Head to Head Battles and tricks in them

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Head to Head Battles and tricks in them
Date: April 02, 2013 06:09PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
Hi guys,

I decided to start this topic to discuss the different tricks the formula 1 drivers throughout the years have used in head to head battles. Here are some that have impressed me a lot:

Montoya/ Senna: Both would just launch the car on the inside and hope that the other car wouldn't turn in on them. Now it takes some balls to risk not only a good result with such a manouver, but also to put your health in jeopardy.

Schumacher/ Senna: Many drivers often go defending when not 100% necessary, and thus, compromise their line out of the corner. However, both schuey and senna would stay as long as possible on the ideal line and this was actually the line they would always prefer for head to head battles. Both would hope to be able to break as late as possible. But if this wouldn't work they had an ideal addition to this: namely, they would start turning in and try to scare the driver on the inside line that they will turn in no matter what. As a consequence the driver on the inside would panis, go hard on the breaks and spin. Typical examples are schumacher against hamilton in monaco 2011 , schumacher against kobaysashi in brazil 2012, or senna vs schumacher in South africa in 1992( or 1993 can't quite remember).

Schumacher: When he got stuck behind another car, he would do his best to go through, but if this wouldn't work he had a nice trick up his sleeve. He would drop back 2 or 3 seconds and start gaining again. This way he could escape the threat of getting trapped in the turbolent air forever. This worked pretty well on several occasions, e.g. against alonso in turkey, and both actually ended less that .3 behind each other.

I am looking forward to your memories and tricks that you have spotted.

C ya in the forums guys. Have a nice day/ night
Re: Head to Head Battles and tricks in them
Date: April 02, 2013 08:16PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
mitadumapaga schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Montoya/ Senna: Both would just launch the car on
> the inside and hope that the other car wouldn't
> turn in on them. Now it takes some balls to risk
> not only a good result with such a manouver, but
> also to put your health in jeopardy.

Just one thing to note: from your description, it sounds like divebombing for me, just going into the corner, maybe a bit late, forcing the opponent into a really wide line. Don't really think that this would be Montoya/Senna-style, both drivers who drive in some non-existing gaps, nontheless great race drivers.
Re: Head to Head Battles and tricks in them
Date: April 03, 2013 01:33AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
what i meant is that they would launch their car into a gap that would not be gone for frmo other drivers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy