industrial esponage?

Posted by LS. 
industrial esponage?
Date: March 16, 2002 11:59AM
Posted by: LS.
A Ferrari Formula One team member pushed his curiosity too far and got an earful from McLaren at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

McLaren boss Ron Dennis was asked on Saturday about a pitlane incident seen during Friday free practice in which the Ferrari man was shoved aside by a McLaren mechanic outside the latter team's garage.

"I didn't see it to be honest but I know the (Ferrari) guy concerned and his body language is pretty infuriating," Dennis told reporters.

"He wasn't the traditional tyre spotter, he's an assistant aerodynamicist just coming down and looking at what we're doing and generally being a nosey parker.

"It gets a bit annoying. Especially when you add in the heat and the jet lag. Let's just say that there were short words encouraging him to go back to where he belonged."

Teams in Formula One all spy on one another's activities, usually to see what tyre choices rivals have made or to find out more about aerodynamic parts.

Dennis said with a smile that McLaren would not have been quite so indiscreet in trying to discover a secret from a rival's car.

"We would take a very accurate, careful photograph of it, which is what everyone else does," he said.

LOL i think its quite funny, i wish someone had videoed it, it all adds to the fun i suppose :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: industrial esponage?
Date: March 16, 2002 02:55PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I seen that actaully

I was wondering why there was a Ferrair mechanic running bout the McLaren garage. At first i thought it was bridgestone (cos of the red) and then i realised McLaren swiched to Michelin.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: industrial esponage?
Date: March 17, 2002 05:47AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Adrian Newy was sitting staring at the Ferrari on the grid, so tit-for-tat

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy