Finally 1 pic from this weeks tests at Paul Ricard.

Posted by chet 
Finally 1 pic from this weeks tests at Paul Ricard.
Date: April 16, 2004 11:51PM
Posted by: chet
Take a look at this, it is about williams new wing tunnel...

[www.f1racing.net]

Interesting..

Now for BAR pics. If someont knows where i can get testing pics from Paul Ricard from this week pleae tell me. I am dying to see the aero packages.
"wing tunnel..."

What is wing tunnel? Or you mean wind tunnell? If its wind tunnel, they said they wont use it for fw26.
Re: Finally 1 pic from this weeks tests at Paul Ricard.
Date: April 17, 2004 03:12PM
Sorry i did mean wind tunnel. LOL

Interesting pic though
don't want to be a pain in the ass, but it's a pic from barcelona
how do u know?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: April 17, 2004 07:08PM
O DAM, I THOUGHT IT WAS PAUL RICARD!!

I HATE F1-LIVE NOW, AND ALL OTHER F1 SITES!!!

WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR PICTURES, AND FOR THE ONES WHO DO DONT GET THEM?!?
im not happy with F1-Live either

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me neither. It was one of the best sites I thought for pictures, but now you have to be a member thingy. :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2004 11:39PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
always will happen when a site becomes popular, happend with forix, which i know is mainly for history but had great modern stuff too, i signed up, well worth the money...
Big_F1_Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how do u know?
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>

because I read on F1racing.net that it was at barcelona. Marc Gene only drove two laps with the special rearwing at a totally wet Barcelona. It was the only car to go out in the rain

Barcelona Day 3: Schumacher fastest as rain hits test

At the bottom of the time sheets however was Marc Gené who ran two in-lap/out-laps with an interesting addition to his rear wing (see photo). The appendage turned a few heads down the pit lane today, and Patrick Head's presence did nothing to quash the rumour mill kicking into full steam about the part, but Williams Chief Operations Engineer Sam Michael told F1Racing.net that it was simply a control box for onboard sensors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2004 03:42AM by Buck Rogers.
Date: April 18, 2004 10:55AM
Posted by: matt
that pic of williams,is that just a rear view camera attached to the rear wing end plate?

ok buck rogers.

i doubt that its a camera, i would say that it is either a new aerodynamic part (but it doesnt look very aerodynamic to me) or what sam michael said.

Date: April 18, 2004 01:55PM
It might a aero piece to sort of control the turbulent air from the wheels and winglets. Dont know if it is but if it is it would help slipstreaming.

So i dont know why that is on their.
Date: April 18, 2004 02:15PM
Posted by: Zcott
They've run things like this before, most notably in 1997 tests for the upcoming grooved tyres. In that case, it was just a control box for sensors, and I think Michelin must be evaluating wet tyres with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy