Request: Have some neutrality, please * Hungary spoilers because of a moron*

Posted by gav 
Most of us have our favourite drivers. That's fine. I was always a big fan of Alesi. No shame there, and I'd have none no matter who I was a fan of.

But please, if you post, please do so with a modicum of neutralism. We all share a common passion: motorsport in general and F1 in particular. You don't watch F1 just to follow a single driver do you?

When you post, please refrain from making a tit of yourself and actually post something worth reading. I don't want to waste bandwidth reading a post that consists of: "Kimi was awesome today. Despite his silly crash".

Post about your favourite driver by all means, but do so with a degree of sense, and not coming out as some 7 year olds' parent at sports day.

I'm bored of this fanboy-based internet. MSN gets away with it, despite being a more suitable platform, so why are discussion forums plagued by it? How come the internet seems perfect for?

Is it just me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2008 10:11PM by gav.
Re: Requst: Have some neutrality, please
Date: August 03, 2008 05:42PM
Posted by: chet
So whos this directed at then Gav ? ;)! lol

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 03, 2008 05:43PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
No, it isn't just you. Posts like this are completely unaccpetable

Date: August 03, 2008 01:53PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL (IP Logged)

haha i pissed myself at massa, cheered like f*ck. hate the wanker!!

But hey, you want neutrality? Sim is on his final warning for a couple of drunken posts, yet we have to put up with constant abuse from a couple of members who were banned and allowed back in because the moderators had there bollocks cut off whilst Vader was on a leave of absence. Posts will not be neutral on any subject as long as people are treated differently. Quality above quantity. It is time to start trimming the heard.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 03, 2008 05:47PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
I think after a race when certain events happen we cant just start making comments about forum members because they are happy with the way things went

Of course I am a ferrari supporter and I am going to get happy when something happens to Hamilton - the main competitor.

I see no reason why i shouldnt post that on this forum as a forum is a place to discuss things and give opinions. I gave mine fair enough so why should i be slated for this?

We shouldnt get depressed about little opinions. Just chillax

Date: August 03, 2008 05:48PM
Posted by: Nickv
? Sim is on his final warning for a couple of drunken posts

You've got to be kidding me :/

About the neutrality, yes, the quality of posts has been dropping massively lately.
Date: August 03, 2008 05:49PM

We shouldnt get depressed about little opinions. Just chillax

Many of us have been around on this forum for longer than you even know it has existed. We miss the days when you could actually have a conversation between members without it resorting to "Massa is a wanker" or "Kimi is god" or whatever.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 03, 2008 05:57PM
You have been for just over 1 year longer than me... Surely it cant have changed all that much in that little time?

Date: August 03, 2008 05:58PM
Posted by: sasjag
indeed i am Nick

agree with Gav here..i spend pre race build up on this forum, but almost always go to another forum for in-race/post race chat, because everyone is sensible and its possible to have a good discussion about the events

its fine to be a fanboy, just not to the extent certain people are on this place. and its getting @#$%& annoying. yes i laugh when a driver i dont like is unlucky, but i will still say if i think he did a good job on another day. im a hamilton fanboy, and yet i was the first to shout N000000000B when he effed up in canada. i think piquet doesnt belong in f1 and should never in a million years been on the podium, but he was in teh right place at the right time and appears to have started to improve

also, sad state of affairs when its a bunch of well respected and old members who are having to do this and not certain ball-less moderators who try to keep the peace by tackling everything except teh causes of it

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 03, 2008 05:58PM
I've been here since before grandprixgames.org even existed. I was here when it was grandprix3.com. Just because I've only been here under this account/username, doesn't mean I haven't been here a LOT longer. I was part of the very first moderation team on this forum.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2008 05:59PM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 03, 2008 05:59PM
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have been for just over 1 year longer than
> me... Surely it cant have changed all that much in
> that little time?

that date is when the forum was reset, Dave has been heer since 2001/2002 at least, i joined in around 2002/2003

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 03, 2008 06:00PM
OK then, calm down its just a forum

Date: August 03, 2008 06:01PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
nice initiative gav, i agree with your comments.

good choice of favourite driver too ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 03, 2008 06:02PM
Posted by: Nickv
Who cares you've had your last warning, Sim? You can always get back with a new account, that seems to be tolerated here.
Date: August 03, 2008 06:04PM
Posted by: chet
With a new name! maybe tehsim or something lol

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 03, 2008 06:06PM
well its my 2nd final warning now, and im not particularly bothered :P

also

Sim

Date: August 03, 2008 06:18PM
Posted by: gav
I'll add that I'm not a fan of any of the current F1 drivers. I admire most aspects of some, but I'm not a fan as such of any. I also don't dislike any (despite what some what say).

chet Wrote:
> So whos this directed at then Gav ? ;)! lol

To be honest, it's directed at no-one at all.

I just thought I'd make it having seen today's race thread. Easy to suggest it's directed at Bruninho, but it's not. Frankly, we could say what we like, but he'd still not change unless it was God reincarnate himself that spoke to him.

It's not even directed solely at this forum. It's a relatively recent trend on the internet.

Do we feel so safe behind the pixels that we start to let our true selves come out? Has this been human mentality all along, but in person it's not come across?

Example. I'm a massive football fan. My team is Liverpool. Yet according to the genes implanted in me, I'm supposed to hate Man United... is that where this is coming from? If so, it's not how you act in reality (outside of a drunken mob), so why do you react like this behind your router?

I just don't get it.

Example 2 (and only an example, and not a dig): If, God forbid, you were watching this as Bruninho, are you completely ignorant of every other driver, save for those you support? If the race itself is a classic, but your driver crashes out on lap 1, what is your opinion?

To me, that's what casual fans are like. They're not particularly big fans of the sport, but they've been drawn by a certain character or team (again, no problem with that as such). But I'd have expected this forum to be made up of hardcore fans of the sport, or hardcore fans of the GPx series, who in turn are fans of the sport. I wouldn't expect casual fans to be posting here, or any other motorsport-centric sites.

For the record, I thought this morning that it was ludicrous Sim had been given a warning for a few drunken posts... that's what used to make the forum what it was. His threads in the past have been stuff of legend (who can forget the
flatmate thread
?). To be warned for saying what the rest of us thought is just lunacy, and if I get a warning for saying this, it will only serve to justify the turn-around.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2008 06:22PM by gav.
Date: August 03, 2008 06:27PM
I get what your trying to say and Im not going to disagree with most.

gav Wrote:
> Example. I'm a massive football fan. My team is
> Liverpool. Yet according to the genes implanted in
> me, I'm supposed to hate Man United... is that
> where this is coming from? If so, it's not how you
> act in reality (outside of a drunken mob), so why
> do you react like this behind your router?

However with this part i think there are people who act the same in real life and not just behind a router even when they are not drunk.

Ill put my hand up and say im one of them. Why should i change just because there are people on the internet who dont know me.

Date: August 03, 2008 06:33PM
Posted by: villej
LOL at the cat!

And while staying on topic, I'll just say that I agree what has been said in this thread. Moderation team needs to step up and do correct actions.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: August 03, 2008 06:35PM
Posted by: gav
[edit: at DJSKYLINE, not villej] No, no, I'm not saying that. To some degree we're all fans of someone or some team somewhere along the line. My point is you don't go around wearing a scarf with a picture of Kimi on it, do you?

Having a sig showing you're a fan, and praising him when he does well isn't what this thread is about. I've nothing against you for supporting Kimi - he's someone to admire after all - but take this a bit further (and hypothetically) - why, when you post, do you only seem to post about Kimi or Ferrari, and not the race or event as a whole?

Why do I want to read: "Yes, Hamilton has blown up! Kimi for president!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2008 06:36PM by gav.
Date: August 03, 2008 06:44PM
I see and no of course not! lol

I dont just post about Kimi, if you read my first post about the race today i commented about others too! :)

Im sure people would get fed up with me just writing about Kimi but all the time but its only because i dont want to spend more time giving a whole analysis on other people too.

I might just write about my driver, go and doing something more interesting then come back again to reply to lot who quoted my selfish post ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy