Button to Ferrari, Villeneuve and Webber to Williams, Ralf Schumacher to Toyota, and DC to take a sort of sabatical as McLaren's main test driver...

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
That's personally what I'd like to see happen. Villeneuve hasn't lost any talent in my eyes, he's just so keen to be back at the top, he overdrives the car. If he went back to Williams however, his form would return to that of 1997. Mark Webber is not one of those super quick brave whippersnappers like Alonso or Kimi. He's (sorry Kimi...) more of a mature, consistent driver, and that's what I think Frank Williams will be looking for.

As for Button, well, if he was in a scarlet Ferrari, he'd be World Champion easily I'd say. (If Michael retires that is.)

Ralf Schumacher basically isn't consistent enough to be with a team that's already at the top. However, I believe that if he went to Toyota, he would be a great asset to helping Toyota climb up to the top. (Just like what Michael did when he joined Ferrari in 1996.)

Last but not least, CD, I mean DC. ;) I think he should take a year out. If not completely, as McLaren's test driver. He's entered a comfort zone. He isn't improving when most of the other 19 driver's are. Maybe if he has a year out, he'll come back refreshed and ready to fight for the title again.

Anyone agree with any of the above?! :)

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2004 12:30PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
i agree with villeneuve and webber to williams. the rest im not too sure about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Button wont leave BAR imo. JV to williams, but i dont think webber tbh.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
button should stay at bar they are the team on the up ferrari will go down hill when ms goes as brawn todt and their designer will go.

Look at mclaren when senna left.

ferrari from 1991 to 1997 after they got rid or prost and mansell left.

BAR will be winning races next year maybe this year why leave to go to ferrari, yes its the name but the team have also ruined people, look at capellie and even alesi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2004 05:44PM by marcl.
the smart move for button would be to stay at BAR. they have threatened to improve in recent years, and now they are rocketing forwards and to jump off now would be stupid.

i think webber will go to williams, and god i hope villeneuve will too. ralf's only option would be toyota i guess, and DC needs some sort of kick up the arse, whether its a year out or a new team i dont know, but its all gone a bit stale for him IMO
Scott Dixon will be in a Williams next year, almost certain. Frank has a vivid recent history of bringing drivers in from outside the sport.
Im still of the opinion that in the current state, button would be a fool to leave BAR

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
BAR for JB that is a perfect match, so is JV to Williams. I also think JV has not lost any talent, Jense was just simply outstanding!

Apparently JB has attracted a couple of BIG sponser to the team, for when the tabacoo ban comes into play. Also i hear some BIG drivers have been interested in BAR according to Ricahards, i wonder who, my guess is Alex Wurz, David C, Rhubinio, and yes believe or not Kimi?
chets post has a good point: thinking hard about it, maybe Rubens is approaching the time to jump ship from Ferrari to BAR....

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
I think JB should stay at BAR, Webber and JV to Williams, Rubens is at Ferrari till end of '06 anyway, DC, maybe test driver or retire, Ralf, well, if Toyota are crap with someone of Panis' experience, Ralfs not exactly gonna change anything there. His dream of copying big bro ain't gonna happen, cos he simply ain't good enough. Da Matta and Panis are more than good enough for Toyota at moment, and into '05.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
toyota's got mike gascoyne but don't they? he's had a history of turning teams around and going forward right? he did it at jordan and got renault moving so maybe they're a good place to go to. or have i made that up?

having said that i don't rate ralf and wouldn't him. could jv go there perhaps? and will flav let webber go to williams? he owns his contract....
JV to Toyota would be more of the same he had at BAR. I say JV and Dixon to Williams, Ralf to Toyota to make some money and be frustrated, Coulthard should bow out and Montoya should be kicking himself right about now!

@ Gareth, yes i agree, Mike Gascoyne will improve the toyota. they would be a good place to go. but what i meant, is that from toyota's point of view, Ralf is not way better than either of their current drivers, so they'd don't necessarily need him. if the other schumacher was available, then aybe toyota would try to get him, but as its ralf, i don't see how he would do any better than panis or da matta.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
There is rumour of Toyota dropping a driver, perhpas to be replaced by thier test driver Ryan Briscoe

i dont see any problems with thier current drivers... perhpas Da Matta will go to Williams.

damn silly season is fun, and in F1 it never ends!
I think there's another answer, possibly.

All these stories of a williams driver dropped early - what if Frank had JV in line to replace for the remaining races, and that's literally all?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
briscoe needs a little longer to develop i think before he gets a race seat but would be awesome to have another aussie in there (can u guess where i live??)

@muks i agree with your point too- ralf wouldn't bring anything new to toyota other than a bad attitude and inconsistency
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy