The Monaco *SPOILER*

Posted by Red Sam 
Re: The Monaco *SPOILER*
Date: May 22, 2004 09:46PM
Posted by: Hova
Looks like someone was on a light fuel setup :P. We will see tomorrow

Am I the only one that doesn't like the "fake" pole times (like at Imola)?

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2004 09:51PM by Hova.
Date: May 22, 2004 10:11PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
What do you mean?

I wish every qualifying session was as intense as Monaco qualifying, I enjoyed it more than the FA Cup Final!

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 22, 2004 10:19PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well y'know will, everyone hates manchester united (they're not a football team!) and Millwall are twats, so its always gonna be shite :p

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 22, 2004 10:31PM
Well, before someone flames me, "fake" isn't the word I would use to describe it :P

I mean, that if you have a decent car and a decent driver, all you have to do is lower your fuel load and grab pole. I'm probably wrong on this, someone explain it to me :P

---------------------

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: May 22, 2004 10:48PM
Posted by: RafaelValenza
@#$%& Monaco...yeah thats the thruth. Boring Race...nobody can pass...i would like to know what´s so amazing on that track.

Sorry my english!
Date: May 22, 2004 10:50PM
Posted by: Vader
Flame you!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 22, 2004 10:53PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I get you Hova, I can't see any reason why you shouldn't do it, as long as you truly believe it will help your race prospects.

LOL Qwerty! :)

I find Monaco the most fascinating race out of all of them, you never know what might happen. I mean this year it's gonna be even more unpredictable. You don't know who's on what strategy and nobodies quite sure what lap Massa, Sato and Baumgartner will respectively crash. ;)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 22, 2004 11:07PM
Posted by: Pooky
good qualifying i thourght

i hope trulli or button win
Date: May 22, 2004 11:14PM
Posted by: The Lopper
It was a great qualifying session allright. I hope that it will turn out similarily tomorrow. I agree with you hova, i hate these fake times due to low fuel loads, but maybe Monaco is a track where it could work....

Monaco is a great race, i don't care what anyone says. It is possibly the biggest test for an F1 driver these days. And no matter what anyone says about it being a terrible track for overtaking, you just have to look at some of the past races to find it can spring some serious surprises. Coulthard in 2002 and 2000! Montoya last year, just when everyone thought Ferrari were getting on top. Panis in 1996!

Date: May 22, 2004 11:35PM
Posted by: Ali
I am with Hova.
Qualifyng times with current rules are a little "cloudy"...
I think that Trulli was ligther on fuel than most of the drivers (MSC, Alonso...).

I think we should come back to some kind of different rule, this is a mess. I think Trulli is a "mobile" chicane in race, as Webber.
Date: May 23, 2004 12:17AM
Posted by: andrew_S
i sort of agree, dont forget though, jenson wasnt many laps shy (2 i think) of schumacher at imola

monaco is one of the only "real" challanges left in formula 1

the driver really does earn his corn round monaco, its fantastic to watch, no overtaking but its all close, fast, and a bit rough and ready, its fantastic, makes a nice change from bahrains 20m wide track, and 40m of runoff, whatever the overtaking it may provide

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 23, 2004 12:23AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
u want overtaking, u dont want it. make ur mind up. monaco is a great challenge. yes. but i hate processional races.
Date: May 23, 2004 12:34AM
Posted by: Vader
Where is John Smith?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 23, 2004 12:38AM
theres a big difference, Monaco is a challange, i want F1 to be the pinicle of motorsports, of driving, a great challange (maybe the "new" fans see it differently, i certainly get that impession), at the moment quite frankly, its bullshit in terms of that, and monaco, offers 1 great challange, not banned, not widened (yet) to 10m track and 40m Gravel where the cameras are so far away the car appears to be doing 10mph...

Date: May 23, 2004 12:49AM
I agree with you guys, the low fuel setup can actually work on this track. They just have to pull away enough to make up the time/places they lost on pitstops. Thats what I suspect the first 3 positions are doing. Can't wait until tomorrow at 8 am (for me) :D

---------------------

Date: May 23, 2004 01:08AM
Posted by: JonVic
i agree with Andrew i think the likes of Bahrain and Malaysia are very worrying if they are the future of F1, they are so dull to watch its unbelievable, Monaco does remain one of the great tests along with Spa dont forget which returns this year.
Personally i think we will always have Monaco but i dont know about Spa. However the one thing that worries me is that every year they seem to butcher Monaco more and more. They seem to be slowly moving the really close proximity walls and replacing them with curbs set infront of the walls, they cant even leave monaco alone can they, i fear it will be a very different circuit soon as so many of the great corners in original format are changed now eg Swimming Pool, (well original meaning last 15-20 years), sadly all circuits will be dull and wide or they will be originals like Monaco butchered beyond recognition by 2010 i fear...

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: May 23, 2004 01:26AM
btw whats the weather forecast 4 tomorrow, rain?

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

Date: May 23, 2004 01:28AM
Posted by: Ellis
some say rain, some say thunder. BBC news earlier said dryy...first time i have seen a dry report for it though

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 23, 2004 01:33AM
ok that has just confused me these weather people really arent very consistent are they:)...but if most say rain it could be interesting...lets hope schumacher repeats his 96 disaster :)

Date: May 23, 2004 01:36AM
ah the good old days, eh? crashes first lap of monaco, driveshaft detatches in canada pitlane after not leaving the line from pole, doesnt start in france, and lasts 6 laps if that at silverstone :lol: oh and williams were winning

seems a hell of a longtime ago!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy