R.Barrichello and R.Schumacher

Posted by jordangp2001 
R.Barrichello and R.Schumacher
Date: March 03, 2002 02:24PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
ok firstly im not a rs fan but i thought it was mostly rbs fault at melbourne.

it was obvious that rs was going faster! rs tried to overtake but rb just swerved all over the place!

i know most of u have already blamed rs but i think it eas mostly rbs fault!

Re: R.Barrichello and R.Schumacher
Date: March 03, 2002 03:29PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Not a chance, it was Ralf's fault totally. Barrichello was in the lead, he should effectively dictate the pace of the field into turn one, and Ralf should have been prepared for him to brake at any moment - which he clearly wasn't. Barrichello was totally right in doing everything he did.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 03, 2002 03:31PM
Posted by: LS.
kinda dangerous though, braking early into the first corner at the start of the race, when the brakes would'nt have been at their maximum.

thank god no one was hurt

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 03, 2002 04:14PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
i thought the rules in f1 is that you can block once when a driver is overtaking you but clearly rb blocked rs twice!

Date: March 03, 2002 04:29PM
whaddya expect? its ferarri :-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 03, 2002 06:48PM
Posted by: dave
But Rubens had to get back on the racing line to take the turn. Surely Ralf must have known that he would swing back in front (given he had a car length to get into) and then brake for the corner?
Date: March 04, 2002 12:47AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
i fink they both had their aprt in this accident.. ralf schumacher had plenty of room on the left side of the track to brake for turn 1, and barichello was on the very right of the track, and swerved a little to the left infront of ralf.

i don't know y heidfeld thought by going across teh grass in the way he did woudl avoid the accident up ahead.. bit silly in my view

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: March 04, 2002 02:04AM
Posted by: bazza
Dave- But rubens had to get back on the racing line to take the turn

Is that some sort of new rule - you have to be on the racing line. If you watch the position of Barrichello's car in relation to the yellow pit exit line you can see how far back he moved - there was no way Ralf could react quickly enough to avoid him.

(That's the first time I've ever defended a Schumacher - and hopefully the last)

Bazza

Date: March 04, 2002 03:45AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

That only moving once rule was really ment for the start of the race, only later on, as shown by MS getting away with for race after race

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 04, 2002 05:23PM
Posted by: dave
No I don
Date: March 04, 2002 05:48PM
i think both have a responsibilty to accept the blame

rubens for swerving and braking early and ralf for being over enthusiastic and not anticipating a accident.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 06, 2002 06:33AM
Posted by: JW
Mark Blundell was certain from analysing the replay (and he had all race to do it) that RS was still accelerating and would never have made the first corner ('red mist' I suppose)

On the other hand.. MS kept well out of the way, you don't suppose RBS was under orders to hold everyone up to allow MS to sweep past do you? A Ferrari tactic if ever there was one.
Date: March 08, 2002 04:00AM
Posted by: make
The rules say that you can chance the line once and Rubens did it twice and brake immediatly after chancing line infront of Ralf and he didnt have a chance avoiding rubens. IT WAS ALL RUBENCES FAULT AND NO ARGUMENTS!!!
Date: March 08, 2002 12:52PM
damn that rubences, he causes no end of trouble ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 08, 2002 01:13PM
Yo Sup

"The rules say that you can chance the line once and Rubens did it twice "

that rule is not ment for the start of the race, it is ment for in proper racing conditions, after the cars have gotten into single file etc

Otherwise MS starts and several others, DC included are also illegal.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 08, 2002 03:21PM
Yo Sup

And also it cant be ralfs fault, if he wants to pass RB why was he directly behind him coming into the braking zone? And why was he still accelarating? How can rB be blamed? Just cos ralf couldnt find the brake pedal

"I wonder if i could make it right to turn 3 if i go over him?"

"This new car is pretty good, wonder how it flies?"

Date: March 13, 2002 08:14AM
Posted by: Vader
Hey, after all ralf is a Schumacher, so how can you even think about putting the blame on him?
absolution in nomine schumachi

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy