McLaren to get HSBC as sponsor in 2005?

Posted by Xero 
McLaren to get HSBC as sponsor in 2005?
Date: April 16, 2004 09:09PM
Posted by: Xero
"McLaren is trying to poach Jaguar Racing's top sponsor HSBC. According to F1 Racing magazine, the deal - that is worth $30 million - could go to the silver team in 2005 because McLaren offer 'more diverse' opportunities.

But Jaguar is confident that the bank will stay loyal. A 'senior Jaguar Racing insider' told the popular F1 Racing magazine: 'HSBC have told us that, if they remain in F1, it will be with us - and we believe them.'

There's also talk that Juan Pablo Montoya's popularity within North America might mean that beer brand Budweiser move with him from BMW-Williams to McLaren."
Re: McLaren to get HSBC as sponsor in 2005?
Date: April 16, 2004 09:45PM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
the way its going at the moment, HSBC will get more coverage with Jaguar, seeing as the McLaren's will b out of the race by about lap 5 and probably be behind the jags neway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: April 16, 2004 09:51PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Could replace West for the tabacco ban, which would be a tad handy, though i do heartily agree with BFF's point.:)
Date: April 16, 2004 09:51PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: April 16, 2004 10:39PM
Posted by: ayazyounis
ferrari will not have to worry when the tobacco ban comes along. virtually every top company in the world will flock to maranello to get their stickers on the car.
Date: April 17, 2004 12:04AM
Posted by: chet
Yeah but Ferrari will loose £30m. Accoding to F1 racing. That means their windtunnel or one of their test tracks!!
Date: April 17, 2004 12:37AM
Posted by: Hova
If they replace the tobacco ads, they won't miss a beat.

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Date: April 17, 2004 11:14AM
Posted by: Palomino
Ferrari will just get another top line sponser, so will Mclaren and Renault, there are other multi-billion dollar companies out there then fag ones you know.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: April 18, 2004 07:49PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Whaddya think Ferrari have been doing sticking the Vodafone stickers on the car for?!!! For the larf?! Surely Vodafone will become main sponsors, and they'll get some smaller sponsor to fill some other space...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2004 07:50PM by The Lopper.
Date: April 20, 2004 07:11AM
Posted by: renyf1
i wish ferrari went back to their traditional read color not the bright red they've been using the last what 6yrs or so

as for the hsbc deal & mclaren.....it was doubtful according to grandprix.com...since hsbc is ford's main bank...why gain mclaren for f1 sponsorship by losing the billions of ford

wish ford would get serious with f1, like honda as
Date: April 21, 2004 04:19PM
Posted by: Stan
if mclaren gets hsbc then there is a chance that they might use the old red/white livery
Date: April 21, 2004 05:39PM
Posted by: dolinseks
"if mclaren gets hsbc then there is a chance that they might use the old red/white livery"

Probably they wont, because Mercedes "is silver".
Date: April 21, 2004 05:41PM
As long as Macca's have Mercedes then they WILL be silver (mercedes are the silver arrows).

Also i think they (macca) will use HSBC as their main sponser in the countries where tobacco advertising is ilegal and West in the counties its not.

@ayazyounis - cool sig pic, although i DOOOO love the Mclarens.

PS BAR FOR 05 CHAMPIONSHIP.

ALONSO (i think he will win as he will have the best car) FOR IMOLA WIN, JB & SATO 2nd AND 3rd!!
Date: April 21, 2004 06:31PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
That deosnt make much sense as Mclaren had merc engines in 95 and 96 and their livery wasnt changed to silver until 97 also Sauber had merc engines in 93/94 and they had a black livery.
Date: April 21, 2004 06:37PM
Posted by: Zcott
McLaren's major sponsor until 1997 was Marlboro, and therefore the car was painted in Marlboro colours. Silver is Mercedes' colour, but also West's colour, so the McLaren team didn't have to try too hard to find a colour to paint the car. :P

Date: April 21, 2004 07:06PM
Posted by: Muks_C
As long as Macca's have Mercedes then they WILL be silver (mercedes are the silver arrows).

currently, Mercedes are the fiery orange barbecues:)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 21, 2004 07:52PM
Posted by: markko
I dont see any of the top teams stuggling with sponsors. Its Jordan and Minardi that need the help.
Date: April 21, 2004 10:37PM
BAR wiill definetly not need help if their season keeps going like this :). I also dont think Jordan will need help, they will find sponsers and in a couple of years be fighting at the top!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy