Re: Alex's Grand Prix Photos
Date: June 12, 2002 03:20PM
Posted by: andrew_S
wow, was that at testing or the race?
Date: June 12, 2002 03:54PM
Posted by: Zcott
Andrew -

I'd love to see pictures from the GP! Take as many as possible! :D!
Date: June 12, 2002 04:27PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well heres a panoramic pic i made with 3 photos, of copse in 97, i made it for a post at alpha today so i thouht i may as well post it as the first one here, sorry about the distortion on the catch fence, the middle photo was taken at a different time, and because silverstone is pretty suseptable to weather changes the middle pic was over cast and dark i got the clouds right in photoshop but messed the fence up and didnt backup (fool) the general resolution isnt great as its a long pic, soz

Date: June 13, 2002 01:27AM
Posted by: _Alex_
wow, was that at testing or the race?

At testing. It was great because the paddock was fairly empty.

Great pictures by the way!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 13, 2002 02:36AM
Posted by: chris
I think I might go to one of these test days in the summer (after exams) because I live in South London, and its not too far.

Note to self: Bring a camera

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 13, 2002 03:44AM
Posted by: Vader
Note to qwerty:
But not just any odd camera. These guys in here make great demands. Ask your bank for a credit, at least , say, for a £ 2,000 camera. And don't forget to bring a platybus, or else they won't even let you in at Silverstone ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 13, 2002 04:17AM
Your absolutely right. If CDN_Merlin happened to catch me leaving the house with a £20 camera he'd most likely slap me (or sue me) for my incompetence.

In fact right after my exam, I'll pop down to Barclay's and ask the nice bankmanager if I, an 18 yr old student can have £5000.

£2000 cameras are no use to me, I need platypus compatible brands. Lord knows, those are hard enough to find these days. (ask me 5 years ago and I could have got one in an instant....but I digress)

Chris J

Date: June 13, 2002 04:45AM
Posted by: Vader
qwerty-

you could always buy BBC or ITV. This should provide you with a nice plenty of useful equipment to chose from. PLUS you could make a live broadcast instead of just posting boring pics made only with a cheap £5,000 camera. I don't believe that buying a TV station will be over a student's budget. If the bank gives you £5,000, they might as well do it right for once and give you £5,000,000,000 - where's the difference anyway, it's just a bunch of silly meaningless "0"s.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 13, 2002 04:52AM
Posted by: _Alex_
LoL :)

Silverstone Formula 1 Testing Dates

Open to the public in 2002:

May 28, 29, 30
September 3, 4, 5, 17, 18, 19
October 1, 2, 3

These provisional dates have been offered to teams, but we cannot guarantee the attendance of teams.

And remember, it's totally free.

I went on May 30th, and that was the official Silverstone tyre test for the GP - I was pretty lucky as all the teams save Minardi were there. The subsequent dates may not result in all teams turning up, but it's still definitely worthwhile.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 13, 2002 08:38AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Do you know testing dates for other tracks like Monza?
Date: June 13, 2002 10:00AM
Vader, your logic is once again faultless. I shall approach the bank and request a loan of this size. Perhaps the manager is under the control of the Dark Side, and will lend it to me.

I fear, however, that the tecnology required to get the effects I require, and a high platypus count may not be found in the UK. I feel that your RTL company may be better equipted.

I urge you to approach them, and obtain the neccessary equipment.

Date: June 19, 2002 10:36AM
Posted by: CMJH69
LOL @ Vader & Qwerty!!! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy