slap on the wrist for Ferrari

Posted by matthewp 
slap on the wrist for Ferrari
Date: June 26, 2002 04:23AM
Posted by: matthewp
from Itv-f1:

Ferrari, Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello have been given a joint $1million fine by the FIA World Council for the Austrian Grand Prix debacle.

The World Council met in Paris on Wednesday morning to decide on Ferrari
Re: slap on the wrist for Ferrari
Date: June 26, 2002 04:39AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Are you surprised? I mean, even if the drivers' points were taken from them, Schumacher would have only a, what... 36 point lead in the championship!? Some punishment that would have been. They've had punishment enough with all the bad press and booing...etc, they don't need any more ticking off.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 26, 2002 08:20AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
They still got away with it. Just an awful lot of money to pay just to hand over an extra 4 points for MS.
Date: June 26, 2002 11:04AM
Posted by: Ellis
lol, million pound is probably micheals kds pocket money

This isnt the kind of thing you do to a top team. Fiat probably paid for it anyway. Whenever Ferrari need money Fiat can pmup it in (like Merc can do with McLaren)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 26, 2002 01:15PM
Posted by: chris
I doubt it. At the moment Fiat are $4.9bn in debt...in no position to give ferrari money. Ther's even talk of Ferrari being floated in order to raise cash! (BMW buy them, and force them to make crap engines ;)

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 26, 2002 01:53PM
Posted by: Vader
I would suport that, qwerty. Good point there.

Yes, it is disapointing, but be honest - did you really expect FIA to punish Ferrari in any serious way?

After all it's FIAt, as some other memeber of the forum once pointed out (I don't remember who, though)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 27, 2002 09:11AM
lol, I hadn't noticed that before, is it a coincidence? I think not
Date: June 27, 2002 09:23AM
One thing that puzzles me (well its just Max talking bollocks really) is that in an Itv interview a while back Mosley said that the punishments they could hand out to Ferrari are "very extensive" going all the way upto the parties in question being excluded from the sport. but now they come out and say that they can't do anything else, they didn't do anything wrong.
hmm...strange
Date: June 28, 2002 05:00AM
Posted by: Vader
Just imagine what could happen:

- FIA does punish Ferrari in a very extensive way (even bans them for the rest of the season)

- Ferrari says: 'Thank you, goodbye' and leaves F1 to move on to CART

What do you think will happen then? As much as I ahte to admit, but Ferrari is an essential part of what is considerd the thrill of Formula One. Without them the whole thing would loose a lot of reputation. CART, however, would be glad to have Ferrari in their series. That means taht the FIA would punish themselves if they do no treat Ferrari well.

Look here see how Ferrari deals with FIA decisions they do not like (second paragraph):

[www.atlasf1.com]

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy