! You are supposed to leave enough room, so that if the car in front has to come to a complete stop[be it saw something on the road, accident, whatever] then you should be able to stop in time. If not, then you were following too closely. Simple as that.
Date: May 24, 2004 06:31AM
Posted by: b-tone
and if you're in the fast lane, and someone locks up on an inside lane, and at the last minute swerves into your lane?

monty wasn't trying to pass, as that would be a penalty for him. ms was trying to make him pass to get him penalised. swerving might have just been due to braking.
has anyone got footage of someone locking up under sc while warming thier brakes?

____
Tony

Date: May 24, 2004 11:10AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
OK... so what you are saying is.... its OK to brake at the fastest part of the circuit when you have a car behind you.... I bet if it was the other way around, MS would be going after Montoya trying to say he was trying to Kill him.... like he did with Couthard in 98....

Also he can't have been that close to MS anyway! when MS locked his brakes, took JPM quite a long time to come around, and when he was braking, he was going left not right, so that still dosn't explain why he decided to try and squeese Montoya into the barrier, Montoya had literally no where to go :|

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: May 24, 2004 12:06PM
Posted by: matthewp
I don't think that is a fair example to use in this event IMO. On the highway, you have a normal car, with normal, average drivers - this is F1 we are talking about: with the best drivers in the world, the best reflexes, and the best cars/equipment. I don't think any honda accord with its 34 yr old balding driver can compare to that.

you're right it doesnt compare, a honda accord doesnt have 900bhp and carbon brakes, and as such doing a burnout and then braking hard is a very stupid thing to do if theres a car close behind you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy