Herbert is next to voice his opinions on MS

Posted by Bruno_dc 
Re: Herbert is next to voice his opinions on MS
Date: May 24, 2002 01:41AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Don't forget that in 2000 MS took the title because McLaren screwed up in the first few races of the year.

As Mark pointed out, that's a load of rubbish. And what about mid-season 2000? After an appauling run of bad luck, Schumacher still managed to take the title with a race left.

but if MS is as good as you keep protesting about, how come he's had to take the car rubens was driving, copy rubens setups, & and the actual team ( yes even the team agree) had to concede michael could'nt keep up with rubens and made him pull up to let MS through?

Schumacher is payed tens of millions to win the championship. If he feels Rubens's setup is faster, then he'll use it. And how do you explain the fact that when he had Barrichello's setup, he was faster than him?

Anyway, this is two races out of some 160-odd, that you're blowing up way out of proportion.

does'nt sound too good to me now he has a team mate with equal equipment

LoL. I don't know about you, but I've never noticed Barrichello, Irvine, or Herbert driving round in a shopping trolley before. Do you really think this is the first time his team-mate has had equal equipment to him?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 24, 2002 02:00AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"Anyway, this is two races out of some 160-odd, that you're blowing up way out of proportion."

well, kinda. But notice how since Rubens got the new car hes been right up closer (and sometimes ahead) to MS than we have seen b4.

The new car seems to suit RB more than MS. Not just in speed, but in setup too. MS has taken RBs setup twice and even taken the whole car once.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 24, 2002 02:46AM
Posted by: LS.
Do you really think this is the first time his team-mate has had equal equipment to him?[i/]

yes

Schumacher is payed tens of millions to win the championship

you say that MS is paid millions to win the title, ok

so when the designers have got a new piece of technology thats been tested and reilable, who do you think will benefit from having it on his car hmmm?

i remember irvine moaning that he never got the latest advancement in racing technology at ferrari

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 24, 2002 08:16AM
Posted by: Mark
i don't know how many times i have to post this,michael did NOT take rubens car.rubens used the spare car for qualifying,which is set aside for michael,are you with me so far,so the car that michael supposed to of stole is in effect his car anyway.
the car that rubens was given for the race,was michaels car,the car which claimed pole position on rubens set-up
so tell me how rubens lost out here if that car was inferior you must be saying michael claimed pole in an inferior car on rubens own setup,so why didn't rubens get pole in a faster car.

the point about mclaren and senna,he spent most of his career at mclaren taking people off the road,punching eddie irvine for unlapping himself,nigel mansell was so enraged by a move that he done he stormed into the garage and lifted him off his feet.
strange how ms going to dc's garage after spa gets mentioned,mansell so pissed off with senna not a thing.lying about the prost incident,and this was at high speed very dangerous.
about teams orders at mclaren,it doesn't only happen when one driver is mathematically out of the title,jerez 97 none of them were in the title race,the smae for australia98
Date: May 24, 2002 09:15AM

mark you said i don't know how many times i have to post this,michael did NOT take rubens car.rubens used the spare car for qualifying,which is set aside for michael,are you with me so far

now where in my post did i say it was rubens car?

if you could read it again please i said

how come he's had to take the car rubens was driving

the car that rubens was given for the race,was michaels car,the car which claimed pole position on rubens set-up

why would MS need to borrow the other car then if it was fast enough to clinch pole?

about teams orders at mclaren,it doesn't only happen when one driver is mathematically out of the title,jerez 97 none of them were in the title race,the smae for australia98

jerez was quantified by ron dennis saying that he wanted mika to break his F1 duck so to speak, and yes it was'nt in a title race, which makes what ferrari did even worse when you look at gift that was given to mika, which with out that we may never have seen some of the good races that were to follow in 98 & 99.

a similar thing happend when berger was senna's team mate, and senna let berger win a race, same with mansell and patrese at monza, the thing was that it was a nice gesture,

something you could never MS doing,

who could truthfully say that MS would do this out of his own goodwill? he had to at sepang by allowing irvine a shout at the world title

he was'nt so helpful at the final race at suzuka though was he?

the bit about austrailia 98 again is under different circumstances, it was the first race of the year, and would it have really made a difference to the out come of the rest of the season?

and that was'nt to do with team orders it was down to coulthard honouring a agreement with hakkinen, not ron dennis.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 24, 2002 09:19AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
I was just saying the reliability of the McLaren was worse than the Ferrari in 2000, which is why they lost a lot of points, I didn't say they lost wins.
Date: May 24, 2002 09:25AM
And who doesn't want the best man winning?? In Austria RB was the best, yet he didn't get the win he deserved. In Australia 98 Mika was the best, he had bad luck during that pitstop that wasn't one :)

But at the end, everyone thought Mika deserved it. Not like two weeks ago...
Date: May 24, 2002 09:47AM
Posted by: chris
"the point about mclaren and senna,he spent most of his career at mclaren taking people off the road"

come on...talk about exagerration!

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 24, 2002 11:18AM
how wasn't he helpful at suzuka,he got pole,again he got held up by dc when getting lapped,though you can't blame this on poor visibility,is it fair that eddie expected michael to go and win the championship for him while he tootled around in third place in japan.
you say about austria that ms could of disobeyed team orders,true but he could of at sepang and not let eddie through,but as he's so selfish he did,only in it for himself,win at all costs.
dc moving over for mika in jerez,well allowing mika to break his duck is no excuse,the finish was still fixed,even worse that 2 teams arranged it,that is not racing either.
Date: May 24, 2002 11:20AM
who's everyone bruno,a lot of people were highly criticle of that,i'm sure everyone who had a few quid on dc thought mika deserved it as well
Date: May 24, 2002 11:51AM
why could'nt MS hold up mika like irvine did for him the previous year?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 24, 2002 11:58AM
you say about austria that ms could of disobeyed team orders,true but he could of at sepang and not let eddie through,but as he's so selfish he did

more along the lines of he knew that the world of F1 would see what sort of person he really is

simiar to austrian gp, he was all smiles and gesturing in the cockpit , but as soon as he saw the reaction of the crowd he lied and said that he took no joy in the win, and then lied yetagain by telling the global media that he knew nothing about it

this just shows you the morals of the man, a delibrate lair, he is respected in the cockpit, but as a man, he's liar and a cheat

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 24, 2002 01:23PM
why could'nt MS hold up mika like irvine did for him the previous year?

It probably has something to do with the fact that Hakkinen already had about half a minute lead going into the first corner of the first lap. Hakkinen drove superbly in that Suzuka finale, but who will ever know whether it was an off-day for Schumacher or whether he was keeping his distance intentionally?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 24, 2002 01:26PM
but who will ever know whether it was an off-day for Schumacher or whether he was keeping his distance intentionally

you want to make your mind up alex

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 25, 2002 02:30AM
but who will ever know whether it was an off-day for Schumacher or whether he was keeping his distance intentionally

Couldn't it just be that MS couldn't match the pace that day?
Date: May 25, 2002 02:31PM
Couldn't it just be that MS couldn't match the pace that day?

->

but who will ever know whether it was an off-day for Schumacher or...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 25, 2002 04:03PM
Posted by: al_pacman
alex

in what year was schumacher your team mate?

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy