Nice race, apart from the FIA

Posted by Ellis 
Nice race, apart from the FIA
Date: March 17, 2002 04:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Where do i start?

For those of us who didnt get to see morning warm-up MS broke a rule that drivers in the past have been in trouble for

Remember Ralf running over the white line in Nurburgring? Well MS did it in morning warm-up and didnt get in trouble cos the FIA said "it was in warm-up so its not important". So is it not important when Hakkinen brakes a rule in warm-up in USA?

Come on!!! They should all have to play by the rules

THEN

On the way round to the grid, before the frmation lap MS did a practice start. He denys it but the speedo on F1Digital+ showed it was as good as a race start. This is also againt the rules

So, so far MS had broken two rules and not a penatly.

The onboard view from MS at turn 1 shows that there was enough room for both cars through there and when braking distances were compared it was clear that MS braked bout 20-30 meters too late for turn1. He understeered in JPM. If JPM hadnt been there he would have understeered right to the outsdie

So effectivly he used JPM for braking

JPM shoudlnt have been giving the penatly

Anyone with F1Digital+ would say the same as we all had the advantage of rev counters, brake indicators, speeds etc.

MS, you get away with far too much in the sport!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Nice race, apart from the FIA
Date: March 17, 2002 04:24AM
Yo Sup

oh, also JPM was slightly ahead into the turn, so he had the racing line effectivly

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 17, 2002 04:33AM
Posted by: chris
All true, but that's the way it seems it will always be whilst MS is around!
Chris J
Date: March 17, 2002 05:04AM
Posted by: LS.
it woulds seem that the FIA want MS to win the title again, what a load of bollocks, how often have we seen this????

Montoya got a flyer and was in front going to the corner so why did he get a penalty???

i expect all the MS fans will come on now and start wining and defend him,

this is what pisses me off about F1 , the inconsistency

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 17, 2002 05:16AM
Yo Sup

Its getting @#$%& stupid now! I have watched all those inccidents over and over from lots of camea angles and clearly MS braked too late. He did have bloody room! Why would he need more room? Is he that pich that he needs have the @#$%& track?

This is a complate joke, and Williams said they are going to have a talk with the FIA over the penatly

and so they bloody should!!

Drivers (namingly MS!!!!!have gotten away with worse things that that turn1 crash! And why should JPM get in trouble? For turning in? Bullshit

As soon as he leaves F1, the better off the sport is!

Date: March 17, 2002 05:22AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
All these great comments, i think, reading your posts ellis, you have covinced me to get f1 digital + :D

Date: March 17, 2002 05:24AM
Yo Sup

Yup, you can see exaclty when and where people (or ms) brake the rules

Date: March 17, 2002 05:34AM
Posted by: Beardless2
MS fault. no question. Yes, JPM could have give him more room, but MS wasn't going to make the corner anyway. Also, MS shouldn't swerve like he did at start.

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: March 17, 2002 05:36AM
Posted by: LS.
go to [www.f1onboard.com] and look inthe arcive section, under malaysia 2002

they have the f1 digital onboard shot down the to the first corner with montoya

it goes like this

ms cuts straight across JPM ( MS is going to do some serious damage with dangerous tatic by the way)

montoya out drags him to the corner, and his car is in front going into the corner,

you can see he leaves ms some room by the line he takes into the bend

ms outbrakes himself and slides into the side of jpm, taking the ferrari front wing off

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 17, 2002 05:39AM
Yo Sup

Thats pretty much what i thought watching digital

Date: March 17, 2002 05:51AM
Yo Sup

Plenty of room here

and JPM is ahead

Someone want to tell me why JPM got the penalty now? Looks like MS fault here

Date: March 17, 2002 05:52AM
Posted by: Morbid
Yup. Plenty of room left.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 17, 2002 05:53AM
Posted by: jim
ms said in the press conference that incidents such as the one JPM got a penalty for have gone unpunished in the past........

one driver turning in on another intending to put him out of the race.........

adelaide 1994..........

jerez 1997.........

just about every start ms has made recently.........

need i go on?
Date: March 17, 2002 05:54AM
Yo Sup

Round about now os when the MS fans jump in and defend him

But nobody will be able to do it this time.

Ms said JPM didnt deserve the penalty. So? Does that mean hes admitting a little bit of guilt there?

Nah prob not, he'll cheat to the end...

Date: March 17, 2002 05:55AM
Posted by: jim
oh by the way, it wasn't JPM's fault if that is how my message came across.......
Date: March 17, 2002 05:58AM
Yo Sup

more space here

Date: March 17, 2002 05:59AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Wow you guys need to calm down a bit.

i expect all the MS fans will come on now and start wining and defend him

Why on earth would I need to defend him? He's done nothing wrong. Neither has Montoya - I think that penalty was totally unnecessary. See you people are so flustered that you assume and expect me to jump into the argument defending Schumacher, despite the fact it was a racing accident. Schumacher himself condemned the FIA's decision saying they are way too inconsistant, and he thought JPM should not have got a penalty. So effectively LS - and you'll be shocked to hear it - you are agreeing with what Schumacher said.

So just stop yelling on at MS for something he hasn't actually done. It was a racing accident. Montoya said that himself, despite the fact that he was pissed off.

Ralf Schumacher and Jensen Button were the drivers of the day by far. If the first corner incident had not occured, the top three would still have been the same in my opinion. So how about you stop moaning.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 17, 2002 06:00AM
Yo Sup

This shows JPM ahead

Date: March 17, 2002 06:02AM
Yo Sup

More room

Date: March 17, 2002 06:03AM
Yo Sup

Again, theres some room on the inside where MS is

If you see a video you'll see that this is the point MS slides into JPM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy