that was disappointing

Posted by Ellis 
Re: that was disappointing
Date: March 31, 2002 12:10PM
Posted by: chris
I was at the race and just to make sure JPM did'nt win, I placed a small, localised charge just on the underside of JPM's front wing...

You may have seen the guy Martin talked to (the random one in blue shirt), well, that was me on the grid, I planted it then.

Chris J
Date: March 31, 2002 12:13PM
Posted by: chris
aw, crap. I'm a slow typer.
Date: March 31, 2002 12:14PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

LOL!! Do you work for Ferrari? ;)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 31, 2002 12:21PM
Posted by: Morbid
JPM was the man I would have placed my money on, and did set the fastest lap of the race. As many races have proved, bumping someone in the back at the end of straight #2 is very easy to do. Even in GP3 it is very easy to bump one in the back on the first lap. I have done it many times this week. But there is a difference...

These guys get huge amounts of $$$ not to do stuff like that, and I think JPM should have kept his cool. No one wins the race on the first lap, and he can only kick himself for the loss of that front wing.

The man who really kicked butt was Barichello. He was fast as lightning, but as usual he drew the shortest straw. That F1-2001 had almost no retirements last year. What are the chances of having mechanical failure in the lead twice in a row, and be shunted to bits also in the lead? Rubens has retired in the lead 3 times in a row with the most reliable car of the entire 2001 season! Lady luck really hates this man. Even more than she hates DC...

As to M$ deserving his win... Well, keeping cool for 20 laps with someone in your mirrors is not easy at all. And to compound matters, that new car really sucks. Did you see how unstable it was? When they showed the t-cam feed, you could clearly see that M$ had to correct it all the time, often several times in the same corner. If it hadn't been for the Tyre Farce (which no one can deny IS a crystalclear breach of the rules) and Rubens getting slammed once again by Lady Luck, then I would have to admit, much as I do not want to, that M$ took a clean and well deserved victory today.

Damn it! I had expected better of JPM, than that stupid wing shedding...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 31, 2002 12:27PM
Yo Sup

"Well, keeping cool for 20 laps with someone in your mirrors is not easy at all"

no, its not but it was made easier by the fast that Ralf rarely got a good run out of the last corner cos of the bad air off of the Ferrari

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 31, 2002 12:29PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I agree with you totally Morbid, although I can't say it was a complete surprise to see Montoya shedding bits of his car on Michael. Neither would it have surprised me if it was the other way round.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 31, 2002 12:33PM
Yo Sup

It wouldnt surpirse me either Alex

Date: March 31, 2002 12:34PM
Posted by: Vader
The man who really kicked butt was Barichello. He was fast as lightning, but as usual he drew the shortest straw.

To the first part:

This is no wonder if you have less fuel onboard. I guess he was on a two-stop strategy.

To the second part:

This is no wonder if you grow up in a family that lets you wear your big sister's old clothes instead of giving you the new and durable

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 31, 2002 12:36PM
Posted by: Morbid
Yes it was a surprise. Did you see the awesome skill and selfrestraint that both JPM and M$ showed at corner 2 and 3? Very tight, repectful and extremely professional racing by both of them.

I just cannot fathom how JPM can show such seasoned skill in corner 2 and 3 (and in corner 1 after the wheel lock), and then pull a rookie mistake like that out of the hat seconds after...

And the Williams front wing, what is it... placed on the frame with Spearmint gum? Perhaps they should try Hubba Bubba at Imola? It shedded long after the impact. And they barely touch at all...

Questions, questions...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 31, 2002 12:39PM
Posted by: Vader
Did you see JPM almost got strangled by a couple of Union Jacks on his way to the pits.

I just heard Montoya saying: "I don't know what happened, but M$ just snapped up my front wing". There you have it. He is innocent.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 31, 2002 12:40PM
Yo Sup

I think it was lossened then underbreaking the force ripped it off

Date: March 31, 2002 12:45PM
Posted by: LS.
lol

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy