in support of james allen

Posted by Mark 
in support of james allen
Date: March 04, 2002 11:14AM
Posted by: Mark
one race into ITV's grand prix coverage and james allen is getting slagged off,personally i don't think it is warranted and some of the name calling people on this site gave was juvenile .having listened to murray for many years and his brand of commentry with mistakes thrown in at times it was quite funny with martin there to correct him and it just made it part of the grand prix weekend.
james allen has his own style i don't mind it,it's live we might all say the odd daft thing rather that than a total boring commentary at least there is some ammusement in there.i think he was disliked because comments were he favoured ms, having wrote the excellent 'the quest for redemtion ' i'm sure he knows a lot more then the rest of us and that might come out in his commentary but i'm sure it is not deliberate,i'm sure if the authors to 'james allen'on this site didn't have a problem with ms then they wouldn't with james allen,im sure if dc or jpm had 54 wins and 4 world championships and had been at the front a lot more then they would be commented on more.
the answer is simple if you don't like it you don't have to listen to it,take your twelve pounds and run along to sky digital.
did you have a problem when he was a pit lane reporter or was it just when he moved on to commentary and said those awful words in some people ears MS a few too many times,and if you really don't like him you can now e-mail the studio and tell them what you think,and don't forget to leave in all those grown up words you used.
Re: in support of james allen
Date: March 04, 2002 02:05PM
Posted by: _Alex_
He does make some remarkably stupid comments, that make him sound very arrogant, but he has a lot of enthusiasm for the sport and he does know what he's talking about despite what people say, and filling Murray's shoes is actually impossible to be honest - I don't think he's that bad - he'll improve with time.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 04, 2002 02:47PM
Posted by: matthewp
exactly, think about it, if you had to comment on F1, during the parts where not a lot happens, how long could you keep talking until you run out of things to say, with so little experience he's bound to say some stupid things sometimes.
Date: March 05, 2002 05:19AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Even the Ferrari/MS fans have to admit he is very very biased towards them, which for a sport commentator is not acceptable. Murry liked Ferrari/MS but he didnt go absolutly bloody nuts when MS passed someone and when he lossed he sound disappointed.

Why did he talk bout American spys? WTF? Its F1 not the bloody CIA!

I check and he defiantly said "Sir Alex Yoong"

Well done Yoong, i didnt know they gave you a knighhood :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 05, 2002 05:24AM
Yo Sup

"did you have a problem when he was a pit lane reporter or was it just when he moved on to commentary and said those awful words in some people ears MS a few too many times"

em, no, i dont hate Alex and he clearly likes Schumacher, i spent the night watching the race with 3 schumacher fans and i dont hate them

I didnt hate Allen when he was a pit reported cos he gave usfull insites into pit stradegies and stuff, which i rather liked, then when he started to properly commentate he came up with the biggest load oh pish ever! I dont here other commentators talking bout this kind of stuff, and belive it or not, i posted before LS did and if i didnt post then LS would have!

So you think i hate him cos he likes MS? Right, nobody is that pathetic are they? And im 100% sure you have used those words before in your life, so dont critize me for using them

Emailing the studio wont do anything cos you really think they would show it on air or even bother replying? Em no, they wont bother. I for one will be paying £12 to watch digital, they may have two not great commentators bt im sure they dont say "sir alex yoong", talk bout haircuts, US spys and other crap.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 05, 2002 05:37AM
Yo Sup

Well actaully the stealth comment her can get away with only if he is talking bout Ralf

Date: March 05, 2002 10:19AM
Murray liked Ferrari/MS but he didn't go absolutely bloody nuts when MS passed someone...

Suzuka 2000

Monza 1998

USA 2000

Europe 2000 - listen carefully for Murray piping away in the background :)

And are you sure disappointed is the right word........

MORE LIKE MORTIFIED!!!

Well actaully the stealth comment her can get away with only if he is talking bout Ralf

LOL :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 05, 2002 11:06AM
Posted by: LS.
yeah but to be far alex, murray used to go on like that when anyone pulled a great manovre.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 05, 2002 11:12AM
Yo Sup

Murray did go nuts at Ferrari doing well but my point was he did when ANY did something that well

He also was rather pleased at Spa 2000, Hakkinen overtaking MS with Zonta in the middle, and then twice in France 2000 when DC done two great moves on both Ferraris

James is a biast prat, we seen it when DCs McLaren had a problem and the car went stright on under saftey car, he was very quick to blame driver error there wasnt he, even Murray wouldnt jump to that conclusion

Date: March 05, 2002 02:31PM
Posted by: chris
I think your being a little hard on the guy, he's only done about 4 races, at least he's stopped talking tyres and fuel strategies 24/7!! If you had to commentate and nothing much was happening, you know that you can't stay silent, so even if he did talk (BRIEFLY) about US spies (*shock* *horror*, an off topic remark isnt allowed!) does it actually matter? I know he'll be better in future races so give the guy a chance.
Chris J
Date: March 05, 2002 02:44PM
Yo Sup

When he talked bout strategy woth Martin sometimes it was really good, they would sometimes disagree on strategies and it would be fun seeing who would turn out to be right (if any). It also got many people thinking bout how important pit stop stratagies were! When he did that it was good cos it showed how many many ways there are to win an F1 race.

Ok, a couple of times off topic is acceptable but some of the stuff was just plain stupid

Stealth cars (only in Ralfs case), MS hair cut, Sir Alex Yoong ( i think its cos Alex Ferguson got one, or thats what im assuming), i mean come on.

He is the most biast commentator i have ever heard in my entire life! Nobody could tell when he was the pit dude, and i rather liked him then, it was good to here an experts opinion on the race, now he sounds like an amatuer

James has always always told us that taking the tyres out at a pit stop is standard proceudre, and we all know it is, we see it everytime, even if its to replace a broken nose cone, they always change the tyres, this is something which James, murray and Martin have always said and we know it

So why did james say, when he seen the Williams crew come out that JPM must have a punchture?

Hes got to improve or alot of fans will change over to Sky, or even german channels. I watched a few races on RTL cos they didnt show breaks. Now, im paying to watch sky.

Date: March 05, 2002 03:19PM
Posted by: chris
However bad that race was, it wasnt enough to cause many to watch on sky in the first place, I mean, £12 a race?!!!!! I certainly don't have that much money...£24 a month, that's half my allowance. I fell asleep at 3.15am on sunday, woke up at 5am (DOH!) so I missed the race, but I watched it on re run.
Anyway, Murray made mistakes, he probably once made the exact same puncture mistake once, and I bet you laughed at it, instead of using it against him.
Chris J
Date: March 05, 2002 03:37PM
if you had to commentate and nothing much was happening, you know that you can't stay silent

Absolutely. In an interview with Brundle, he had a go at Murray's critics, saying something along the lines of: if you just try, at home, to turn the volume down while watching a GP, and just for a minute, try commentating yourself, with enthusiasm, and just time how long it takes you to run out of things to say. It won't be long.

The same applies to James Allen really. He;s new to commentating, and hasn't quite managed to restrain himself from saying stupid things yet, but give him time, and he'll make for a decent commentator.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 06, 2002 02:48AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Spot on, Alex. I watched the race and indeed I was missing Murray, but that's life, he's not there anymore. And no one could replace him. And now what people have to do is give the new guy a bit of time to get himself going on the f1 commentary scene.

And so what if he goes a bit off topic sometimes? Like what was said, it'd be bloody hard to keep talking non stop about f1. Besides, what he said was related to what was happening anyways, it's not like he started talking about the theory of evolution or something.

Give him a break guys, and some of you in particular really should show a bit of maturity in critiscm.

Date: March 06, 2002 12:46PM
Posted by: genesis
Bloody hell I havent read any other of the threads but the first one, 'Allen sounded like he was having an orgasm when JPM passed MS' is just stupid when you think about who he replaced.
If Allen was having an orgasm then I'd like to know how Walker gets his super orgasm.

Cai

Mika Halpinen wrote:
>
> G'day all..
>
> Spot on, Alex. I watched the race and indeed I was
> missing Murray, but that's life, he's not there anymore. And
> no one could replace him. And now what people have to do is
> give the new guy a bit of time to get himself going on the f1
> commentary scene.
>
> And so what if he goes a bit off topic sometimes? Like
> what was said, it'd be bloody hard to keep talking non stop
> about f1. Besides, what he said was related to what was
> happening anyways, it's not like he started talking about the
> theory of evolution or something.
>
> Give him a break guys, and some of you in particular
> really should show a bit of maturity in critiscm.
>
>

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy