q:2017 rule on helmets

Posted by HarryHamm 
q:2017 rule on helmets
Date: September 30, 2017 10:07AM
Posted by: HarryHamm
is there a rule to say 1 helmet per driver per season?

so far at least 9 of the drivers have had 2 helmets!
Re: q:2017 rule on helmets
Date: September 30, 2017 02:21PM
Posted by: SuperCim
When I get time, I put the instructions to make helmets from the photos for Gp3.
Date: October 03, 2017 07:25AM
Posted by: Soutsen
afaik every driver can use the edited helmet once per season

Date: October 26, 2017 09:43PM
Posted by: Morbid
Yeah, in the old days a driver would have a helmet design that would pretty much follow him for life. That began to slide in the 00'ies and Vettel amongst others took it to a whole new level with new helmet designs at every race. The showmen were afraid that viewers could not recognize the drivers when the constantly had new helmets, so the different helmet design once per season rule was made. Now that we have clear markings of both numbers and driver initials on the car, it kind of seems like this rule is obsolete. But don't expect it to go any time soon.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 27, 2017 04:42AM
Posted by: Frantic
Yeah, I always thought that having the number on the helmet is quite pointless.

As morbid said until the 90s the helmet represented in a way the identity of the driver. Some were iconic. And then it ended when they became overcomplicated. Honestly I can't recall any recent design, or at least I can't in the way I recall say Coulthard Hakkinen JV Barrichello etc. At the end the most recognizable ones are the simpler ones. I'd be delighted if someone comes up with something ala Marcus Ericsson in Monaco 2014/15 when he raced a tribute to Ronnie Peterson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy