M. Schumacher wins...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: M. Schumacher wins...
Date: April 16, 2002 05:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"I'm sure some of us fall in that category"

yeah, but i know a few people who make alot of money and nobody i know makes $35million a year

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 16, 2002 11:16AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
35 million a year (and that's only half of it): of course that's a ridiculous amount! I don't care how many lives he puts on the line.

I think that Ferrari are quite dumb paying MS that kind of an amount. After some quick calculating, we see that he gets 7 (seven) times the amount Rubens gets. That's throwing away about 30 million a year, cause he can go 0.064 seconds quicker. And let's not forget that Rubens would have easily won in Imola without MS around. As he could have done in Brazil and Malaysia if he wasn't forced to retire. And who knows what might have happened in Australia...

Just saying that Ferrari think they depend on MS, whilst they don't need him at all. Perhaps the biggest advantage they get from him is that he 's got so much experience to develop the car.

I'd say: kick his overpaid ass out of there. And although Ferrari could make their car even faster with the money they save (which could mean a total domination of F1), the sport will become healthier without MS.
Date: April 16, 2002 11:28AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Dont' forget that MS won 2 championships with Benneton while ruebens won nothing. His first race win was at Germany in 2000? MS finishes in the podium 9 out of 10 times?

He gets paid his big bucks cause he brings the results to Ferrari. If you don't own Ferrari, you have no say in how much $$ he gets. Ferrari thinks he deserves that much and that's why they pay him.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: April 16, 2002 12:33PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I think that Ferrari are quite dumb paying MS that kind of an amount. After some quick calculating, we see that he gets 7 (seven) times the amount Rubens gets. That's throwing away about 30 million a year, cause he can go 0.064 seconds quicker

Oh come on, let's be credible he! You think they're throwing away their money on Schumacher? This is the guy, like CDN_Merlin said, who has just won 2 world championships for them, while Barrichello has won 1 race in the same time period. Sure, Barrichello has been unlucky as hell, and is probably Schumi's quickest team-mate ever, but he doesn't pile in the good results like Michael does. Do you think the Chicago Bulls (or whoever) pays Michael Jordan similar amounts just because he's a bit better than the other players? Sure, it's not because he's the best in the world, is it?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 16, 2002 01:36PM
Posted by: Vader
What the money concerns: They get paid according to the interest the public (media, fans, etc.) take in them. The more popular you are, the more money you will get from your sponsors, cause they can get money out of you. If anyone complains about high wages in F1 (or football, music business, movie making) simply don't watch it. If all ppl who complain about it would stop supporting it, TV rates would decrease dramatically and drivers wouldn't get so much money anymore. It is so simple. By promoting M$ (or others) into a god-like position, you also increase his income. And it is a fact, M$ is more attractive for sponsors than Tuero, Mazzacane and Yoong together.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 16, 2002 02:43PM
Posted by: Mark
without ms f1 over the last 5 years would have been awful,remember how many races he has won in cars that didn't deserve to,only last year for the first time he had the best car,and he made good use of it,michael is always challenging for the championship,some drivers only appear when they have the benchmark car,where was mika before 98 and 99,ms can win in inferior cars others can't,it's no good saying rubens might have done this or might of done that,hes usually miles behind,and if your point is valid bruno then rubens would of finished 2nd to ms on each occasion last year,which he clearly didn't,or when when ms retired he would of won didn't again that didn't happen.
he's the most successful driver in f1 and he's still not finished to say the sport doesn't need him is pathetic,he's contributed so much to where ferrari are today,no -one disagrees the money is ridiculous but you can only complain if he doesn't deliver,without out him how tedious would 98 and 99 been.michael schumacher is the best in the world and that does come at a price,and if ferrari are prepared to pay then it should be left to rest,is it just sour grapes because montoya was nowhere or are you saying rubens is better than jpm,all that hype and no action,wonder if ms will lap him in hungary again,or it might just be dc for the 2nd race running,where is the opposition,the closest to him is his brother though when ms retires i bet they'll have a problem with ralf.
Date: April 19, 2002 03:47AM
Posted by: Ellis
yo Sup

"without ms f1 over the last 5 years would have been awful"

em, yeah right. It would be fair, and fair is boring isnt it (as shown by british football every week).

I did read the rest of marks post cos it seriously does hurt my eyes!!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy