F*&K never thought it would happen

[www.autosport.com]

2013 - Nando must come through..
Re: Silverstone to Lose GP after 2009
Date: July 04, 2008 12:55PM
Posted by: Covfan
Just, wow.
[www.itv-f1.com]

i dont really mind, donington is a great track to afterall! as long they dont change it.

epic w00t

and it will be changed

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 04, 2008 01:03PM
Posted by: sasjag
epic w00t!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 04, 2008 01:05PM
Posted by: bob1977
Bloody hell!!!!!
Date: July 04, 2008 01:06PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: July 04, 2008 01:06PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
What.

The.

F**k.

Heard it on the news. Now this is good for race fans, since Donington's a great racetrack, but it's gonna cause MAJOR f**kups getting there, because all the sliproads leading to the track aren't exactly designed to cope with 100000 keen F1 racefans.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Sorry guys, another thread's got more posts. FAIL! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

turkey_machine schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry guys, another thread's got more posts. FAIL!
> ;)

i posted this earlier, so the other one failed ;-)

Not according to the times :P ;)

Date: July 04, 2008 01:23PM
Posted by: casabonka
How far is donington from silverstone?

Do you think it will get the same amount of spectators?

Date: July 04, 2008 01:28PM
Posted by: chet
Awesome track, not so awesome facilities. If F1 can go Donno without changing the track, then why not go Road America ??

I cant help but feel there will some kind of horrible change if this goes ahead.

btw, anyone think this is just political pressure on the government and Silverstone ? Bernie estimated the cost to improve Silverstone for LIFE is abouit 0.002% of the cost it is for the Olympics for ONE year.

Its f*cking stupid. I call RedSam for Prime Minister !!!!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 04, 2008 01:29PM
Posted by: MarcLister
I've merged the two threads into one. :)

Interesting news. Still a British GP but not at Silverstone. Don't know whether to be happy or sad.
Date: July 04, 2008 01:32PM
Posted by: chet
ooo didnt know you could merge threads. cool!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 04, 2008 01:38PM
Posted by: MarcLister
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ooo didnt know you could merge threads. cool!

I can. And yes I am thanks. ;-)
Date: July 04, 2008 01:58PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Makes sence for Donington, its close to the airport, so guests and teams can fly stuff in, and the airport has one of the worlds largest DHL Supply hubs, and with DHL being the F1's main logistics company! :0)

PLUS!!! Close to where my bro lives, so holidays when seeing him is gonna be revolved round the F1 now! :oD
Date: July 04, 2008 02:11PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Wow I didnt really think it would happen! 20 odd F1 cars screaming down the craner curves might just be brilliant enough for me to mess my pants :-D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 04, 2008 02:17PM
Posted by: toyo_161
What a shame for silverstone, omg silverstone is one of the best tracks in the calendar IMO. Donington Has no place for two cars in the road......
Date: July 04, 2008 02:21PM
Posted by: marwood82
wow. really just thought it was all paper talk to get the BRDC to get their act together. didn't actually think it would happen.

I've been to donington countless times, until a couple of years ago it was my local circuit.

I went to the 93 european GP, and when i was there and even today when i see clips from it, it seems weird seeing an F1 race there. For me its a very much a national level venue. small, very few grandstands, lots of good spots to just sit down on the grass and watch. whilst being close to the action

If we were getting a GP at donington as it currently is, i'd be very excited as it would have a very intimate feel to it and thus be something a little different on the GP calendar.

However this isn't whats going to happen is it. It just isn't designed for formula 1.

Its going to mean some SERIOUS alterations around donington. if you think getting in and out of silverstone is a pain on GP sunday, that is nothing compared to how bad it would be at donington. other than the A50 its pretty much country lanes at present.

and its not just access and pit garages, its the track itself. lets face it Tiker is going to get hold of it(they've already said it isn't long enough) and i don't see how he's going to alter it and not destroy the very things that make donington, donington.

When i go to Silvestone always comes across as a vast (and occasianly bland )facility(i know it isn't that big, but thats just how it seems to me), donington is a a pokey little venue with real character. Its going to be a shame to see that character destroyed.

(to be honest i'm struggling to see where there is space for all the stuff thats going to be needed)

I really do hope they can pull off something really great as if they do it right it could be fantastic, but i'm not holding my breath.

i suppose the other question is, what happens to silverstone now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2008 02:22PM by marwood82.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy