2012 Abby Dabby Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Incident 2k9 
Re: 2012 Abby Dabby Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: November 04, 2012 04:14PM
Posted by: gav
Didn't see that coming. Any of it!

Kimi win? No hope.

Alonso 2nd? After qually? No hope.

Vettel 3rd? After the first few laps? No hope.

Horrible first few laps from Vettel and after that you did think he'd struggle to get points, and it was all falling into place for a strong points position for Alonso. From there on though Vettel was absolutely brilliant.

After the 2nd safety car I did think Vettel was going to luck into a win, but luckily for Alonso, he was giving Button the DRS while Vettel took the best out of his softer tyres.

I don't know what was better about Kimi... his driving or his messages back to the pits - utter hilarity. :D

Shame about Hamilton. He doesn't have an awful lot of luck around here. He wouldn't have been beaten today.

Horrible accident for Rosberg. Similar to Webber in Valencia - it's hard to judge that the cars with less downforce have to brake as early as they do.
Date: November 04, 2012 04:19PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Narain's car looked like it was about to blow up just as Nico hit him, smoke coming out of the left bank of the engine. it might not have been him actually braking for the corner. i guess we'll find out later.

this is why we were all excited about Kimi's return!

i was torn in two, on one side i so wanted Kimi to get a win, on the other i wanted Alonso to get past to cut the gap with Vettel.

great entertainment today!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 04, 2012 04:43PM
Posted by: Morbid
Unbelievable race. What a rollercoaster. So many ups and downs. What was that, the first win for Lotus in F1 in 25 years? Totally gutted for Hamilton... Again the team cost him the race he should have had. That's 4 out of 5 races in a row. Who the hell heads the quality control at MacLaren. Don't tell me that it is Sam Michael!!!

mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i remeber schumacher being asked after suzuka
> 2006, michael do you hope alonso might have
> problems in brazil. and schuey answered "no. this
> is not how i want to win my titles".

Said the man, that tried TWICE to win a championship by crashing into his nearest rival. I call bullsh!t.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 04, 2012 04:44PM
Posted by: aagancia
Great race.

Bad luck again for Hamilton, like in Singapore.
Bad racecraft from Massa and Perez. Perez deserved that penalty, he pushed the other car out and then went out of the track himself and rejoined unsafely, causing all the chaos. I bet Mclaren is starting to get even more nervous for next year.
Good driving from Maldonado. He seems to have learned a lot lately. I feel the contact with Webber was more of Webber's fault.
Webber, still can't figure out his race starts.
Schumi seems to be cursed. Getting a puncture at the later part while set to finish eighth.
Really happy with the Kimi win. Always wanted to see him up there again. Hillarious radio messages and post race comments from him.;)
Would have been happy also if Alonso won to get a closer championship fight.
Impressive recovery by Vettel, But he was aided a lot by the safety cars. Shameful language from him in the post race interview(N)
Date: November 04, 2012 04:47PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Muks_C schrieb:
> Narain's car looked like it was about to blow up
> just as Nico hit him, smoke coming out of the left
> bank of the engine. it might not have been him
> actually braking for the corner. i guess we'll
> find out later.

Everyone watching the german commentators Heiko Wasser and Christian Danner? They didn't even notice this tiny unnecessary detail :-p
I was a fan of them but atm (well, 2010 onwards) I'm faster with conclusing and in most cases right. Bad commentators I'd say.

As for the race: FANTASTIC. Raikonnen racing like hell, and his answer to Coulthard about the emotions, hilarious. Alonso probably the strongest loser of this race, and Vettel demonstrating his and his cars strength. No doubt the SC after Webber-Perez-Grosjean-crash helped still fantastic drive.
Also, why didn't Webber learn? First his overtake against Maldonado, then against Massa. Same mistake, driving into the corner too early. Thus, crash.
Best race in 2012, I'd say.
Date: November 04, 2012 04:55PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
and it shows you how coooler it is to have more durable tyres..

drivers pushing hard when they kno they have to pass on track and all of a suddden everything is happening.
Date: November 04, 2012 05:24PM
Posted by: n00binio
according to the austrian tv feed narain's steering column broke

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: November 04, 2012 05:43PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
The podium interview was hilarious...

Brilliant race, edge of your seat stuff. Amazing that Abu Dhabi and Valencia have been two of the best races.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 04, 2012 06:13PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Thanks Kimi for great race and win, great show from Vettel to again proof doubters that he actually is one of the best overtakers in F1.
Date: November 04, 2012 06:19PM
Posted by: Carlitox
What a race! I couldn't stop watching it, and the interviews were awesome. But nothing overcomes the awesomeness of Kimi's radio transmissions!

Just learned that Karthikeyan suffered a hydraulic issue just before the corner, and so braked hard since he lost all steering. Nico just couldn't avoid him. It was a case of bad luck IMO.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: November 04, 2012 06:35PM
Posted by: davidm
I think if you are realistic, the two safety cars hugely helped Vettel. If you take the field spread before the first, if they hadn't happened Eddie Jordan's assessment of 8th would have been about right.
Date: November 04, 2012 06:57PM
Posted by: EC83
I've not enjoyed a race this much since Korea 2010, and I put it in the same league as that one and Interlagos 2008. It had as much tension and excitement as a title-decider, with loads of entertaining incidents and epic plot-twists which, like Gav says, came out of nowhere. Ending with a new winner for the season and an unforeseeable closing up of the title chase. Ooft!

And that's without the brilliant comments by Kimi and Seb during the race and after it.

F1 has become beautiful again today! :D

Date: November 04, 2012 08:36PM
Posted by: marcl
Mclaren are beyond a joke now, thats the 4th race in a row Lewis has had problems and lost 2 wins.

Was a great race though loads of action and a great drive by Alonso yet again.

Sorry but did not rate Vettels drive today, he got lucky with the pace car timings. Was a good move on Button though but other than that it was too easy. It was a good drive dont get me wrong but everything just went his way. Plus they changed his setup to help him over take where as all the other cars were stuck with the setups they had.

Kimi is just great he makes me laugh and was a faultless drive by him. Really glad that he won the race.
Date: November 04, 2012 09:22PM
Posted by: J i m
aagancia Wrote:
> Really happy with the Kimi win. Always wanted to
> see him up there again. Hillarious radio messages
> and post race comments from him.;)
> Would have been happy also if Alonso won to get a
> closer championship fight.
> Impressive recovery by Vettel, But he was aided a
> lot by the safety cars. Shameful language from him
> in the post race interview(N)

So Kimi says "@#$%&" and it's hilarious. Seb says "@#$%&" and it's shameful? Double standards much? :P

Delighted Kimi won it'd been a long time coming, bad luck for Hamilton as the race was probably his. Excellent recovery drive by Vettel, but his moments with Senna and Ricciardo were partly his fault.

Button was painfully slow in sector three all weekend and it showed as he couldn't make the double DRS advantage work on Alonso, but he put up a canny defence to Vettel for a while.

Points for Pastor who apparently had a KERS failure after the first safety car so a decent result, his defence on Webber was clumsy and he would have been better served to concede at that point because he'd effectively lost the position. Although Webber needs to carefully pick who he can go wheel to wheel with as shown later on with his ding with Massa and then getting caught up in Perez, Di Resta and Grosjean driving Formula Ford and Clio Cup style.

Points for Senna.. But of a surprise after sucking in qualifying and then taking two hits on his left rear.. But a solid drive in all fairness although I felt he should have been able to get closer to Massa.. Probably just as well he didn't.

Date: November 04, 2012 09:42PM
Posted by: Isaint
What a Crap race!!! .................................... Only joking guys ....... dont kill me.Lol.
Epic race, best of the season by far. It's the only race this season that I could not take my eyes off even for a second. Even my girlfriend watched it.
Well, Lotus and kimi win one at last, though not a fan of this guy he drove a brilliant race and deserved the win. As for Hamilton bad news when you know that you did everything right and your team blows it for you. In retrospect he needs to get use to it because it will be even worse at Mercedes.
As for Alonso .... the guy is on another planet that's it!
Webber mate, dont you know whats gonna happen when you try to pull a move on Maldonado like that ...... he wont help you even a bit and he didn't and why should he. Case of lesson never learned.
Nico was lucky with that accident could have been real nasty but I guess the best thing you can do with that car is keep banging it into a wall until you get the new one not that I hold out much hope for change there.
I know some say that Vettel was fortunate with his race but I'm sorry As soon as Hamilton retired every one got fortunate including the race winner? First you have to place yourself in a posistion to gain fortune. He worked hard for it, things fell his way that's the way it goes brilliant race well deserved 3rd place.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2012 09:45PM by Isaint.
Date: November 04, 2012 09:52PM
Posted by: EC83
I think all the drivers were more chilled out because it was DC interviewing them on the podium. I was almost expecting him to join in with the swearing at one point. :P

I loved his grid-walk before the race too. The first time I can remember Alain Prost being interviewed by anyone on the grid since his team shut down, and DC brings up some of the most awkward moments of his career. Brilliant. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2012 09:56PM by EC83.
Date: November 04, 2012 10:15PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
formula 1 was beautiful today... partly because of the PURE DRIVING those tyres allowed for.

this was simply perfect combination of tyres that dont last a whole race long (like te bridgestones) and driviers being able to push with them to the limit, and as we saw, beyond it as well.

quite honestly, i am very very sad to see that schumachers career has to end the way it does.

if drivers like perez and senna are allowed to race in pretty decent cars that were potential, and actual, winners this season, then the old pro definately deserves a good seat. especially after perez got the mclaren seat with pretty dissmal qualy speed whole season long, errors when it mattered (malaysia, suzuka, today too) and good results hugely influenced by strategy determined by poor qualys.
Date: November 04, 2012 10:42PM
Posted by: Slash
Perez is really starting to worry me.. he hasn't done absolutely anything after they announced him for Mclaren..

don't take anything for granted Perez, remember Montoya?...

on another hand, Maldonado is showing a few signs of improvement, his speed is there, but what about Senna?, what are Williams going to do with him?, imho that's a wasted seat, the guy is not showing signs of improvement in any area.
at least with Grosjean you know he has some speed, but Senna doesn't show anything, it's just frustrating to see him race. reminds me of Mark Blundell in his late CART years.
Date: November 04, 2012 10:43PM
Posted by: marcl
Anyone who thinks that mclaren did not take Perez due to money is kidding themselves, remember they are going to lose vodafone and santander.
Date: November 04, 2012 11:06PM
Posted by: J i m
Yes... However for the time being Telmex are staying with Sauber.. Not jumping ship to McLaren.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy