don't talk rubbish michael

Posted by LS. 
don't talk rubbish michael
Date: March 14, 2002 06:50PM
Posted by: LS.
When asked about his dominant performance in Australia, Schumacher senior gave a lot of credit to his Ferrari

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: don't talk rubbish michael
Date: March 15, 2002 03:45AM
Posted by: Morbid
Do I detect a slight wiff of sarcasm?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 15, 2002 03:50AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

LOL

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 15, 2002 09:44AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
ROTFLMFAO,

"Do I detect a slight wiff of sarcasm?"

Slight wiff?!?!?!?!?! A whole nosefull of it ;)

Date: March 15, 2002 09:57AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Let's see what happens in Malaysia guys, so far it looks as though the Michelins are right up there - with Raikkonen and DC taking 1-2 in free practice 2.

What is irritating, LS, is that you do talk as though it was the damn tyres that drove Schumacher to his victory in Melbourne. Remember, it is the driver that wins, and the driver who gets the points, and if Schumi wasn't in that Ferrari at Melbourne then it probably would not have won. You forget that a driver has to drive a fast car fast in order to win. Tyre advantage or not, Schumacher drove perfectly without making a mistake, and finished first.

I have never denied that Schumi didn't have a tyre advantage - I just wish for once that you wouldn't slam down every excuse possible to try and take the glory away from him, just because you hate seeing him win.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 15, 2002 10:01AM
Posted by: tost
shumi is good but not 20 sec up of jpm, kr

Senna the Man... the King... the God!
Date: March 15, 2002 10:34AM
Oh for god's sake, do you think Hakkinen and Coulthard were a lap up, in terms of talent, on Frentzen at Melbourne in 1998? Do you think that Villeneuve is 20 seconds up on Schumacher because of the result at Spain in 1997? Don't be so bloody pernickerty!

What you guys are doing is measuring how good Schumacher is going by one particular occasion, which frankly, is pretty pathetic. Look at his stats over the past 10 years. Does that not impress you? Can't you drop the tyre talk and enjoy the season, and if Schumacher wins, not be so resentful towards him? And don't forget that if at any occasion Schumacher loses out because of poor tyre performance, you won't have a leg to stand on if any MS fan feels like arguing.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 15, 2002 10:35AM
What is irritating, LS, is that you do talk as though it was the damn tyres that drove Schumacher to his victory in Melbourne

no mate, the point was raised about the tyres because that was the main catalyst for his win, we all know that you have to still be a good driver to win a race and theres plenty of them in F1 given th right package, but he had a clear advantage which he admits too,

unfortunatly you choose to ignore this fact and claim its his pure skill that enables him to better than everyone else.

since 93 we've not really been able to determine what makes a great driver because he no longer has to just change tyres

the team can choose different fuel stadegys, different tyre manufacters have difference performances etc.

so why you choose to ignore these points and claim that MS is the best because of his skill is strange to say the least

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 15, 2002 12:11PM
And don't forget that if at any occasion Schumacher loses out because of poor tyre performance, you won't have a leg to stand on if any MS fan feels like arguing

the whole point of the tyre thing in melbourne is that the michelins were not performing as well as the bridgestones

so when the michelins are up to scratch , the same as the bridgestones then we'll see a proper contest,

so don't try and get your excuses in before the michelins are on equal terms.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 15, 2002 12:16PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ok god dammit, this is what i think (bearing in mind i am a member of the MS uk fanclub ;))

Schumi is at the moment the man to beat and arguabley the best F1 driver in the pack at the moment. The truth is, no-one will ever know who is the greatest F1 driver ever. True, F1 is mainly about talent and those few who get to the top of F1 are all highly talented and it is difficult to compare them and we must not forget that luck plays a bigger part in f1 than most ppl think.

Ppl can argue for ages who is the best driver in F1 and you can thin it down to the top 20 drivers of all time, but between them there is no way of deciding who is/was the best. At the moment Schumi is winning due to the fact that:

@ He is one of the best drivers in F1
@ He has the best team and best car both of which are built surround him

But remember, he has helped make the Ferrari team work for him and you cant deny that. Yes he has had some luck in races when he was younger and it is arguable that if he had not finished a few races when he was younger than he may have not been in the position he is at the moment.

I believe that at the moment he is the driver to beat and is one of the few drivers who can be considered as one of the greatest of all time - just look at his stats as Alex says.

The greatest = no-one

One of the greatest = About 20 odd drivers

I dunno if this makes sense at all, the music im listening to is too loud

Date: March 15, 2002 02:31PM
It does make sense, and I agree - while these discussions are enjoyable and look as if they're going somewhere, nobody is really going to budge and no-one is going to cinvince anyone else.

Another reason why Schumacher is currently the best, in my opinion, is the fact that he works a lot harder than any other driver - you're right, Chris, he has built Ferrari up to be what it is today - and also, after races, while other drivers are likely to catch an early flight home or wherever, Michael stays at the track and sits through debriefs and meetings all evening. He also spends a lot more time than anyone in the gym - to be honest, I believe he totally deserves every bit of success he acheives, and I enjoy watching him triumph.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 15, 2002 03:28PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I personally think Trulli is the fittest in F1 and works the hardest and it was either Murray or Martin who said it last year. Probably Martin.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy