JEEZ talk about forward thinking under pressure

Posted by LS. 
JEEZ talk about forward thinking under pressure
Date: May 27, 2002 03:57PM
Posted by: LS.
Mika Salo deliberately crashed his Toyota into the barriers at the Monaco Grand Prix.

The brake pedal on Salo

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: JEEZ talk about forward thinking under pressure
Date: May 27, 2002 04:10PM
Posted by: LS.
i remember mansell at adelaide 94 during qualifying, herbert was a few corners in front and spun in the middle of the track, and mansell came flying round the corner only to see herbert smack in the middle of the apex.

in the blink of an eye mansell put his car in to a delibrate spin to avoid hitting herbert.

it just shows how much a breed apart F1 drivers are from us mere mortals

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
i remember that, he floored throttle to spin the car, great stuff

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: May 27, 2002 07:58PM
Posted by: Zcott
There was once at Imola ('89 or '90?) that Mansell was close to Berger at the Villeneuve kink, when Berger left him no room. Mansell put the car onto the grass and had to either a) put the car in a spin, or b) try to get it back on the track. He instantly chose the spinning option (apparently) and did the race's fastest lap after that lap.

Alternative story: Berger pushed him onto the grass, he spun. :P
Date: May 28, 2002 05:37AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Also, the 1973 British GP, coming up to complete the opening lap, Jody Scheckter lost his McLaren going into Woodcote, and a huge pile up insued. Cars were flying all over the place, and Jacky Ickx, reading the situation incredibly well, saw Scheckter's McLaren in the middle of the track, and pointed his Ferrari straight at it as it rolled backwards. Timed to perfection, the two cars missed by millimetres as Ickx flew passed at 150mph, the Ferrari brushing wheels with the pit wall on his right. A massive accident skilfully avoided.

At the restart, Ickx's tyres were seen to have marks on the outside where he had scraped the pit wall as he dodged Scheckter's car. Remarkable!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 28, 2002 06:13AM
Well!

Gerhard Berger always used to say that if you see an accident happening, head straight for it. And hope that by the time you get there, it won't be there anymore.
Date: May 28, 2002 02:41PM
Posted by: Ellis
MS @ Monaco 97 suppose might count, he locked the breaks on a puddle, instead of understeering thro, and hitting the barriers, he ran onto the run off area

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 29, 2002 01:36AM
MS @ Monaco 97 suppose might count, he locked the breaks on a puddle, instead of understeering thro, and hitting the barriers, he ran onto the run off area

He also did a similar thing at Argentina in 1998. Losing his concentration momentarily at turn one and braking too late, he skilfully negotiated his way through the gravel trap and joined a slip road to take him back to the circuit. That's the extra intelligence that Michael has "spare" when he's driving - any other driver would have hit the brakes and tried to get back to the track where they left it, but as Brundle is always commenting, Schumacher uses his initiative a lot better.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 29, 2002 01:40AM
"That's the extra intelligence that Michael has "spare" when he's driving "

but Hill and Coulthard done t in Suzuka 95, i would always tend to think - go stright for the slip roads, theres alwyas grass verges around the outside of gravel traps, i would alwyas go for them

actaully i have tried in GP3 2000 but it doesnt have any :';(

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 29, 2002 01:41AM
"It

Date: May 29, 2002 01:52AM
doesnt the break problem count as a failure? since it failed to do its job correctly?

I think what he probably meant was that the brakes are not actually officially produced by the team Toyota. I'm not sure who makes them.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 29, 2002 02:05AM
oh, yeah, opps :$

Date: May 29, 2002 10:35AM
Toyota use Brembo brakes - same as Ferrari.

Do I get points for knowing that...?!
Date: May 29, 2002 12:26PM
Nope, just pat on the back...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy