15:55
1 hour
Top Hat Enduro for pre 65 Touring Cars

Race
17:10
10 laps
Kelsport/Club Lotus Roadsports Championship

heres the cars taking part in the F1 races

as i live 5 mins away from the track, i'll be going ;-)

thought i'd share the info incase anyone would've liked to have gone, but did'nt find out in time

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
oh by the way, if do decide to go, i strongly recommend you take a trip to the donington grandprix collection

its packed full of F1 cars from the modern era right back to the 50's, a chance to see real life GPL cars

also they have a mclaren hall of fame, its packed with cars from senna prost, lauda,

also see the senna & fangio tribute monument

recognise the eagle from my post about the GPL update?

if you go to the circuit for any club racing or touring cars, and your a real racing fan you owe it to yourself to take in this history of F1 racing

for £7 its a bargain to see these priceless cars

err MR Wheatcroft, do i get my comission now?

LS's Tip of the week
oh by the way, if do decide to go, i strongly recommend you take a trip to the donington grandprix collection

its packed full of F1 cars from the modern era right back to the 50's, a chance to see real life GPL cars

also they have a mclaren hall of fame, its packed with cars from senna prost, lauda,

also see the senna & fangio tribute monument

recognise the eagle from my post about the GPL update?

if you go to the circuit for any club racing or touring cars, and your a real racing fan you owe it to yourself to take in this history of F1 racing

for £7 its a bargain to see these priceless cars

err MR Wheatcroft, do i get my comission now?

LS's Tip of the week
double post arrrggghhhh!!!!!

LS's Tip of the week
Re: Historic f1 at donington park this bank holiday monday
Date: April 30, 2002 11:45AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Wow looks brilliant. Im im near there ill definately give it a go :D

well you dont tell the whole story, the Formula boss isnt really that exciting (ive seen it many times before) they use judd engines and avon tyres + other standard componants :( and the ferrari only does a demonstration run as far as i know

anyway yeah the collections great, ive been many times, some rare cars indead in there, that massive packard thing as soon as u go in is terific!
well i went to pick up my tickets this afternoon and stood in the ticket office, when i heard the familiar roar of a F1 car being driven in anger.

As soon as i got the tickets in my sweaty mitt io jumped in the car and raced down to the dunlop bridge and watched as the F1 cars came out to practice,

i saw a benneton, a jordan and a indy car, i thought they were loud until the ferrari came out onto the track, WOW is all i can say!!!!

the other 3 cars mentioned may have the JUDD engines in them ( but boy did they make me smile when they roared past) but the ferrari was a class above, Fantastic is the only way i can describe it

i hastily rang my friends that are heavily in to F1 and made them green with envy at being track side, and let them listen to the ferrari downshift going into the melbourne loop.

andrew, you might not be that impressed with the euroboss series, but from what i saw today, i cannot wait to see some F1 history racing round my local circuit on bank holiday monday :-)

LS's Tip of the week
Re: Historic f1 at donington park this bank holiday monday
Date: May 03, 2002 12:36AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ah ha i mis - read (dunno how) i thought it was at brands hatch. Donnington is too far away - way up north

andrew, you might not be that impressed with the euroboss series, but from what i saw today, i cannot wait to see some F1 history racing round my local circuit on bank holiday monday :-)

well it sounds good and all, ive seen it before several times, just dont like i spose, but i must say, just nip down to donnigton to see the collection once (As i do sometimes) heard some testing going went and was watching the tyrrell 6 - wheeler from the donnigton pit wall :-0 now that was fantastic! hehe, well enjoy it, if u think thats impressive u should hear proper F1 cars :D hehe, i may see u there on monday as it doesnt look like i can get to the FIA GT/ETCC at silverstone on sunday :-( not sure yet though
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy