should formula1 learn from CART
Date: April 19, 2004 02:00AM
Posted by: assadof1
i do't no if u watching the cart series or not
if u do't .........u should
i was watch cart series from 96 and i will not gona say it batter
then formula1
but there is one thing make the CART series more interesting then formula1
and that thing is (there is no backmarker)
i mean the last man on the grid could have the chance to win the race
unlike what happen in formula1
even u can find more then 7 or 8 drivers winning races around the season

i know the different of the rule between CART and f1
but i think they should have some new rules could heat up the battle inside
the formula1

Re: should formula1 learn from CART
Date: April 19, 2004 10:04AM
Posted by: matthewp
thats the case in CART because they all use pretty much the same car, to do something similar in F1 would be to go against everything F1 has ever been about, and would turn it into just another single car racing series

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2004 10:04AM by matthewp.
Date: April 19, 2004 10:16AM
Posted by: Locke Cole
F1 can and should learn from CART. Don't standardise the cars, but certainly have MORE standardised parts. e.g. if all F1 teams used an 'FIA Traction Control' system so the electronic grip was identical, the field would close up and the development costs for this particualr part would fall noticeably.
Date: April 19, 2004 01:01PM
Posted by: Vader
What ever you do - for god's sake please don't introduce this silly NOZ "push to pass" button to F1, too. It's already too much that Ferrari uses a No2 "stop to be passed" button.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 19, 2004 01:57PM
Posted by: gareth
i couldn't agree more with standardisng some parts in f1- obviously not all though. i reckon having standard engine control software and standard TC is a good start to cut costs and tighten it up a bit. maybe other bits and pieces like brakes or rear wings. also a control tyre i think is essential- or go the other entirely and have more than just two manufacturers.
Date: April 19, 2004 06:03PM
Posted by: Ellis
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What ever you do - for god's sake please don't
> introduce this silly NOZ "push to pass" button to
> F1, too. It's already too much that Ferrari uses a
> No2 "stop to be passed" button.
>

I hate that also. Feels more like Street racing in your 1.2 Ford Fiesta than Americas top open wheel series

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 19, 2004 07:30PM
Posted by: Muks_C
they have had 'boost' overtake buttons in the past in F1 though.

when Mansell was gonna win that race, and he had that famous tyre blowout, he said he was passing the backmarker and just as he pressed the 'overtake boost' his tyre failed.
Date: April 19, 2004 07:35PM
Posted by: LS.
Locke Cole Wrote:
> F1 can and should learn from CART. Don't
> standardise the cars, but certainly have MORE
> standardised parts. e.g. if all F1 teams used an
> 'FIA Traction Control' system so the electronic
> grip was identical, the field would close up and
> the development costs for this particualr part
> would fall noticeably.

They tried that with the refuelling rigs when they were introduced, every team
had the same equipment

except Benneton decided to take the fuel filter out of theirs to gain an unfair & illegal advantage which nearly gave jos verstappen a all over even tan

Date: April 20, 2004 02:40AM
even in 3 or 5 years ago the CART have about 4 kind (as i remmeber)
mercedes
honda
toyota
ford

and two chooses of tires
firestone
and good year

and 3 kind of chassie
lola
reynard
suieft???

and the teams have a mix of all this
but ever body look the same

(i know what i am saying here)
but just take alook on the bridgestone teams in f1
they are ((nothing)) compare to ferrari
i know that ferrari in (adream) level of there own
but that is make it clear for us that (sauber jordan and minardi)
have no choose for having agood season at all
i mean they are (nothing) ... and the problem that they know this
Date: April 20, 2004 02:43AM
Have you noticed CARTs situation at the moment? It was in serious trouble at the end of last year and its still in trouble now. It has very little title sponsors for each race, the number of cars on the grid is low, the number of big names on the grid is even smaller, and number of sponsors on the cars are almost in minus cash. Im not sure how some of those teams are funded, but theres one or two cars out there with only two or three sponsor names at points on the car, and the rest is blank.

Learn from CART? They dont even own the rights to the name CART anymore, nevermind anything worth money!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 20, 2004 03:47AM
sorry ellis
but this is all happen becoz of the new series (IRL)
and we all know that CART is similar ti IRL
and what happen now in the CART is just bad managerial to the sport
simple IRL have a big support

and if every i have sad it is wrong
delet the CART word from my topic and put IRL
it's the same in the end
Date: April 20, 2004 05:36AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Well, maybe one tyre company only??? Remember how it was only Goodyear, with two different types of tyre?
Date: April 20, 2004 06:21AM
Posted by: Hova
I always liked CART (champcars) because it was always more exciting to me than F1 was.

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: April 20, 2004 07:21AM
Posted by: renyf1
well the reason CART didn't have backmarkers was because they all went over to IRL :-) (when it was first formed...not the the teams that switched over the past 2 yrs)

yes i think it would be great to have more standardized parts because maybe more new teams would want to enter the f1 ranks along with all the other reasons mentioned in the other posts

cart lost the indy500, then tried to go super global like f1 and lost big time...when u have primary us market companies sponsoring cart and they run in the UK & germany...it doesn't have much value

ex penske...is sponsored primary by phillip morris usa (ferrari is sponsored by the global division)

oh 1 think f1 could truly learn from cart is...how to treat a fan...ticket prices are so much cheaper (race & pitpasses) and access to drivers are way easier
Date: April 20, 2004 08:42AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
the only standard parts i wanna see in f1 is tyres
Date: April 20, 2004 10:46AM
Posted by: andrew_S
Well, maybe one tyre company only??? Remember how it was only Goodyear, with two different types of tyre?

having said that they only had that for 5 years, but i dont see what you mean about the different tyres though? maybe you mean compound?
Date: April 20, 2004 01:59PM
assadof1 Wrote:
> sorry ellis
> but this is all happen becoz of the new series
> (IRL)
> and we all know that CART is similar ti IRL
> and what happen now in the CART is just bad
> managerial to the sport
> simple IRL have a big support
>
> and if every i have sad it is wrong
> delet the CART word from my topic and put IRL
> it's the same in the end

Yes, bad management, yet you are saying F1 can learn from CART? Now, i love CART, but they dont een own the rights to the CART name, the cars are running around with very little sponsors, and money is short. If it survies this year, and gets onto another year, it will be a god send because despite getting into this year, CART is far from into the clear air yet

It is not IRLs "fault" for CARTs demmies. IRL was cheaper, and better for the sponsors to run in, therefore the CART teams jumped ship to IRL because the chances of success over there (especially if you are an america *cough hornish *cough* is greatly increased due to Tony Georges love of almost everything america, and hatrid of everything CART.

But as Rusty Wallace said when asked about IRL "who would want to drive those crapwagons?"

Date: April 20, 2004 04:43PM
Posted by: renyf1
as long as tony george owns the indy track....he'll keep pumping money towards irl

the attendence rate is very low they fill the seats with free/cheap tickets

they give teams money to continue

but then again he has major money coming in....indy500, brickyard 400, us gp
Date: April 20, 2004 08:41PM
renyf1 Wrote:
> as long as tony george owns the indy
> track....he'll keep pumping money towards irl
>
> the attendence rate is very low they fill the
> seats with free/cheap tickets
>
> they give teams money to continue
>
> but then again he has major money coming
> in....indy500, brickyard 400, us gp

Indy 500 is a failure. The NASCAR event on the same day (which is a normal race, nothing special), for the last 2 years has produced bigger attendanices (despite ticket prices being higher), and more viewers on TV

Date: April 20, 2004 10:18PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Ellis Wrote:

>
> Indy 500 is a failure. The NASCAR event on the
> same day (which is a normal race, nothing
> special), for the last 2 years has produced bigger
> attendanices (despite ticket prices being higher),
> and more viewers on TV

Thats because IRL is BORING. I cant stand it hey, i seen avbout 20 laps of 1 race, and that was it, NO more. I have gotten right into NASCAR though :D

Anyway you would propbably find that the IRL lost alot of fans when they denied tracy his win a few yrs back, tracy got alot of following for that, and might find alot of fans followed cart more than IRL after woods, CART is FAIR! :\

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy