spanish qualifying

Posted by LS. 
Re: spanish qualifying
Date: May 02, 2002 01:53PM
Posted by: _Alex_
look at the situation and facts for once!!

Done. Now your turn - listen to the experts, watch Schumacher in the car. The reason Schumi is number one is because he's so bloody good and he's deserved that status, and the team realise that if Barrichello has a decent race, but Schumi is right behind, then it's more than likely that in the next race, and the rest of the season for that matter, Barrichello will have a slump in performance, whereas Michael won't. MS is more consistant, and faster.

if he had done the unsportmanly thing of making mclaren a one man team and made DC defer every race and give up his positions to allow mika to gain extra points, mika would have sewn the title up way before the end of the season.

Look, you're clearly just saying things you haven't actually thought about. Why don't you look at the facts?

Classifications: Schumacher/Hakkinen/Coulthard

1/-/-
1/-/-
1/2/3

3/2/1*
5/1/2

1/2/3

-/6/1

1/4/7

-/2/1*
-/1/2
-/2/3
2/1/3
2/1/4

1/2/-
1/-/5
1/2/3
1/4/2

*By my reckoning there are two races in which Coulthard finished higher than Hakkinen, and in which Schumacher did not win. I'm not including Monaco because a) Schumi would have won, and b) Hakkinen had problems anyway. At maximum, that is 8 extra points for Hakkinen had he finished above Coulthard due to team orders. Schumi won the championship by 19 points. Do you see my point? McLaren didn't even have a chance to use team orders really, save in those two circumstances.

For the rest of the time, had you actually looked at the facts instead of telling everyone else to, you'd have noticed that Hakkinen finished second to a dominant Schumacher. The final four races saw some of the greatest Schumacher victories.

i suggest you check the stats of 2000

Don't sound quite so superior now do you?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 02, 2002 02:56PM
Posted by: chris
Ok Alex have a medal.

You are the king of figures woo hoo I'm happy for you.

But just think of the situation this way, you're a schumi fan, but do you REALLY want to see him uterly dominate the field until he retires in 3 years?
Since your the champion of figures you can put schumi 7 WDCs in your book...and however many wins.
So he's broken all records he's great. F1 is interesting for you;

eg before the australian gp 2003 "So how many seconds will MS win by today, then?"
Where's the excitement? where's the racing? By this point there are 4 people watching formula 1, cos its boring. Even the tifosi are a bit bored.

The rest of us are watching rally or football...or in a pub somewhere. Whatever. Its not important because MS will still have the best car, best parts, the best team, and an unlucky teammate who's not allowed to race him.

An example of this in real life is scottish football. Rangers and celtic have dominated for so long that the result is a 50 / 50, no other team has a chance. The league is uninteresting, few follow it (compared to english league).

This is a bit of a rant, but I'm sick of the pro schumists saying he won't ruin f1.

Chris J
Date: May 02, 2002 03:00PM
btw any scottish forum members: if I'm wrong in that example then say, but that's what I've read.

Chris J
Date: May 02, 2002 09:20PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I have one last thing to say about this.

Whine whine whine, MS is making the sport boring, Then stop f*cking watching it.

MS is padi to win races, he has won 4 out of 5 this yr. He can win all the next 12 or he could lose all next 12, thats' life, learn to deal with it.

Stop being such a cry baby cause your driver either sucks or is stuck in a slow car.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: May 03, 2002 12:32AM
My point is EXACTLY what you said "Then stop f*cking watching it." This is what will happen, and you and Alex and some weird bearded guy you found near your house will be watching f1 no one else.

All I'm saying he will ruin the sport, as any sustained dominance can.

Chris J
Date: May 03, 2002 03:51AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"An example of this in real life is scottish football. Rangers and celtic have dominated for so long that the result is a 50 / 50, no other team has a chance. The league is uninteresting, few follow it (compared to english league)."

Yup, im Scottish and thats EXACLTY right. I dont think a team outside rangers or celtic has won the Scottish permier league in the ladt 20-odd years?

If F1 turns into this then screw it, im watching Indy car.

F1 is getting really boring cos of the inconsistant rules and the constant bending of them, im sick of it.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 03, 2002 11:01AM
Posted by: _Alex_
But just think of the situation this way, you're a schumi fan, but do you REALLY want to see him uterly dominate the field until he retires in 3 years?

This is is a totally different matter altogether - however, I do agree with you. I don't want to see him so utterly dominant that the sport is boring - but the fact is, and my point is, that Schumacher is the greatest driver at the moment. This discussion was actually in reference to the 2000 season, which was thrilling without a doubt - and Schumacher was dominant only because of his own superb driving. This superb driving was carried over into 2001 and because he had an even better car, the results were even more impressive.

But again, I don't want to see him so dominant that it's boring. I don't think this will happen, however. Of course, there's always the chance that if he does win the championship this year then he will retire, and perhaps Button would take his place which would be brilliant. However, I wouldn't be sorry to see him carry on for a few years.

This is a bit of a rant, but I'm sick of the pro schumists saying he won't ruin f1

I don't recall saying anything of the sort. However, that doesn't mean I disagree. So is it your opinion that the 1998 season was completely boring, and that Hakinen ruined the sport that year? No? Because Schumacher was good enough to lug the Ferrari round and challenge him.

Gee, this discussion is getting long-winded, and I'm getting some serious Deja-vu. Anyone else feel the same?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy