Villeneuve's future?

Posted by chris 
Re: Villeneuve's future?
Date: April 25, 2002 02:55AM
Posted by: Ellis
yo Sup

";(*cough* DC *cough* 'this is his year? Wasnt last year?' Oh sorry he IS talented isnt he?"

emmm.......do you want drivers to come into F1 and think they have no chance? Oh yeah, arent you bit fed up of Micheal schumacher? I am. Im fed up of hearing how amazing he is. If drivers come in and say they have no chance then F1 is gona sink further than it already is.

Drivers need to be positive, at least hes motivated into thinking he can win. Doesnt that give him credit over JV who isnt at all?

And i think you have to have talent to get into F1. If people like Yoong and Bernoldi are running round the back like FFord drivers and you still moan at DC? Come on!!!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 25, 2002 08:26AM
Posted by: chris
I am sick of MS dominance, but he is the best at present...I don't like him, but I respect him (not his tactics though).

Why would they come in thinking they had no chance? where did you get that idea from? Every driver wants to win. Motivation is a big part of that, but you have to have the whole package...which JV does not.

ok fair enough neither does dc at the moment, but what about 98, 99? No team orders you know.

DC is at a top team...they will win at least one race by the end of this year. Its not the top team, but its a good car. JV is wasting away at BAR, as I said above, could YOU find motivation as an ex wdc in midfield position?

Yoong is rich, end of story. Benoldi held dc off in monaco didnt he? and btw he's sponsored be red bull...that's why he's in f1.

I said better than some drivers in the TOP TEAMS. you can call minardi and arrows top teams if you like, but it just isnt true. Sure dc is better than many drivers, but jv is better in my opinion.

Chris J
Date: April 26, 2002 03:31AM
yo Sup

"Benoldi held dc off in monaco didnt he"

em, thats cos you put your car in the middle f the track and nobody will get passed without running into you.

Senna held of Mansell in what everyone said was ana amzing battle. Personally i found that boring to watch. Monaco sucks and if it had been almost any other track DC would have been passed in a couple of lpas, if not less.

Minardi held up Mika Hakkinen at Indy in 2000. Did everyone whine at him? Its easier to pass at Indy than at Monaco

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 26, 2002 09:47AM
So your saying overtaking is impossible at monaco?

If a track has to be 10 widths wide for dc's overtaking to be possible, then he has some issues. The arrows is slow, McLaren fast, even with limited space overtaking should be possible (MS on Wurz...and the benetton was faster than arrows).

Frankly, DC needs to start taking a few risks, EB knew he could continue to stay ahead because DC would'nt risk trying anything.

How can close racing be boring? ok its your opinion and your entitled to it, but I think that any close racing is positive, whether mansell vs senna or DC vs EB.

How many overtaking moves did Mika make that year? Not many is my bet. The only move I can remember him making was past MS using Zonta.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy, I just don't see him as a WDC, however much I want a british champion. Similarly, I don't hate Yoong or Benoldi. Without their money, lower teams just could not operate effectively.

Chris J
Date: April 28, 2002 03:48AM
Yo Sup

"If a track has to be 10 widths wide for dc's overtaking to be possible, then he has some issues. "

Well i think thats the case for 99.9% of the drivers ever in F1. Mansel couldnt do it to senna, does he have issues too?

I dont "hate" Yoong or Bernoldi, i just think they shouldnt be in F1 cos they are slo and certianly arent F1 material.

Date: April 28, 2002 04:46AM
In economic downturn / reccession teams need any money they can get...fewer sponsors, tabacco out in a couple of years. To be honest, how much difference does a couple of bad drivers at slower teams make in the race weekend. OK, Yoong will always qualify last, but he brings KL sponsorship, benoldi similarly with red bull.

Without sponsors, there can be no f1 so we have to live with a couple of worse drivers.

I was not implying that DC is the only one that couldnt overtake, he might be able to, if he takes a few risks, as said above. Mika can't overtake, it seems a lost skill in f1. Mansell was an exceptional driver, but SO WAS SENNA...perhaps the best. I think its unfair to put senna and Benoldi in the same group. EB is slower than senna was, in a worse car. Could you overtake him? I could'nt.

Chris J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy