Alex's Grand Prix Photos

Posted by _Alex_ 
Alex's Grand Prix Photos
Date: June 11, 2002 01:28PM
Posted by: _Alex_
*22 PRETTY LARGE PHOTOS - MAY TAKE A WHILE TO LOAD - PLZ BE PATIENT!*

You won't believe the trouble I've had getting this damn film processed. It was meant to be ready last Thursday but there were countless delays and I feared I may never get it back. But lo! Here they are.

I took these pictures at Silverstone testing last week and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I thought I'd share the best ones with you...

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

Hope you enjoyed them!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Re: Alex's Grand Prix Photos
Date: June 11, 2002 01:36PM
Posted by: chris
Those are superb! Well done to catch Benoldi's engine blow out, that's a great shot.

The Williams looks really crisp, no motion blur...you must have an expensive camera?

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 11, 2002 02:51PM
The camera is pretty decent. It's a Konica and when bought about two years ago cost around £100 or something, which isn't particularly expensive when you compare it to some equipment available. Of course, my parents bought it. I don't have that sort of money to spend on cameras! As long as it takes pictures it's OK :)

Yes the Bernoldi incident was quite amazing. I don't know if you noticed, but it was very nearly a lot worse. The Arrows blew its engine on the entry to Copse, and spun off on it's own oil. Inevitably, the next guy to come charging along was going to be in trouble. Barrichello came barrelling down the straight and slithered around on Bernoldi's oil, flying straight on at Copse, and wasn't far off collecting the stationary Arrows on the way!

Definitely my favourite is the Montoya pic. That came out fantastically well. You probably can't tell from the pic but it's slightly wet, and he was kicking up a little spray. I also like the one of Sato reflected in the pit buildings, that was a neat little touch :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 11, 2002 03:12PM
Posted by: pikflo_MHrulz
fantastic!when i went i was a vip guest at jaguar racing.i also had a long chat with montoya.it was was just after interlargos01 when jos v whent into the back of him.i asked him"what do you you think about the dutch then?" he replied" they should stick to making bacon!".hes realy intresting and he was telling me about his america days. i also asked ralf s for an auto and he ignored me so i shoted "wanker"!and he turnd round!i would post my pics but dont know how!
Date: June 11, 2002 04:38PM
Posted by: genesis
What the hell? You spoke to Montoya, and called Ralf Schumacher a wanker? Riiiiiiiiiiiight...........
Date: June 11, 2002 10:13PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Um I think about 2 of those shots are in focus, the rest are not. I'd get a better camera or use the motion feature if it has one. Other than that they are nice.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 12, 2002 01:04AM
Posted by: Ellis
"Um I think about 2 of those shots are in focus"

em....i'd like to see you focus a camera on an object thats moving at 200mph.

Good pics Alex :D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 12, 2002 03:46AM
i sware that i spoke to jpm and why not i was in the paddock and was outside on his own when some peolpe asked him for his auto then i aproched him asked for his auto and then a asked him some questions he didnt look uncomftable or anything and seemed very relaxed.remember he had just entered the sport as a full driver and not a test driver so he could roam around unlike ms or mh how just get swamped as sone as they make an apperance.and the rs thing did hapen as i felt insulted that he just barged into me as if hes some kind of god and i think hes overrated anway.it s a part of a f1 drivers life to give autos and its there duty to the fans who spend so much money on traverling,clothes,tickets etc.dc realy good with fans and he sighned all the autos he was asked and had photos taken he.and one thing i do remember is this little child with a "i love dc"@!#$ on and he was trying to get his auto with his mam and dad but was getting trappled on so dc picked him up and took him him and his parents into the garage with him! i thought that was fantastic and he earnt my resperct as a man that day.i also asked fisi's auto but he refused but he said to me "not atthe moment" unlike rs who just ignored me!
Date: June 12, 2002 03:51AM
I believe you, cos in CART they do much more fan stuff, so he would have been used to that and likely to talk.

Date: June 12, 2002 04:09AM
cheers mate :-)
Date: June 12, 2002 06:29AM
The Jordan looks much lower than the others, but such an ugly carshape!

Aesthetics should come ahead of efficiency, dammit!!

Chris J

or maybe I'm wrong....?

Date: June 12, 2002 07:04AM
Posted by: Zcott
Nice pictures, Alex! I'm fairly jealous, here. :P

How far away from Silverstone are you? And does it cost to get into test sessions?
Date: June 12, 2002 07:34AM
I could focus on that no problem since my camera can do that feature. My camera isn't worth 100$, I paid over 700$ for mine cause I knew what I wanted.

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 12, 2002 07:56AM
Posted by: Vader
show-off

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 12, 2002 09:04AM
I could focus on that no problem since my camera can do that feature. My camera isn't worth 100$, I paid over 700$ for mine cause I knew what I wanted.

Well you're obviously a camera fan. I'm an F1 fan.

How far away from Silverstone are you? And does it cost to get into test sessions?

On a test day (no traffic) it takes about 45 minutes to drive to the track from Stratford. And it doesn't cost a penny! It's definitely worth the journey if you don't want to shell out the ridiculous price for GP tickets at Silverstone, and just want to watch (and hear!) some F1 cars in action. As you can see there's very few spectators so its really easy to move around - but they have blocked off the way down to Maggotts and Becketts and Stowe so you can only really get to Copse, Woodcote, Luffield, Priory/Brooklands, Bridge and Abbey - which is hardly bad! Copse and Woodcote were my favourites just for the sheer mind-bending speed.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 12, 2002 09:21AM
I'd love to be near Bridge, as they scream under the bridge (suprise) at a full throttle.

Date: June 12, 2002 09:49AM
Actually at the test I went to last week, the closest you could get to Bridgewas not close enough. I got this pic of Button going through Bridge.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 12, 2002 11:35AM
I'm a big fan of F1 and also love taking pics so I spent a few bucks on a good camera.

Sue me. ;-)

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 12, 2002 12:34PM
Posted by: andrew_S
hmm i dont understand how they can block off maggotts, cant you just go through the inside, over the feilds, past the driving centre etc and then over the hanger straight bridge then you should be able to get to stowe or maggots, anyway i will be going to this rediculacly priced GP :D hehe, but ive never been to testing, seriously how "close" can you get, into the paddock? or what?

does anyone want to see some pics (from previous years races) they certainly wont CDN_merlins high standards ;) or alex's for that matter, but they are still pretty good

oh to the person who asked how long it takes, silverstone is an ideal location to get to from any point in the country really, it takes me about an hour from birmingham, but i go a strange way (i get off the motorway at the prodrive/brackley exit)
Date: June 12, 2002 01:54PM
I sure do want to see some pics, please!

Testing is particularly good because there are very few people there, it's easy to move around, and of course, you get most of the drivers there lapping quickly.

In 1999 and 2000 my brother had centre passes and Benetton pit passes, so you could wonder around and get drivers' autographs, and go into the Benetton pit garage. It was in 2000 that I saw Michael Schumacher trip over on the steps up to the motorhome :)

Jensen Button was sitting munching lunch so we kind of subtly hung around a few yards down the paddock waiting for him to finish, then pounced - as did half the rest of the paddock. He stood there saying: "Oh, I really haven't got time to do everybody's. I have to go soon. I'm in a real hurry." He gave everybody waiting his autograph. Good on ya Jensen.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy