Niki Lauda passes away

Posted by Frantic 
Niki Lauda passes away
Date: May 21, 2019 04:01AM
Posted by: Frantic
motorsport.com

One of the greatest men to ever climb into an F1 car, and a big inspiration not only for motorsport, but for life in general. Rest in peace :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2019 04:02AM by Frantic.
Re: Niki Lauda passes away
Date: May 21, 2019 12:51PM
Posted by: landex
A Legend is gone, but it lives on in the F1 history, videos and mods;)! RIP Niki
Date: May 21, 2019 03:17PM
Posted by: saturdaynight
Lauda had been a huge Part of F1 even in retirement. He will be missed. R.I.P. Niki Lauda.

The World Sim Racing Championship
Date: May 24, 2019 01:06AM
Posted by: Vader
Lauda was the reason I became addicted to F1 in the 70s.

He being dead is surreal to me.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 25, 2019 02:52AM
Posted by: EC83
I genuinely couldn't believe the news when I read about it(Actually I first saw a photo tribute on Instagram and thought it was someone making a bad joke). In some ways I still can't.

While I understand that everyone dies(Thanks Vader!), to me he seemed more than human. It's like reading that Chuck Norris has died. He had overcome such adversity, fought through so much. I did get an uneasy feeling when he had the lung transplant and then the flu, but I was so sure he'd bounce back like he always had before, I thought nothing more about it at the time.

This is the most acute emotional sense of loss I've felt as an F1 fan since Ayrton Senna(25 years ago to the month, also just before Monaco). It's just heartbreaking. It feels like, quite simply, part of the sport has died with him.

RIP Niki, thanks for the wonderful memories... God bless you. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2019 02:57AM by EC83.
Date: May 29, 2019 05:32PM
Posted by: J i m
He survived so much. I always saw him a one of F1’s indestructibles.

He was brutally honest, you could rely on him to say the uncomfortable truths that people didn’t want to hear. A man full of character, a maverick.

He will be sorely missed.

Date: June 05, 2019 03:04AM
Posted by: AustinF1
Mario Andretti has mentioned Lauda as one of the toughest competitors he ever raced against. Given the Who's Who of racing legend that would be on that list, that is a very high regard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy