McLaren go for SORT OF stepped nose!

Posted by madotter 
McLaren go for SORT OF stepped nose!
Date: May 08, 2012 01:15PM
Posted by: madotter

McLaren last week at Mugello. Not quite a stepped nose but definitely much higher than previously.
Re: McLaren go for SORT OF stepped nose!
Date: May 08, 2012 07:56PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
That'll just be to clean up the airflow underneath. I guess they had more height to play with...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 08, 2012 08:35PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Oh jeez, F1's getting uglier by the week!

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: May 08, 2012 09:37PM
Posted by: Slash
they would need to redesign the whole car to go Seteppednose, but that seems like a nice clever solution
Date: May 09, 2012 02:50AM
Posted by: Taamaar
At least one thing still a better looking car than the others well thats my opinion
Date: June 06, 2012 10:49AM
Posted by: kubica2
was interesting during the thursday in qualifying, the mclaren is built so low, that button was complaining about visibility over the team radio, hw couldnt seem the apexes.
Date: June 06, 2012 06:09PM
Posted by: chet
That was in relation to plastic structures they put on top to simulate visibility for 2013 with the current set up.

Also interesting to hear that the reason for the change in nose design was because Mclaren said they focused a lot of time at the rear of the car and perhaps did not explore development at the front as much.

I suppose after seeing a few 2012 cars the team must have thought they missed a trick. The Mclaren nose of 2011 required such little work to be done to make it 2012 legal so I guess it was not something they focused a great deal. Clearly with the testing they've done with the added bits, they are already looking at a vast change for 2013 that will more than likely include a step.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy