Schumacher is crap

Posted by matthewp 
Re: Schumacher is crap
Date: October 27, 2007 09:49PM
Posted by: brnco
Yes, that's correct, seems I missed the topic though. As always.

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Date: October 27, 2007 11:58PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Brnco you are such a prat sometimes! Why reserrect a 5 year old thread just to make your displeasure of Schumacher known? (whether Muks told you to or not).

You say you admire his driving yet he was a crap person, so did you meet him? Did you spend time with him?You have absolutely no right to judge someone just because of a few controversial on track incidents. And then you go and contradict that, by then saying you admire him for his on track skills!

And bringing up him driving when his mother died, do you know the situation? Do you know that she didnt tell both of them to race the next day? And remember Ralf raced too, does that make you hate him like Michael?

Pointless, poorly contructed arguments, and then the bullsh!t saying you meant Andretti. Waste of my bandwidth.

Date: October 28, 2007 02:09AM
Posted by: slicer
i meant finishing the older topic. i was gunna reply to the older one when apparently, brnco resurected it. i thought everyone was gunna start off where Ellis 2kx was, something like....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo Sup

" saying if irvine was in ferrari as no.1.. he'd be winning like schummi?? "

Well we seen that in 1999. If Irvine and MS had had equal status for the start of the season in 1999 then irvine would be champ, no doubt about it. Ferrari screwed up cos when MS crashed they were screwed, they had no back up. Irive had had little testing compared with MS and when he was given full attention like MS got he did brillaintly! If he had been allowed to win eralier then Ferrari would have had Irvine as champ, but i dont think they wanted that cos it would have ment that Irive took Number 1 to Jaguar, and i dont think MS wanted that cos he wanted to be first ferrari champ since Jody.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would like to get back to older section. i would like to hear your opinion on this argument that took place 5 years ago. In fact, i'll get us moving this this direction right now.

I feel everyone who was a driver, whether pwnage or not, was all the same. Maybe TC was the thing for MS. I'm sure we would find that out if he was still racing and headed for 2008.

Or maybe all the drivers are different but the cars are different too. I think that every driver has the ability to pwn like Schumi. It just so happens that Schumi has found his BEST driving form. Maybe the others have good skill but just haven't found their personal BEST form. Obviously, the cars are suited to fit the driving style of the driver RIGHT THERE. (sorry, don't know how to italisize)

Maybe Schumi knew that his BEST driving style wasn't his favorite, but he knew his BEST was gonna help him.

Everyone has that potential to pwn. Its just finding what works that counts, not what feels comfortable.

I believe they're all the best. just some haven't gotten to their best-point yet.

That's all folks!
-teh_$L!cerer
Date: October 28, 2007 03:17PM
Posted by: Muks_C
MS was in the right-place, right-time during Ferrari's dominant years (Bridgestone produced amazing tyres that were tailor-made for the Ferrari, coupled with unprecedented bullet-proof reliability from the Ferrari), BUT he did have enormous driving talent too, he showed that many times before the dominant years.

he could always drag a poor car higher up than it deserved to be. his driving skill had a lot to do with the fact that both the '97 and '98 seasons went down tot he last race, when in reality the Williams FW19 and McLaren MP4-13 really should have taken the championships with races to spare.

he was lucky in many ways, but he had a lot in him too, i don't think just any driver could have done what he did, especially over the number of years he was at, or near to, the top. his passion for racing/driving never faultered from his first race in Belgium '91 to his last at Brazil '06.

even Mika has said his passion went after he won his first title, he found it hard to even stay motivated in '99 (he said that in last week's Autosport, 25th October issue).

fate could have been different and it could have been another driver who was there at the right place, right time, who could have helped to take Ferrari to the top, but it wasn't, it was Michael who was "the chosen one", so that's what we have to live with.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2007 02:53PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 28, 2007 08:08PM
And its unlikely any driver would have won 5 titles and and been runner up twice with Ferrari just by being in the right place at the right time. And think how much Michael developed the car, how fast would the Fearri been without his input?

Date: October 28, 2007 09:06PM
Posted by: brnco
are suited to fit the driving style of the driver RIGHT THERE. (sorry, don't know how to italisize)

[i ]insert text here[/ i ]and remove all spaces.

if you want to imbed image put
Date: October 29, 2007 02:40AM
Posted by: razgriz
Why schumacher is crap if he drove for mid teams,maybe im sure he loose his confidence both in team & cars..
Date: October 29, 2007 04:24AM
Posted by: slicer
thanks brncomaster!
Date: October 29, 2007 09:39AM
Posted by: gav
razgriz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why schumacher is crap if he drove for mid
> teams,maybe im sure he loose his confidence both
> in team & cars..

But saying might have struggled isn't to say he would have.

After all Senna was never scrabbling around in the mid-field. His move to Lotus wasn't dissimilar to when Schumacher went to Ferrari - both big teams struggling at the time, though arguably 1 was on the way down and 1 the way up. Admittedly Schumacher only had the single race in a mid-lower grid car, but had he had a full season he'd have done something not dissimilar to what Senna achieved at Toleman.

Schumacher blatantly isn't crap. He's definitely a great. All his years of number 1 status show to me is that his tally of championships and his various records are rather overinflated.
Date: October 29, 2007 09:54AM
Posted by: razgriz
i hope schumacher will dominate once again,what if ralf move to williams again?(just thinking) and pro drive(with duplicate mp22)?
Date: October 29, 2007 10:31AM
Posted by: gav
Prodrive aren't going to be in F1, certainly not in 2008 anyway.
Date: October 29, 2007 07:00PM
And Ralf wont go there, and he wouldn't dominate anyway

Date: October 30, 2007 10:41AM
Posted by: reddwarf
I'm not a particular schumi fan but you cant argue with 7 world titles, the guy can only beat whats put in front of him and you still need the mental toughness to close out the title race. Look at how hamilton blew it fighting alonso unneccessarily at brazil, i doubt schuey would have got involved with that. That said some of his tactics were a bit questionable!! There again so were senna and prosts in their seasons at McLaren. I guess that the Fangio/Clark/Stewart eras had different values, perhaps it was more of a gentlemans sport? Certainly i think that the safety advances in modern f1 have an effect in terms of what the drivers can get away with and still walk away from the resulting accident(unless you were Gilles Villeneuve!!). A lot of drivers died in fairly mild accidents by todays standards in the 50/60/70s(in terms of the speed of the accident)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy