Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by EC83 
Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 08, 2010 07:30PM
Posted by: EC83

Previous Winners

2009 - Rubens Barrichello (Brawn GP Mercedes)
2008 - Sebastian Vettel (Toro Rosso)
2007 - Fernando Alonso (McLaren Mercedes)
2006 - Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)
2005 - Juan Pablo Montoya (McLaren Mercedes)
2004 - Rubens Barrichello (Ferrari)
2003 - Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)
2002 - Rubens Barrichello (Ferrari)
2001 - Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams BMW)
2000 - Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)

So who'll win - and what will happen - at this most unique and historic circuit in 2010? Not long before we find out.

Re: Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 08, 2010 07:47PM
Posted by: msater
I hope Button wins, Alonso finishes 2nd, Vettel 3rd and Webber in 8th, Hamilton not finishing. Oh and Kubica 4th. That would really make the championship interesting ;)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 08, 2010 10:12PM
Posted by: J i m
It would be nice if the points gap closed back up again... But I'm kind of hoping Webber wins the championship, since Spain (apart from Valenica) he's been pretty epic.

Date: September 09, 2010 11:23AM
Posted by: chet
I would like to see a Button win, he needs it to boost his confidence and Spa's result would have done that!

Being realistic I think we have an epic Alonso v's Lewis battle coming up! With Button ready to take the scraps if it goes tits up.

Kubica and Sutil could be the supprise packages, and RBR need to be careful not to lose out to them which I believe is a very strong possibility!

Im not too sure im going to catch this race.. Certainly miss Saturday, but Sunday not so sure. I cant remember the last time I missed two GP's in a row! Im ashamed to call myself a fan!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
since you said ALONSO VS LEWIS i just wanna ask a little bit off topic. doesnt it seems to you that in 2007 at the end in brazil, alonso wanted more that hamilton fails ,rather than aonso himself wins . in the first corners he just drove lewis offfff the track !!
Date: September 09, 2010 01:31PM
Posted by: EC83
In fairness, Lewis pwned himself that time. Fernando didn't have to do a lot, just cover off the inside of Lago when Lewis had a go at a pass, and Lewis just lost his head completely all by himself.

Date: September 09, 2010 01:58PM
Plus the box full of neutrals that he had for about 10 seconds, which put him further back.

Yes, if Button doesn't beat Lewis this weekend, its definitely time for McLaren to start favouring Lewis (if it isn't already).

It will be interesting (as it says on F1Fanatic) if Massa is 2nd, and Alonso is 4th in the race, with someone not in the championship hunt in the middle. Would they give the order?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 09, 2010 06:43PM
I would hope not, I even think not. However the arrogance of Ferrari has disappointed me in that respect in the past, and will probably do so again in the future.

I'm actually not against team-orders, I think the rule should actually be revised to allow for switching positions when one driver is mathematically out of the championship yet Ferrari all too often take the Michael from a holier than thou stance atop high prancing horse.

Team orders have always been and should always be a part of the sport, but dammit... Ferrari take them to the extreme.

Date: September 09, 2010 06:57PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I feel it will be Lewis vs Vettel, Webber closely behind with Button. Sutil finishing up the Top 5 with Nico right behind!
Can't really see anything other than a McLaren win. That car is epic in a straight line and that seems to be the winner round Monza. Red Bull just don't have the grunt, and Ferrari aren't quite on a par.

I also think that the new teams will be further off the pace unless they bring some pretty insane low-downforce packages. Toro Rosso might have the F-Duct on the go so this could limit chances. Time will, as always, tell.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 09, 2010 10:10PM
Stability under braking and over kerbs is also pretty important, Mclaren's straight line speed advantage ought to give the edge, but if ferrari for instance is overall better balanced... Mclaren could still have a fight on their hands.

Date: September 10, 2010 12:38PM
Interesting ploy from McLaren in FP1 to couple the Spa wing package with the F-Duct... it would seem they're definitely gaining a lot under braking, and also at the Lesmos and Parabolica etc.

I'd be surprised if they didn't at least try the more conventional Monza low downforce package on at least one car in FP2 though.

Red Bull quick as well in-spite of lack of straight line speed.

Interesting that Red Bull did the green paint aero test in a practice session, I can't remember seeing that before at a race weekend (although I'm probably wrong)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 10, 2010 01:50PM
Nah McLaren used it last year in the opening races.

Date: September 10, 2010 10:38PM
Posted by: Lex
[globoesporte.globo.com]

I found it interesting that Virgin recorded the highest top speed. Kudos to computer design?

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: September 10, 2010 11:06PM
Posted by: gav
Lex
I found it interesting that Virgin recorded the highest top speed. Kudos to computer design?

Or horribly miscalculated downforce levels? ;)

Seriously, maybe they had so little downforce to begin with that perhaps Monza is less of a punishment... like Force India last year.

I do like Virgin - they're a tiny team who have chosen a very different way of coming into F1 and while wind-tunnels are still the vital tool for the vast majority, Virgin's methods will be the way forward at some point.

It's brave of them to go about it as they have, and in a sport relatively stagnant and consumed by percentages in modern times, they've shown risk doesn't have to be far behind, and indeed can be level with the norm.

While this year has been a test of reliability and getting going, it'll be interesting to see which of Lotus and Virgin come out on top next year - I suspect Lotus (more through experience in the team), but I want Virgin to be a success, just as they go about things in such a different way.
While this year has been a test of reliability and getting going, it'll be interesting to see which of Lotus and Virgin come out on top next year - I suspect Lotus (more through experience in the team), but I want Virgin to be a success, just as they go about things in such a different way.

Both teams will be fine when they get rid of X-Trac gearboxs and hydraulics, which the new teams have to use this year. They are a complete mess, and 10 years behind everybody else.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
If Lotus can secure the Renault deal, that could also help propel them into the midfield as well. I think they'll be up around STR next year.

As for the upcoming qualifying, I can't wait. The top 6 drivers all look to be extremely close, although we haven't really seen Webber's hand yet due to reliability. Q3 should be fantastic.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 11, 2010 03:02PM
Posted by: Gigi4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy