Posted by Ellis 
Anyone watch rally?
Date: May 22, 2002 11:32AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

this is a surprise, from

[sportscarsm.racesimcentral.com]

---------------------------

I cant believe this!! Richard Burns has also been excluded from the Rally of Argentina, due to a light-weight flywheel!!!! That gives Carlos Sainz the win!!

More info on Fantasy Challenge Page. Richard Burns DOES NOT take his first victory for Peugeot!! Tommi Makinen had the lead going into the final day, but rolled the car and retired in the 2nd to last stage. Both Tommi and Co-Driver Kaj Lindstrom were ok, but the car was demolished. Spanish Star, Carlos Sainz finished 1st and Petter Solberg finished 2nd.

-----------------------------------

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Anyone watch rally?
Date: May 22, 2002 11:37AM
Posted by: _Alex_
That was an incredible rally, I just watched it on Eurosport's 1-hour program!

Pretty unbelievable that both the Peugeots were DQ - I bet Sainz thought he'd had all his Christmasses come at once!

What about Makkinen's crash! Scary! He must have barrel-rolled at least five times. He was lucky to escape that. It's a shame McRae lacked pace at the start, because with those two Peugeots excluded, he might even have won. Which would have been excellent.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 22, 2002 12:32PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah really bizarre that disqualification stuff

Date: May 23, 2002 12:58AM
Posted by: chris
Alex, you sounded like Mika Hakkinen just then!

"Pretty unbelievable"

Great rally, I also wanted to see McRae win, he's now 7th in the championship.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 23, 2002 01:06AM
Alex, you sounded like Mika Hakkinen just then!

LoL.

Honestly, I don't think this sounds like Schumacher.

I think, Montoya doesn't talk like this, you know.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 23, 2002 01:42AM
Posted by: chris
LOL Alex!!

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 23, 2002 11:43AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
yeah it was some rally..

Date: May 23, 2002 01:27PM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Still don't understand why Gronholm didn't receive a time penalty rather than a disqualification (remember Loeb in Monte-Carlo, practicly the same thing).

I guess it's another one of those FIA-biased decisions. Gronholm and Peugeot are miles ahead. Their dominance is even bigger than Ferraris in F1.
Date: May 23, 2002 03:42PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well its not strange at all imho, the rules in rallying are that you cant receieve help once out of the service area, its happend before and it will happen again, therefore he was disqualified, in loabs case, it happend inside the service area but outside the time limits i think, but it was a different situation anyway
Date: May 24, 2002 09:08AM
How about GSM communication with the crew on road sections? It's been done all the time. I just think it's a move to get the dominance out of the championship, cause punishing like that is way too hard.
Date: May 24, 2002 10:46AM
Posted by: andrew_S
yeah thats true but the crew dont actually touch the cars, then, therefore its legal
Date: May 24, 2002 01:25PM
Solberg must really be kicking himself. He thought he'd only lost third place... just goes to show you should never stop pushing!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 25, 2002 02:26AM
The Peugeot didn't touch Gronholms car either. They gave him advice on what to do to get his car started.
Date: May 25, 2002 02:26PM
Well they did because they admitted it and said sorry. Big boob.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy