[b]Ferrari called before the FIA!!![/b]

Posted by Morbid 
[b]Ferrari called before the FIA!!![/b]
Date: May 13, 2002 06:00AM
Posted by: Morbid
The FIA has come under immense pressure. Take a look at the statements in the international press. Even the Brazilian President had a bitter comment. @ [f1.racing-live.com]

So now they are taking action! Have a look at this: [f1.racing-live.com]

"The Ferrari Formula One team and drivers Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barichello have been ordered to appear before the International Automobile Federation here on June 26, following the uproar that followed Sunday's Austrian Grand prix, the FIA announced on Monday.

"Following an incident during the last lap of the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix and incidents during the subsequent podium procedure, the FIA has summoned the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro and the drivers Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barichello to appear before the World Motor Sports Council at its next meeting," the FIA said in a press statement.

The Italian team provoked a storm of abuse at the end of the Spielberg race when they ordered Barichello, their No 2 driver, to slow down and allow top man Schumacher to win the race. The victory was worth an extra four points for the German who after five races this season had built up a commanding lead in his quest for a fifth world championship."

Even though there are no rules against team orders, I bet they will be talking about this little thing:

"article 48 of the sporting regulations states

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: [b]Ferrari called before the FIA!!![/b]
Date: May 13, 2002 06:12AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Where the heck have you been, Morbid? I dont mean as in thats old news, i mean, ur absence of the forum....... That's the best news I've heard all day :D

Rob ferrari of their points, I say :P

Date: May 13, 2002 06:34AM
Posted by: Morbid
Yeah I have been gone for quite a while. And I will disappear again soon. I talked quite a bit with Alex yesterday after the GP, and that act alone has put my 4 hour written exam, on thursday, in First Order Logic in a pretty precarious situation. And there will be no time to catch up since I have to submit a 60 page semester report on the 31st of May, of which very little is written, and to compound matters we are effectively reduced to two people in our study group who are ready and able to work on it. And we have to go to a 1,5 hour graded oral exam on that subject on the 17th of June. I can feel the desperation... But how am I supposed to resist joining in on the discussion of events of this magnitude?

I know I have neglected several people who have sent me emails in the last couple of weeks. I am sorry, but there just hasn't been any time nor energy to reply. The neglect is not intentional. So to Ellis, Vader (those two especially!), Jamlid and others: Hopefully I can catch up later.

On a lighter note: Yeah, its nice to see that the FIA aren't completely deaf, dumb and blind. But if you ask me they (I mean FIA here) have brought this disaster upon themselves. They have tolerated far too many supiscious moves by and rulings towards the Ferrari team. Of course they would push for as many gains as possible.

Hopefully this will set the record straight. For starters, let Rubens have his win back. Then we can talk about sanctions against M$ and Ferrari. Any less won't cut the mustard, so shape up FIA, and I might change my sig.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 13, 2002 06:38AM
Posted by: JC
The FIA should punish Ferrari for the first time ever lol..........

Date: May 13, 2002 10:15AM
Posted by: Xero
I think they should stip the points!... hopefully ALL of them! ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy