Nice race, apart from the FIA

Posted by Ellis 
Re: Nice race, apart from the FIA
Date: March 20, 2002 02:33PM
Posted by: Vader
A picture is worth a thousand words

Then tell me who's nose is in front. Looks like its JPM's corner, if you ask me. As for the room, the perspective is not that good.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 20, 2002 02:42PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Well this is before they touch, and since they havennt touched yet, there mus be enough room, and a little more kerb for 2 cars. Then MS runs wide, cars touch and off JPM goes to the side of the track

Button is clearly going on others opinions. But he can see quite clearly from there. We cant see on on-board views cos the qualitly isnt as good as the human eye and the wide angle camera makes it look further than it actaully is.

JPM is in front shouldt MS back out? Thats what we have all said before isnt it?

CART is seeming better and better everyday isnt it.........

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 20, 2002 08:10PM
Posted by: Morbid
Nice work Alex.

It is pretty sure that Button saw... Well, lets just say its like the mole commenting on interior decorating of penthouse appartments! Maybe Patrick and Frank really did dangle a carrot in front of him?

As to the picture, try downloading the video it was captured from:

[f1files.f1news.ru]

It does tell a somewhat different story than the picture. You can clearly see that Michael is right in the middle of the track, when his move is over. If he didn't get enough room from JPM, he sure did take the liberty of muscling his way to a lot room more by himself!

Besides, Michael is ON the track and has most of the curb left. He wasn't squeezed off the track, since he could (if he did not have so much understeer) have taken a clean path through the corner, hugging the curb. Actually, the video shows Ralf in p4 doing just that: taking a line hugging the curb the whole way thru.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 21, 2002 01:36AM
Posted by: LS.
michael said that there was no way he was going to back off

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 21, 2002 08:55AM
Posted by: chris
Just saw that video...to me there did seem to be enough room, MS made sure of it by pushing JPM into a wider position before the corner.
Chris J
Date: March 21, 2002 09:02AM
Mega-LOL

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 22, 2002 11:52PM
Posted by: Skywal_ker
Hey all,
Ok, my turn to jump in now!
Quite by accident, I found almost certain proof that Montoya did indeed leave enough room for MS.
Here are two pics at about the same time, from Villeneuve and MS' cars. (Villeneuve is overtaking MS on lap 16 at Portugal, 1996).

In the first pic in Villeneuve's car, there seems to be hardly any room, however, from MS' car, you can see there is actually heaps of room.
Or at least that is what I think.

Skywal_ker

All that glitters is not gold, but at least it contains free electrons!!!
Date: March 22, 2002 11:54PM
Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!
Dang! That didn't work!!!

Date: March 23, 2002 12:02AM
Whoops!!! They don't even prove anything anyway.
Ignore previous post...
Gee I have made a grand entrance, haven't I???

Luke

Date: March 23, 2002 02:47AM
Yo Sup

lol, wrong topic dude!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 25, 2002 07:34AM
What do you expect from a Sky_walker except of messing up threads, spreading false information and basically adding to the generl confusion. Sky_walker, welcome to the family ...

:the GP3 community: if he is a Skaywalker, he must already be part of your family
Vader: Would you please mind not interrupting me? I haven't finished the sentence yet.
the Gp3 community: oh, sorry
Vader: Never mind. Where was I? Oh, yes, welcome to the family Sky_walker, although judging from your name you must be relative anyway. Someone from the Totaooine branch I guess?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 25, 2002 07:55PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
first corner at malaysia racign accident..

u who say its schummi's fault, r u new to formula 1 racing? i say watch a few races, see how corners are taken, schummi had no mroe room on the rigth of him.. he was rigth on top of the curb!!

or maybe u need your eyes checked?

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: March 26, 2002 05:17AM
Posted by: Morbid
So SkAiFeY, if I say that the normal way around corner 1 in Sepang is hugging the curb as much as possible, and I also watch the race twice to make sure that is what the cars normally do, when they are not dicing for position, and I present both a picture that shows that M$ did have at least 30cm of room on the right, and I present a videoclip that shows, that his trajectory took him right to the center of the track, thus he was suffering from excessive understeer, and if he had not he would have been able to continue hugging the curb all the way through, thus avioding the accident, and thereby conclude that the race incident was caused his miscalculation, then.... I NEED TO HAVE MY EYES CHECKED?!?

And to add spite to insult, you also claim that the preposterous conclusion that I present is due to the fact that I don't know squat about F1, thus I should watch a few F1 races, so that I can see how corners are taken...?

I am sorry to shatter you illusions dude, but I have been following the F1 circus (on and off) since the mid 80'ies, and I have only missed 1 race out of the last 19...

Maybe you should consider looking at the material that supports my argument, which is posted here so you can freely do just that, and if you still cannot follow my (sorry to all those who participated, for hogging all the glory in my continual usage of the "MY argument";) argument to its conclusion, please state where you think that my thoughts trailed off into the haze and misty dreams of the F1 newbie...

I am sorry to come so hard across you SkAiFeY, but it is just slightly annoying to spend hours painstakingly trying to get a decent and sober discussion going, and also to try and reach some sort of mutual agreement with all the parties invovled, based on the material we can actually present, assess and discuss the ramifications of... to be shoved aside by a pro who doesn't even need to comment on the logic of the conclusions, the material presented or even the possible options that have not been considered... and who's whole string of argumentation is professionally anchored in ´the rock-solid foundation of stating the following: "You don't agree with me?!? N00B!!".

Shouting N00B is not much better than shouting BOOH...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 26, 2002 12:10PM
Yo Sup

SkAiFeY, your arguments are terrible. Go to the thread bout the new Ferrari steering wheel and you contradict yourself......thers nothing worse than that!!

Date: March 26, 2002 07:22PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
lol

u r only looking at what schumacher did.. look at montoyas line.. he had about 4 car widths to the left of him. schummi had no room (or at the very most a ruler length as u say)

y is it schummi's fault.. i dont' think its anyones really.. more montoyas than schummi's.. but definitely not schummis fault

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: March 27, 2002 03:37AM
Yes, Vader I am from a distant branch, Tattooine, to be precise. I believe we had words once, aboard the 2nd Death Star. Although, I suppose I should have said we will have words, considering you go by the name of Vader.
To SkAiFeY,
You question, if Morbid, or was it all of us that believe as we do, is/are new to F1 racing, yet you say that 30cm is leaving no room. Most F1 fans that I know want closer racing, within a couple of inches. Do you want a rule out there saying, "No racer is to come closer than 1 meter to another racer!"
I am sorry if I seem to be taking it out on you, because it's not really you that I am annoyed at. It is the FIA that I am mad at. F1 drivers are supposed to be the best drivers in the world, yet they are meant to make allowances for the mistakes of others????? Montoya only had to leave room enough for Schumachers car. If he does that, surely he can't be penalised for Schumacher's mistake of carrying too much speed into the corner.

Date: March 27, 2002 05:17AM
I can't help, but looking at your (current) sig-pic, I already begin to like you, young skywalker.

To skayfair:

Montoya was a little bit in front of MS, that makes it HIS corner. MS would have had to back off, if he'd only cared about the rules and agreements he officially supports himself. But why on earth should Montoya - even if he had four car length to the left of him (or let it be a hundred for God's sake): the general agreement is: how comes first is first. And JPM was first, so why should he move aside?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 27, 2002 08:11AM
Posted by: JW
The main point is being overlooked by most of these arguments.
When travelling at that speed and proximity, racing accidents are bound to happen. Trying to apportion blame here is a complete waste of time.
The major fact is that a penalty should never be given, especially during the race, if they cannot be almost 100% certain.
Clearly this was about as 50:50 as it is possbile to get, so the bias is obvious.
I know several people who have given up watching F1 because they say it is rigged for MS and/or Ferrari. Probably because Ferrari have threatened to leave F1 in the past, plus economics. Many more will give up too if this continues.
What was also very evident right through the race was the lack of replays of this the most crucial incident. This was clearly information management on the part of F1 management, who run the TV operation.
Date: March 27, 2002 09:45AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Montoya was a little bit in front of MS, that makes it HIS corner

Well in that case Adelaide '94 was Michael Schumacher's corner. Can't use that one against him anymore.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 27, 2002 09:59AM
If it was his corner he may have it. I just don't know what the Adelaide officials will say if M$ comes to take it away.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy