My thoughts on today's race...

Posted by marcvb 
My thoughts on today's race...
Date: May 12, 2002 05:43PM
Posted by: marcvb
Yes I agree, Barrichello should have won the race and he deserved to do so.
I am against ferrari's decision since Rubens drove so well but the fact remains that it was a team order and I sincerely have no idea why so many fans hate ferrari for what they've done and want them out of the championship.
It could have happened to everyone.
Just picture this:
We're in the last race of the season. Ralf at 98 points, Micheal at 95 and Rubens at 80 points.
Current positions in race:
1st Rubens Barrichello
2nd Micheal Schumacher
3rd Ralf Schumacher
As you can see, if the race ends this way, Ralf is the new champion. On the other hand, If Rubens lets Micheal by, M. Schumacher will once again be champion.
What happens? Obviously Rubens lets Micheal by whether he is faster or not and Schumi is the champion.

...Had that happened, I'm positive nobody would have complained or said against ferrari.

Obviously, you'll say, today's race was completely different. Schumi still has the opportunity to win more races.
But..racing is racing. Anything can happen. Schumi might get injured and miss out on a few grandprix's.
Anyway, I guess you get my point..
In F1, every race must be tackled as though it's the final race of the season.
Ferrari did just that and I don't see what's so bad in doing it.

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Re: My thoughts on today's race...
Date: May 12, 2002 07:44PM
Posted by: JC
What Ferrari did can not be condoned in F1, it is not right, its unfair..... Teams in the past or have done something simillar have ever been penalized or just been told not to do it agian..... It makes the sport unfair for other drivers who are trying to challenge for the championship and its unfair for the number 2 driver........ Actions like this should not be allowed in any sports.....

All this just gives F1 a bad name...... The press are going to have a field day after what Ferrari did.... The way Barachello is treated is just very unfair, but seeing that he's number 2 driver its understandable i guess, but this unbelievably low act just pushes this number 1 driver and number 2 driver thing over the top..... There is no way people would be willing to stand by and let Ferrari get away with it......

The fact is that what happened shocked alot of people, it shocked the crowd, it shocked the ferrari fans, it shocked the TV commentators. ALot of ppl were appauled by it.....................

Personally i think its not how sportspersons or sports teams should behave because its not very fair or sporting........

- JC

Date: May 13, 2002 04:49AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Marc, it's fine to create the extreme hypothetical u just did, but.....u also have to think about this...

Schumacher on 123 points, Ralf on 78 and Rubens on 66.

That's much more believable. Who knows, perhaps those 4 points the bastards robbed off Barrichello will result in him being 3rd overall rather than second.

Date: May 13, 2002 06:35AM
Posted by: JC
lol at mike........ And if your in Ruben's car and your leading the race then the AI would slow your car down so that Schumacher can pass and win instead lol, joking lol............... Lets hope your just joking about that too lol.

- JC

Date: May 13, 2002 08:29AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
What a load of cr@p Marc
Date: May 13, 2002 09:56AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Come on bruno, hes just putting accross his opinion, and i think he has a right to do that. He also has a point unlike........... *cough**cough*

Date: May 13, 2002 10:11AM
Posted by: Xero
Yeah, but Chris, that was Bruno just putting his across!... which makes what you said a bit... well... double standard! ;)

Date: May 13, 2002 11:18AM
Posted by: marcvb
Hey all,

First off, I appreciate it that in this forum we can discuss about things even when we disagree (excluding bruno's "comment";).
@Mika Halpinen: Yes, that result is more probable, but F1 is F1. Anything can happen.
And you must remember: we, the fans, are seeing this from an emotional point of view. In fact, from a fan's point of view, I agree with you. Barrichello was the clear winner. He should have won since he deserved it.
However, had you been in the F1 team, where loadz (and by loadz I mean millions) of money is involved, you might have seen it from a different point of view.

Now believe me, in no way am I saying what they did is right. But, at least IN MY OPINION, people are making to much fuss on what happened.
I am 100% sure that had the same happened to either Mclaren, Williams or any other team, the complaining would have died out very quickly.

The fact is, fans are bothered by this mostly because Ferrari is the top team. Had BAR done this, nobody would have even taken any notice.
But remember that Ferrari have as much right as BAR or any other team to use team orders. Now whether it will effect people's opinions or not, that is another thing. What Ferrari did yesterday is legal IMO.

And besides, what would F1 be without Ferrari? Let's be honest, as much as you might hate Ferrari and Micheal, F1 would not be the same without them.

Just my opinion :)
Marc

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: May 13, 2002 01:01PM
Posted by: _Alex_
And besides, what would F1 be without Ferrari? Let's be honest, as much as you might hate Ferrari and Micheal, F1 would not be the same without them.

That's true. But still I'm totally opposed to such unnecessary moves. The FIA know that F1 would be still worse off without Ferrari.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 13, 2002 01:04PM
Posted by: LS.
certainly agree with that, if not just the history and prestige they have,

but lets hope the F.I.A when deciding what to do about about the outcome of sundays events do not let that cloud their judgement

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 14, 2002 01:28AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"as much as you might hate Ferrari and Micheal, F1 would not be the same without them."

Your right

There would be less arguments and it would be fairer considering everything we have discussed bout F1 being fair or not fair always seems to revolve around MS and/or Ferrari

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 14, 2002 07:17AM
Posted by: Vader
We all see what teamorders lead up to: Irvine could have won the title in 1999 if Ferrari had not just concentrated on MS in the first part of the season. So whatever you think about it, they are not only fooling their fansm,they fool themselves in the end.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy