GP Europa Ralf vs. Montoya

Posted by tost 
GP Europa Ralf vs. Montoya
Date: June 28, 2002 06:29AM
Posted by: tost
Juan Pablo Montoya has accused team-mate Ralf Schumacher of wrecking his European GP.

Schumacher muscled past pole man Montoya at Nurburgring

Senna the Man... the King... the God!
Re: GP Europa Ralf vs. Montoya
Date: June 28, 2002 08:17AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Juan Pablo Montoya has accused team-mate Ralf Schumacher of wrecking his European GP.

He would wouldn't he? Ralf was mega into that first corner, answering all his critics who constantly say he isn't a fighter.

This is incredibly rich coming from Montoya who successfully managed to throw his car into Coulthard's car, ending what would have been a good result for McLaren. Sorry Juan, but Ralf totally out-performed you last weekend - considering he was on hard tyres in qualifying, that gap of only nine thousandths of a second says a lot.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 28, 2002 02:10PM
Posted by: Doug
Oh Montoya seemed to be blaming everyone for his bad race. "I spun because of bad tyres - it's the tyres' fault! I still had bad tyres because Williams refused to let me come in and change them - it's William's fault. I had trouble steering because Ralf hit me - it's all Ralf's fault!

Alright I exagerated. ;) I just think with three consecutive Poles and he still hasn't lead at the end of the first lap out of them and has retired in all of them, he's getting frustrated with it all - I know I would.

Date: June 28, 2002 02:47PM
Posted by: Ellis
"He would wouldn't he? Ralf was mega into that first corner, answering all his critics who constantly say he isn't a fighter."

yeah, but then he made himself look stupid by not even attemtping to put up a fight agaisnt brother Micheal.

When the chips are down, Ralf gives in. How many GPs has he won?( cant remember) but he hasnt had to pass one car on track to win any. He could have tried a bitty harder to keep back MS, and he could have tried a bitty harder to pass him in Brazil too.

"Williams refused to let me come in and change them - it's William's fault"

thats ture- Williams admitted it

"I had trouble steering because Ralf hit me - it's all Ralf's fault!"

well a bend in the steering could ruin a race.

But JPM was bullshitting bout the tyres, he hit the kerb and spun, the tyres didnt do it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 29, 2002 04:46AM
yeah, but then he made himself look stupid by not even attemtping to put up a fight agaisnt brother Micheal.

What on earth would have been the point in Ralf blocking Michael. The guy used his brains and recognised that the Ferraris were obviously on a blistering pace, and he didn't put up any resistance because it would have lost them both time. You see, Montoya doesn't think like this. Montoya doesn't seem to use his brains - he proved this when he took both himself and DC out of the race.

With Ralf's first victory, he did all the work at the start. The last start without LC and he really made it work, squeezing through a tiny gap and taking every inch of kerb he possibly could, he passed Coulthard and Hakkinen brilliantly into the first corner. From then on, his he just blew everyone else away.

Perhaps he wouldn't have won in Hockenheim had JPM not retired, but still, he was right on his teammate's pace, and drove brilliantly.

In Canada, he really gave Michael a hard time - but it's not the easiest thing to pass Michael Schumacher. Similarly in Brazil this year, Ralf had the pace, but just couldn't find away past MS without seriously risking a collision.

Pretty much all of Ralf's victories have been the result of complete domination, so he hasn't had to pass anyone.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 29, 2002 04:59AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I can't believe this. Your saying just because MS will inevitably pass him at some point, there's no point trying?

That's like telling a sprinter that he can't beat Maurice Green, so just let him win!
Its against the spirit of RACING and frankly I think its pathetic.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 29, 2002 07:42AM
Posted by: genesis
I am a big DC and McLaren fan, but I don't think Montoya was as to blame for that incident as people say he was. Like qwerty says (ahh so easy to write qwerty) he has to defend his position at least a few times, and that's what he was doing, and in fact also on the racing line, it wasn't like Montoya swerved to the outside to blobk DC or anything. Personally, I don't think DC was close enough to make a real move. He knew he was way faster, so he should have just took his time and passed him at the same place on the next lap, when he would have inevitably been closer.
Date: June 29, 2002 08:58AM
Sorry Alex but saying that you shouldnt block Ferrari becasue they were faster is pathetic.

Its like saying "We are Ferrari you HAVE to let us through." Remember, Ferrari is NOT bigger than the sport.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 29, 2002 09:37AM
You can moan all you like but at the end of the day, Ralf is the professional driving the car - and he collected 3 points whereas his blocking, weaving team mate picked up none because while he was blocking and weaving all over the place, he threw his car into Coulthard's and ended both their races. Ralf would have seen how quickly Barrichello passed him and how blisteringly quickly his brother pulled up to the back of him, and realised that resistance was futile.

You might not have noticed in these last few years but F1 isn't totally about RACING. It's about strategy and race craft. And at the moment, Ralf seems to have a hell of a lot more of it than his team mate. Which is why he is collecting the points while Montoya is finishing his race prematurely in the gravel.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 29, 2002 09:46AM
But there has to be an element of racing, some proof that RS isnt intimidated by Michael and willing to pile on the pressure. In Canada (2001?) he didnt pass him, and whilst he did pick up points, I felt he should have won. He was faster on the straights and showed he could overtake MS, but just didnt. That day RF gained and lost respect; for attacking Michael, but not actually making a move.

RS is a quick driver, but I'd like to see him take some risks, now and again.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: June 29, 2002 01:32PM
" he threw his car into Coulthard's and ended both their races"

no, he defned the line, but touched the kerb, what he did was not delinrate

"Ralf would have seen how quickly Barrichello passed him and how blisteringly quickly his brother pulled up to the back of him, and realised that resistance was futile"

there it is again - dont bother trying agaisnt ferrari is what ur saying

"It's about strategy and race craft. And at the moment, Ralf seems to have a hell of a lot more of it than his team mate."

like in brazil when he cruised up behind his bro and then didnt make one attempt to pass?

"Which is why he is collecting the points while Montoya is finishing his race prematurely in the gravel."

I would like to say that not many of JPMs races have. Before Nurburgring the last two ended in Engine blow ups

"RS is a quick driver, but I'd like to see him take some risks, now and again."

i would like that too, but in saying that, when he used to in 97 (1st year) he take out his team mate twice, his brother and push Herbert off the road at 220mph and blame Herbert...

Date: June 29, 2002 01:38PM
no, he defned the line, but touched the kerb, what he did was not delinrate

Did I even suggest it was delibrate?

there it is again - dont bother trying agaisnt ferrari is what ur saying

You seem to translate what I say in your own little way - that is to say, misunderstanding it completely and interpreting it as something completely different. Perhaps if you read what I actually wrote, there wouldn't be these misunderstandings. In this particular case, resistance against the Ferraris was futile - I'm not saying that as a Ferrari fan - I'm saying that from common sense. It would be nice if some other people could use it too.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 29, 2002 01:43PM
like in brazil when he cruised up behind his bro and then didnt make one attempt to pass?

You can clearly see that Ralf's race pace was not that much faster than Michael, so it would not have been easy to pass. Perhaps he thought the best thing would be to settle for 6 points rather than risk losing all.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 29, 2002 02:02PM
Posted by: LS.
Perhaps he thought the best thing would be to settle for 6 points rather than risk losing all.

if that maybe the reason, then i expect frank williams would'nt be too happy.

he has made no qualms about his love for pure racers like alan jones, mansell etc, so to have a driver that thinks along those lines, well all i can say is; ralf you better not start making a habit out of this

to drive like that when your in with a shout of the world title can be excused, but this was'nt the case.

there is also the fact that its his brother that he's dicing with of course, but had the roles have been reversed i expect MS would have gone for it if ralph was the leading driver in the constructors

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 29, 2002 02:15PM
No Alex what u said was that there was no point in defneding agaisnt the Ferrari cos they were so fast - so if ur not defneding then that must mean ur letting them through when they try?

In Brazil Ralf didnt make ONE attmpt at a pass. It was soooo boring to watch!

"In this particular case, resistance against the Ferraris was futile"

I bet the Minardi ahead of Mika Hakkinen in USA 2000 also thot that but he didnt let him pass like Ralf did to MS!

Answer this - whats the point in RACING if ur not gona even TRY to defend?

Date: June 29, 2002 02:41PM
"i would like that too, but in saying that, when he used to in 97 (1st year) he take out his team mate twice, his brother and push Herbert off the road at 220mph and blame Herbert..."

True, but I meant calculated risks, rather than really stupid rookie moves like that against herbert.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: June 29, 2002 03:01PM
really stupid rookie moves like that against herbert

...and like Montoya last weekend. Unfortunately I think this is a case of Ralf being criticised because his name is Schumacher. Everybody is completely ignoring his mighty move into the first corner, instead concentrating all their complaints on his lack of resistance when his brother came to pass him. Hakkinen rarely put up a fight when people tried to pass him, does that make him pathetic, and a poor racing driver? The fact is, Ralf is driving much more maturely than Montoya at the moment, and it's showing. This is why he has four GP victories, and Montoya only one.

In Brazil Ralf didnt make ONE attmpt at a pass. It was soooo boring to watch!

I bet you kept watching. I was on the edge of my seat, actually. It was very exciting. But Michael was too quick for Ralf to get the right opportunity.

well all i can say is; ralf you better not start making a habit out of this

That's all you can say... I'm sure Frank Williams has much more on his mind than Ralf not putting up a fight to a Ferrari which was one and a half seconds a lap quicker than his car. Things such as his other driver, who he is paying millions of dollars a year, who is making silly mistakes and throwing certain points away. This is typical of the anti-schumists. Even when it's glaringly obvious that Montoya was in the wrong and that his mistake is everywhere else the big talking point, they are picking on Ralf and bloating what was a sensible action into something way worse than it actually was.

You should be telling yourself that Montoya shouldn't be making a habit of what he did at the Nurburgring.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 29, 2002 03:32PM
"Unfortunately I think this is a case of Ralf being criticised because his name is Schumacher. Everybody is completely ignoring his mighty move into the first corner"

not really, i used to quite like ralf, but hes become very boring to watch.

Best move into turn 1 was DC, between the Ferraris but the nest two corners DC lost out.

"I bet you kept watching. I was on the edge of my seat"

i watched but wasnt very exciting. I wanted to know the results, altho Ralf didnt make a decent attempt

"Even when it's glaringly obvious that Montoya was in the wrong and that his mistake is everywhere else the big talking point"

LOL! I have blamed JPM several times for it! U know that! I critizised JPM for it and dismissed his comments as "bullshit"

Date: June 29, 2002 03:35PM
"really stupid rookie moves like that against herbert"

wasnt even a move! He turned in on Herbert at the fastest point in the track! How he can even THINK about blaming herbert is beyond me! At least JPM said soory to DC, altho his excuse was bullshit

Date: June 29, 2002 05:04PM
Posted by: LS.
ralf seems to be afraid of taking on his brother in a straight fight as far as i can see,

when JV or DC or mika or who ever was in a good enough car to challenge MS seemed to have a go when ever they had the chance, but ralf seems to be lacking in this dept.

you unfairly suggest they people have a problem with ralf because of his surname, which in my case is totally untrue.

but perhaps ralfs problem is that when he's up against another schumacher he seem to take up the mentality of " after you jack"

we've seen michael has no such sentiments when he almost put ralf in to the wall last year at the start of a race, and then again when he held up ralf to let his team mate through.

what i was suggesting was that ralf needs to start toughening up his act or leave F1, if he carrys on with that attitude then he might not have a choice in the matter.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy