2012 Canadian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by madotter 
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mercedes starts to look like they would have hired
> Schumi just to sabotage his driving. All the time
> wheels falling off and all possible other similar
> @#$%& in every gp.. :(

I wholeheartedly agree... distressing to see schumi putting all his effort into this car yet something happens every damn time....
Re: 2012 Canadian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 10, 2012 01:55PM
Posted by: marcl
How do you think his team mates felt years ago when he was ok yet their car broke all the time :)

I want to see him up front as well tbh.

As for todays race I don't think Vettel will walk it, his lap time was poor DRS on the rev limit half way down the long straight, come the race no DRS so I think he will be beatable.

Alonso and Lewis only touched the rev limit near the end of the straight.
Date: June 10, 2012 03:06PM
Posted by: gav
I don't know why I'm just bringing this up now, as it's been this way all season, but has anyone else noticed the Lotus front suspension? It looks ludicrously soft.

We know McLaren seem to over-stiffen the suspension and/or chassis compared to others, apparently for the aerodynamic benefit, but why have Lotus gone in the complete opposite direction?

You'd have thought with the softer setup they'd be able to get up over the kerbs easier here, giving them a small advantage, yet they came to Montreal saying that the track wouldn't suit their car.

Are Lotus trying something funky again?
Date: June 10, 2012 04:04PM
Its been the same for a few years Gav, the Lotus/Renault cars have always looked soft at the front.
Date: June 10, 2012 04:35PM
Not that soft though. Watching from onboard it's almost memorising looking at the front suspension. It almost looks like there's a cushion of custard between the wheels and the track.
Apparently it's a hotter day than anyone expected in Montreal, and that everyone is stepping into the unknown with their tyres. Looks like we're in for another belter of a race :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: June 10, 2012 06:14PM
It won't be a belter. I watched the 2011 race earlier, so this will be crap. ;)
Date: June 10, 2012 08:52PM
Posted by: EC83
God, this is boring for a Canadian GP so far. Do something silly, somebody!

Gav, you were a prophet. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 10:06PM by EC83.
Massa's race pace in this race has been excellent, one of his fastest in a long time - just so frustrating that he spun early.

EDIT: Oh dear, more bad luck for Schumacher - although this race his pace has been poor.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 09:03PM by SchueyFan.
Date: June 10, 2012 09:20PM
Posted by: Toki
Not Bad Luck, it is a curse ;) Michael Schumachers Sunday Curse *Voodoo*???????? ;)

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
What has happened to Jenson Button? Sure he often has a few off races, but this is taking it to a new level...

Anyway, amazing result, well done Lewis, Romain and Sergio!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 10, 2012 09:58PM
Posted by: Toki
Interview with German Television:

Martin Whitmarsh about Jenson's Race Problems : Rear Tyre wear *Excessive* and wrong Setup.

Quote Jenson Team Radio:
“The grip is quite poor. We're going to go backwards.

7 Races 7 different Winner Who's Next????

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 10:12PM by Toki.
Date: June 10, 2012 10:12PM
Posted by: EC83
Toki Wrote:
> Not Bad Luck, it is a curse ;) Michael Schumachers
> Sunday Curse *Voodoo*???????? ;)

The most annoying thing about it is that it'll probably be influencing his decision about whether to stop at the end of this year or keep driving in 2013, and most of it has actually been sheer bad luck when MS has actually been driving quite well this year.

His pace has slipped back in the past few races though, even with bad luck.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 10, 2012 10:49PM
Posted by: IWE
IWE Wrote:
> Mercedes starts to look like they would have hired
> Schumi just to sabotage his driving. All the time
> wheels falling off and all possible other similar
> @#$%& in every gp.. :(

[www.youtube.com]

"Never gets stuck"

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 10, 2012 11:03PM
Posted by: Isaint
There is something not right with the relationship between that team and Michael ... I realy can't put my finger on it but I think that there is very little doubt that he will not be here next season.
His pace has dropped off since the last couple of races but that is a direct result of the ineptitude of the team where Michael is concerned.
I think that Michael has come to grips with the car but I think that Mercedes has long since shifted their priority to Nico, as a result it does not seem to matter what Michael does as far as that team is concerned; most times the equipment is not there for him, other times there are some very 'Iffy' calls on his preparation before races.
I dont really see how even he, can keep up his motivation much longer, it's almost as if he were a privateer and there were no team behind him.
Very weird.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 11:06PM by Isaint.
Date: June 10, 2012 11:09PM
I have a feeling Mclaren will give Button a new car for the next race. Lewis has nearly double the points of Button now. But we have seen this before with Button even in his championship year that when he goes wrong he cannot seem to get it back on track for a few races. Last year the updates suited Button maybe this year they car just suits Lewis better.

Great race very close. Thought Mclaren had blown it again but well done to them and the other 2 that finished 2nd and 3rd.
Date: June 11, 2012 12:11AM
Posted by: Slash
great race, i love how Mclaren reacted to Ferrari's pressure and made the pistop, at the end it got them the win, but they HAD to stop, but it was very close, they could've lost it and people would be saying it was a Mclaren error, instead they won and Leiws gets the praise, but he deserves it thou.

Alonso did what he could, they took the chanc and it didn't work, at least they managed to keep the car and it wasn't as bad as Kimi in China.
i love how F1 right now is about taking calculated risks in and off the track.

for Michael, well not much to say, his race was handicapped by his qualy but still, a mechanical problem was going to happen even if he was leading that race, we know he's a warrior but after driving so well trhu the season, what's the point if the car is going to break?, his motivation seems to take hit after hit just as the season goes by.

Jenson?, ok after Senna being overtaken by Kovalainen, that was the second most pathetic drive of the day, what's going on with him? is he going the Massa route?, he's been horrible these last 3 races, did he found a dick in Jessica's purse?, he needs to step up NOW.

Massa looked awesome a shame he spun and had to modify his trategy slightly that cost him a lot but it seems he found his rythm again.

anybody knows what happened to Kimi?, i tought he was for a good result, could've been 2nd, also Rosberg had some good pace posting fastest lap after fastest lap and finished 6th?, that must've been frustrating,
Date: June 11, 2012 04:51AM
Posted by: chet
Was physically upsetting watching jense today. He was the slowest car on track except for the new teams... It was painful...really hope he can pull through quickly. He isn't one to keep down so hopefully this don't get to him. I could barely enjoy the race today. The thing is if it's tyres then he is the only being effected this much. If it's the cat then who knows how long it will take to fix, or if its him then who knows what will happen?? I suspect he will get a new chassis for the next race...

edit - corrected mistakes! typed on phone, and half asleep!!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 10:19AM by chet.
Date: June 11, 2012 08:12AM
EC83
Gav, you were a prophet. :P

Yeah, though it picked up nicely in the second half of the race. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy