JPM (again)

Posted by Ellis 
JPM (again)
Date: April 05, 2002 01:37PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I know this is in other threads but read this

------------------

Juan Pablo Montoya wants ex-F1 stars to judge controversial incidents.

Montoya is still seething about his clash with Michael Schumacher in Sunday

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: JPM (again)
Date: April 05, 2002 02:51PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I think he's right too. They should have somebody like Alesi up there.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 05, 2002 03:54PM
Yo Sup

Alesi would be perfect, but hes in DTM, he wouldnt be at the races so he couldnt make on the stop decisions

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 05, 2002 04:01PM
Posted by: Vader
I think Alex mentioned Alsei because he is on MS side and called JPM a living thread to everybody's life. I'd rather have Niki Lauda, he seems to be more objective.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 05, 2002 04:41PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
i think they should have fisichella since he never finishes a race (except malaysia) oh and trulli :)

Date: April 05, 2002 05:06PM
Yo Sup

Alesi is a bit...................biast? He loved driving for Ferrari and would always be biast towards them, especailly since he hates JPM

It doesnt have to be an ex-f1 driver. F3, F3000 drivers would be good and unbiast?

Date: April 06, 2002 01:34AM
F3, F3000 drivers would be good and unbiast

They would also have no experience in F1 whatsoever, defeating the object of the excercise. When I mentioned Alesi, I hadn't got the fact that he loves Ferrari in mind actually - I said it because Tony Jardine suggested it and I thought it seemedlike a decent idea. After all, there are not that many options available.

Alesi - racing DTM
Herbert - racing Sports Cars
Prost - just doesn't seem appropriate
Niki Lauda - see Prost

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 06, 2002 02:20AM
Posted by: chris
What about Damon Hill?

I know schumi supporters will say he is biased but I don't think he is anymore. In a recent interview he said he doesnt dislike MS as a driver at all.

He'd be objective, AND he looks like a wise old man with his long grey hair!

Chris J
Date: April 06, 2002 04:07AM
Yo Sup

Hill and Stewart see like good choices. I think JYS might be giving out too many penalties tho cos he is very saftey consious

Remember, it dont have to be a big driver at all.

"They would also have no experience in F1 whatsoever, defeating the object of the excercise"

Actaully, the point the in the exersie is to have an unbiast person giving the penalities.

F3 and F3000 aint far off of F1, most F1 drivers come from there

Whats Gene up to these days?

Date: April 06, 2002 04:15AM
I think he is the McLaren test driver at the moment.

Chris J
Date: April 06, 2002 04:30AM
Gene is Williams test driver.

And Hill wouldn't be suitable at all - for exactly the reasons you said above - he would be biased. No doubt. I was considering mentioning Jackie Stewart, but again would he really want to take up that place? He's stepped down from Stewart/Jaguar, and is enjoying his life in Scotland or something like that.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 06, 2002 04:42AM
I don't think he would be biased, why do you think he would?

He's had time away from f1, and doesnt care what other drivers think of him any more. If you got a present driver to do it eg Alex Wurz, he would have the problem of being there when MS and ferrari started to take over.

Because DH was at a top team and a bottom team, he has a balanced view. I think he respects MS as a driver, but doesnt hate him.

Chris J
Date: April 06, 2002 04:59AM
Yo Sup

Wait, you suggest Alesi and think hes ok (despite him hating JPM and loving Ferrari) but Damno Hill (who has said he does respect Schumi etc) is not ok?

He has said on Clarkson he has nothing against schumacher, he doesnt hate him, whilst alesi has said JPM is a danger to people!

Gene is obviously no-go, Williams would pay him off!!!

Wurz is the McLaren tester i belive

I heard something bout Zanardi starting CART this year, if its not ture then he might go for it.

What bout Brundle??? He gives unbiast commentary, why couldnt he give unbiast decisions? Hes DC manager but still critsizes him when he feels appropriate

It dont have to be drivers, just someone who is very experienced in Motor Sport, provided they are unbiast (sorry James, your not getting a look in here).

Pedro Diniz? Or is involved with Prost still?
Takagi?
Verstappen?
Mansell? (but would he really want to?)
Magnusson?

Im sure they are all up to something tho

Date: April 06, 2002 05:13AM
Jan Magnusson was driving for Stewart for only half a season...not enough f1 experience in my view.
Takagi- isnt he still in CART (or am I thinking of someone else?)
Mansell- too long gone its all changed too much.
Verstappen- he would be good, knows the drivers, their styles, and only just out.
Even if he's just a stop gap measure for this season, its a good choice.

Chris J
Date: April 06, 2002 06:48AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
yah Verstappen would be a good man for the job.

Date: April 06, 2002 07:20AM
Yo Sup

"Verstappen- he would be good, knows the drivers, their styles, and only just out."

but it doesnt matter bout there style, this is ment to be 100% fiar, unlike now, when MS does something wrong the FIA dont bother and when someone does something to MS the FIA are right up there arse with stupid penalties

Date: April 06, 2002 08:11AM
What I meant was he is aware that MS does swerve etc, so will pay more attention to this than they presently do, be more prepared for it.

Maybe were lookiong at this wrong. Maybe we need a book of what punishment should be given in certain situations, ie deliberately hitting another car=disqualification from next two races or something.

Then we would get consistancy.

Chris J
Date: April 06, 2002 08:45AM
Yo Sup

It needs to be strick, but not stupid ass things like Malaysia!!

Date: April 06, 2002 01:47PM
Posted by: genesis
I'm sorry I haven't read the above threads but I just wanted to say M Schumacher is an arse and a danger to Formula 1, the stupid hipocrite.
Date: April 06, 2002 01:57PM
Yo Sup

Cai, looks like we do agree on something

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy