Who on earth are the 2012 champions going to be?! **SPOILERS**

Posted by flat tyre 
It doesn't take an Adrian Newey to figure out that this year's championship is one of the most unpredictable ones for a LONG time! Who do you think has the best chance of winning the championships?

Right now, my best guesses would be either Hamilton, Webber, Alonso or Rosberg. The last two might be dark horses, but they seem very consistent so far this year.

If I had to pick one... I would say Alonso.

I think McLaren should easily wrap up the constructors title. I still think they have the fastest car, but need to sort out all of these silly problems that keep on happening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
I badly want Alonso to win it. He's done easily the best job this year in terms of outperforming the car - it's been Senna 1993 type stuff so far. If Ferrari can just work on the car to make it more competitive I think he'll be hard to stop.
But then again - it's so hard to predict right now which cars will be on top from weekend to weekend. This is just the kind of situation where an outstanding driver like Fernando really shows his class.

I'm loving this season!! F1 is beautiful right now, it's really in the sweet spot. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 07:38PM by EC83.
If Alonso keeps delivering the amount of awesome he has so far then he will be champ. Even if Mclaren, RBR, Lotus have better cars.

The guy has simply stepped up another level this year IMO and it really has put the pressure on Vettel and Lewis to perform to even match him.

There is a long, long way to go and if I had to make a bold prediction, not only based on my fanboy-ism I would say Nico and Button will be the ones to watch out for. Nico especially. Button has had a whole heap of bad luck, and even more poor performances down to himself. The last time Button drove like this was 2008. I honestly can't see him being down for much longer. He's a guy who knows where his head needs to be, and he knows what it takes to win grand prix, but most importantly, he knows how to string consistent strong results together. Canada will mark the turn around for Button, I am 100% sure of that.

This year too, forgetting who's going to win the title, the battle for 2nd through to 12th will be hard to chose. I think we will see for the first time, at least 6 drivers going into the final 3-4 GP's with a mathematical chance at the WDC.

EDIT -

Driver - Alonso

Constructor - RedBull - Mclaren might have the better driver package as a whole, but as a team operation RedBull pwns them, big style.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 07:45PM by chet.
I'm going for RedBull to retain the Constructors too. They have the most solid driver combination of the top teams, and as Chet says, their general operation as a team owns everyone else.

i predict that merc. will win the constructors. they make superb tacticians, have super constant dirvers (schuey haters might argue, i know), german discipline combined with british flexibility and tradition. Also, i predict a schumaschre win in canada. just like in spa, monaco, monza, he is outstanding in canada. Last year showed. 2010 as well. He was 5-th by the time he collided with kubica. On the other hand you have the ever improving nico. Ferrari and Renault dont stand a chance. RBR and Macca and Merc. will be fighting for the title in my view..,..unless mister massa has something to say about it. he looked great in monaco
I'm not even sure which the best car is anymore...so I couldn't say.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
I still think Hamilton is going to come good... probably starting at Montreal.

As for constructors... I have no @#$%& idea. Unless Button can overcome his issues, especially in qualifying with such a tight grid, then I'd guess Red Bull probably have the strongest line up, but in reality the pace is so close it could feasibly be any of 5 teams, though realistically it's between 3 teams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 08:22AM by gav.
I think it is Alonso's to lose. The man is always there. Everyone else seems to have directly contrasting good/bad days.

The only other real threat I think is if and when Lotus begin to win races in the second half of the season.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
An Alonso special is looking good right now.

That's if if the current to & fro in form between many teams continues and Alono keeps banging in the podiums.

If things settle down a bit.. You'd have to think Red Bull & Vettle. Mclaren had a good car but as a team they've been woeful. Merc & Lotus probably don't yet have the consistency required.

You have to say, the most shocking thing about 2012 so far is that amongst the 6 winners, Lewis has not been one of them!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Canada I expect Hamilton/Schumacher/Kimi to have it.

Hamilton is good here, as is the Schuster. Kimi has the benefit of the tyre situation around Montreal.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I'm thinking Top 3 will be Vettel, Kimi and Alonso - abd I find it hard to pick, it should be an epic battle nonetheless. I can't see Webber sustaining it, and I'm not sure if Hamilton will be quite close enough as McLaren have fallen in a heap.

I'll tip Vettel, as I tipped him pre-season and still think he has a good shot.

X (@ed24f1)
Niki Lauda hopes Formula 1 soon throws up some more usual results in order to gain a better perspective on the 2012 season. In a move which many fans could disagree with, having revelled in the unpredictable start to the campaign, the former double Champion spoke after Monaco.

“It was very interesting in the beginning, we all were surprised,” the Austrian, who won the world title for Ferrari in 1975 and 1977, as well as with McLaren in 1984, is quoted as saying by Reuters.

“But if this continues...then we will lose spectators or interest because the main public wants to see the World Champions winning.

“We need two races with known winners and then the crazy stuff can start again.”

In Monte Carlo, Mark Webber became the sixth winner from the opening six races of a season for the first time in F1 history. However, that did confirm that the record number of consecutive different race winners (nine) can no longer be beaten in the string dating back to 2011, as he was also victorious at the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
the odds for schuey winning the montreal gp are 15:1. Anyone thinking it's worth the 10 euro to put on ? I ask you since I am actually a fan of schuey and might be a little subjective on this.
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Canada I expect Hamilton/Schumacher/Kimi to have
> it.
>
> Hamilton is good here, as is the Schuster. Kimi
> has the benefit of the tyre situation around
> Montreal.

I think Montreal is going to be as hard to call as any of the previous races. People expect Merc to be strong thanks to the more powerful engine and their double DRS... However with the current awesomeness of the Pirelli strategy I expect traction out of the chicanes to be equally as important as top end speed.. And the Renault powered cars have showed good strength in traction. One thing we can be certain of is that qualifying will be another battle royal.

I could not even say .... it's all @#$%& with this tyre strategy. You can't even go on form any more because there is none. With six different winners to date who can say what's what anymore.
I'm not a Ferrari fan but the only thing that you can be sure of, is that no matter the out come you can bank on Alonso being in the thick of it some where.
I'd love for Michael to do it, he's way over due ...... but who knows what will break on his car this time.

My gut feeling is the Bulls, not because they have the best package but because they seem to be more together than any of the other teams.
If Schumie has a good qually and a reliable package he could do it, I sense he's up for it. Same for Nico ... Lewis could sneak it but we will just have to see.

Member of R.S.C.T Group
I think Kimi will win in Canada, and the Williams will be strong again.

and for the wdc, is too hard too predict. This season reminds me of 1982 when no driver won more than 2 times and the champion Keke Rosberg won only one and it was the 14th race out of 16!!! anyway, my bet is Alonso.

Frantic Wrote:
> I think Kimi will win in Canada, and the Williams
> will be strong again.
>
> and for the wdc, is too hard too predict. This
> season reminds me of 1982 when no driver won more
> than 2 times and the champion Keke Rosberg won
> only one and it was the 14th race out of 16!!!
> anyway, my bet is Alonso.

It couldn't be another Rosberg, could it? Would that be TOO coincidental?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
^ Saying that, I've just found out that Rosberg has scored the most points of anyone in the last 4 races (which don't count his badform in the first 2 races).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
flat tyre Wrote:
> ^ Saying that, I've just found out that Rosberg
> has scored the most points of anyone in the last 4
> races (which don't count his badform in the first
> 2 races).

That's interesting.

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy