Question on copyright

Posted by rapid_f1 
Question on copyright
Date: July 10, 2012 06:05PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Just thought with all these Apple/Samsung/HTC disputes going on, teams normally copy good designs from other teams, what would stop an F1 team to patent a technology like the F-duct so other teams couldnt copy it? Only downside I can see is FIA would ban it.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Re: Question on copyright
Date: July 10, 2012 06:45PM
Posted by: J i m
That and the time & cost involved I would think.

Date: July 10, 2012 10:48PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
Isn't there a rule in the regulations relating to industrial espionage?

My understanding is another team can copy an idea, but not produce an identical part?

Date: July 10, 2012 11:13PM
Posted by: J i m
Well... If someome leaks blueprints which find themselves to a photocopier for instance, then yes a dim view is taken.

Date: July 11, 2012 12:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Imagine if Tyrrell had patented the raised nose? Lol.
Date: July 11, 2012 02:03AM
Posted by: loren
To patent something, you have to describe it in great technical detail. The teams would prefer to keep their secrets. Not to mention the whole process takes several years.

Also, I believe to be charged with infringement in most countries you would actually have to be selling a product, which F1 teams are not.

Old Lotus chassis plates used to say "design registration and patents applied for", however no indication of what parts would be patented.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy