2.835 mi/4.563 km
Race Distance
189.945 mi/305.721 km
Number of Laps

1977 Race Results
1 James Hunt
2 Carlos Reutemann
3 Patrick Depailler

F1 heads off to the Far East to the first new circuit since 2005 with the title battle getting closer.

I'm gonna have to go with Hamilton to win this one - I think the fact that no-one knows the circuit is gonna put him at less of a disadvantage than at some other tracks, and I don't think he can let Alonso take any more points off him if he wants to win the title.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2007 11:21PM by mortal.
Re: Japanese GP Race Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 26, 2007 02:23PM
Posted by: mikef1
What's wrong with Thursday?

In any case i don't think the fact that nobody has raced on this circuit is an advantage or disadvantage for Lewis.
All the teams have to set their cars up for this new track and it does seem to me that Lewis is not strong in this area whereas Fernando is.
We just have to wait for Friday practice to see who's strong.
Date: September 26, 2007 02:47PM
Posted by: brnco
OMG it's wednesday, we agreed it will be posted on thursday,
in this case I could get tempted to post some crap.
Date: September 26, 2007 02:53PM
Posted by: gary42
Sorry, was quite hung over and thought it was Thursday. Oops...

Date: September 26, 2007 03:14PM
Posted by: chet
Should be a good race, I expect some overtaking.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 26, 2007 03:22PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Are you only going to watch the GP2 race this week Chet?

Date: September 26, 2007 03:48PM
Posted by: mikef1
It seems that Kimi is not a fan of games or simulators:

Fuji is certain to be a great leveller as none of the drivers have previously personally viewed, let alone driven the circuit.

Raikkonen is confident he will quickly take to the track, adding: "I've only seen it in the papers.

"I have read that our car would not adapt perfectly to this kind of track, but I know our team has worked very hard, so we can be competitive during the weekend.

"I know some drivers have prepared themselves for this race using simulators, but to be honest, that's something I don't like.

"I've never played with a PlayStation and never used simulators, and I don't think my performance has suffered.

"I've always been able to get to know a new race track very fast. This hasn't changed since I've been racing in Formula One.

"With three hours of free practice on Friday and one on Saturday, I don't think there will be any problems in qualifying."

Is he putting himself at a disadvantage to the other sim heads like Fernando and Lewis? Surely it can only help to get an idea of how the track flows if nothing else.
Date: September 26, 2007 03:59PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
sorry people but whats the thing about it being posted on wednesday instead of thursday? just ignore it for a day, if you realy think thats a big issue you dont have a live.

Date: September 26, 2007 05:25PM
Posted by: Nickv
Has none of the drivers ever driven it? You'd think Sato has driven there at least once...
Date: September 26, 2007 05:31PM
Posted by: RAC5
Sutil has, he drove there in Japanese F3
Date: September 26, 2007 06:08PM
RAC5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sutil has, he drove there in Japanese F3

Wasn't that on the old Fuji though, before all the reprofiling work (especially from Dunlop through to Panasonic?)

Date: September 26, 2007 06:15PM
Posted by: assadof1
i found this onboard view for the circuit kinda of a good track in the first sector then it become very numb

speed freak
Date: September 26, 2007 06:16PM
Posted by: count.bazley
I think Yamamoto is the only driver to have raced on the new Fuji, although I'm sure a handful of drivers have done demo runs (Trulli?).
Date: September 26, 2007 06:33PM
Posted by: assadof1
ralf schumacher i just saw in youtube he doing some laps around fuji i think
back to 2005

speed freak
Date: September 26, 2007 06:42PM
Posted by: gav
Christ! Is that the width of Japan itself?
Date: September 26, 2007 06:42PM
Posted by: sasjag
it was Thursday in Chatham Island when this was posted, so let it go ;)

people say "new track, everyone starting from nought" its just bullshit/ as KR said up teher the teams will have had this track GPS mapped, loaded on the simulator for months. they will still perfect teh setups before qualifying, because they are the best at what they do. all it means is they *might* have to use some extra tyres in practice to get there.

the track reminds me of Indy looking at it, twisty infield with a long straight. Kimi will still win it though

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 26, 2007 07:16PM
Posted by: calimbo
I remember Kimi never liked the simulator, he got dizzy in McLaren's simulator, while Montoya always enjoyed it.

I have a question and let's hope no body hits back at me. But, latelly I feel everybody prefers Alonso to win the championship than Hamilton...

Date: September 26, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: chet
I very much like Lewis, nad have done for agggggges, but would much prefer Alonso because it will be good for lewis to loose this year..

also alonso to win 3 back to back titles after changing team would be quite something...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 26, 2007 07:48PM
Posted by: Senna
I almost felt asleep watching that slow fuji onboard video, now imagine how it will be with F1 race... bring on GP2 Valencia or lets move back to Suzuka F1!

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: September 26, 2007 07:51PM
calimbo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember Kimi never liked the simulator, he got
> dizzy in McLaren's simulator, while Montoya always
> enjoyed it.
>
> I have a question and let's hope no body hits back
> at me. But, latelly I feel everybody prefers
> Alonso to win the championship than Hamilton...

I don't know whether more people want him to than before - in fact, I think it may be the opposite - it's just a feeling that Alonso is more likely to - he has experience on his side, and he seems to be in better form coming into the crucial last few races.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy