The 2014 Spanish Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS and that***

Posted by EC83 
2014 Spanish Grand Prix

Previous Winners

2004 - Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)

2005 - Kimi Raikkonen (McLaren Mercedes)

2006 - Fernando Alonso (Renault)

2007 - Felipe Massa (Ferrari)

2008 - Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)

2009 - Jenson Button (Brawn Mercedes)

2010 - Mark Webber (Red Bull Renault)

2011 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Renault)

2012 - Pastor Maldonado (Williams Renault)

2013 - Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)

From Practice it looks like there could be a few surprises and upsets. Let's hope so!

Wow at Chilton's save coming out of Campsa... McNish said it was 'Gilles Villneuvesque'.

But the world righted itself later, because Chilton dumped it in the gravel and got stuck... now, Gilles would have driven out backwards on three wheels :P

Maldonado once again showing his skills

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Lol @ Maldonaldo, at least his 'wheel of @#$%& you' only fell on himself this time. It took me quite a while to stop laughing, I'm finding his ineptness more amusing now he's not doing it in a Williams ;)

Hamilton was always going to be on Pole, even when Britney looked more comfortable in FP3, Q1 and Q2 and Hamilton was whinging that they'd made the car worse, I was thinking "Yeah, whatever. You say that, but you'll still be on pole".

Another fine job by Ricciardo, and with all these issues hitting Vettel's car you have to wonder if Webber managed to swap the chassis numbers on his way out ;-)

A great 'rabbit out of the hat' lap by the #BO77AS for p4, as he looked to be nowhere all weekend so far, and 'Felipe Baby' definitely seemed to have a comfortable margin over him, and he ought to have out qualified him once again but for an error on his Q3 lap. I hope they can have a relatively trouble free race for once tomorrow.

Respectable job by 'Lotus' getting that car to work in any way, shape or form has to be a good achievement and it's nice to see that Grosjean has retained enough good form to take advantage of that, whilst rather inevitably Maldonaldo thanked the team by hilariously crashing.

I doubt Alonso would have liked being out qualified by a team-mate at his home race for the first time since the 'Trulli train' managed it, but equally I rather doubt that Kimi will give too many vodkas nor magnums about it.

A slight fail on the part of 'Findia' to go so light on the car upgrades, it looks like they may have been left behind slightly, but we're see what they do in the race first. Also, McLaren continue to be exactly nowhere.

J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol @ Maldonaldo, at least his 'wheel of @#$%&
> you' only fell on himself this time. It took me
> quite a while to stop laughing, I'm finding his
> ineptness more amusing now he's not doing it in a
> Williams ;)

One thing to be said for him is he keeps finding ways to improve the retarded Lotus nose. The improvement he effected today was quite nice.

Looks like there could be some cloud cover coming in by the time the race starts. Hmmm.

What a shitbox Seb's car is this weekend. More problems on his installation lap. Jeez.

Well, this is nostalgic.

Anyone reminded of an early 00s Spanish GP led by a man in red?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Lewis: "My rear end is everywhere"
Martin Brundle: "Imodium's good for that"

Ha!

First time a team has finished 1-2 in four consecutive races since Ferrari in the Belgian-Japanese GPs in 2002. Awesome, literally.

Awesome, too, that they're so evenly-matched and allowed to race properly for the whole race. This season could be vintage.

EC83 Wrote:
> Awesome, too, that they're so evenly-matched and
> allowed to race properly for the whole race. This
> season could be vintage.

Exactly my thoughts, this could be a titanic year. There's so little to choose between Hamilton and Rosberg, that I think this may well go down to the wire. What Hamilton gains in qualifying speed, Rosberg gains in tyre preservation (imo). It looks like they're becoming frosty with each other, too, I particularly noticed that after qualifying.

I reckon Hamilton will win in Monaco, because of his qualifying, but after that things will start to swing in Rosberg's favour. I think the team will get behind him a bit more, being a German and all that.

The sight of Raikkonen fighting his car out of turn 8 was impressive, too. More of that please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2014 04:40PM by flat tyre.
LMAO Kimi! :D

flat tyre Wrote:
> I reckon Hamilton will win in Monaco, because of
> his qualifying, but after that things will start
> to swing in Rosberg's favour.

It's important psychologically for Nico that he beats Lewis at Monaco. If he does, he can use that as a springboard to Canada, which is Lewis's strongest track on the calendar. If Nico managed to beat Lewis in Canada I think Lewis's head would really drop. These next two races will be pretty important IMO.

EC83
LMAO Kimi! :D

What's he said this time?
When Natalie started interviewing him he gave two monosyllabic answers and then just walked off before she got a chance to finish. The Sky team couldn't hide their amusement. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2014 05:41PM by EC83.
I actually think Nico will win in Monaco but then the tracks after that suit Lewis.

Lewis is the best in Canada and last year at Silverstone he was a lot fast than Nico.

In my view Nico is very lucky Lewis broke down in Austraila.
Plenty of time to even it out Marc.
What is still the back of my mind is the last race.

It will be so wrong for a driver to go into that last race and lose out due to the stupid double points thing.
I loved, how all weekend, even though it was dry, that pretty much all the cars were, sliding, locking up and squirming under power. The Mercs looked very neutral even if Lewis was whinging most of the time and of course the Red Bulls are always going to have one of the better balanced and higher downforce chassis but the rest of the field looked like an accident waiting to happen or in the case of Maldonaldo an accident which had happened.

I like the fact that Merc are still basically letting their drivers race, but Rosberg will now need a good run of results, he needs to win at least Monaco and Canada on the bounce now or Hamilton is simply going to bury him psychologically.

Red Bull ought to be closer to Merc at Monaco, and are in general emerging as clear best of the rest, but they'll have a challenge from Finida and Williams at Canada.

I was pleased with Bottas race in Spain, he looked like he was struggling in practice and turned it around well, he was never going to best a red bull, but to have them at least thinking about how to cover him off was a boost for Williams. Slightly miffed at Massa, who had looked very strong in practice but lack lustre in the race.

Good job by Grosjean too, I'm pleased to see that the troubled Lotus has not sapped his new found driving maturity.

More bad times for McLaren, but with the increased visible presence of Ron, you know further big changes are coming, he often reminds me of a mob boss.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy