Capello quits as England Manager!
Date: February 09, 2012 04:10PM
Posted by: danm

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Re: Capello quits as England Manager!
Date: February 09, 2012 04:51PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Haha, brilliant picture.

Stuart Pearce is taking charge for the match against the Netherlands, an opportunity to put himself in the shop window.

But Redknapp's more or less odds-on. Still think it should be Alan Curbishley though...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: February 09, 2012 05:30PM
Posted by: truecrysis
As i spurs fan, i sure as hell am hoping redknapp decides he's gone too far with spurs to drop it for england and decides to stay. At the moment everyone in the press seems to think thats unlikely though :(

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: February 09, 2012 08:46PM
I just don't see Redknapp as England manager. It could still happen, but England needs someone like Guus Hiddink who gets the team playing at a level more than the sum of their parts (like South Korea in 2002, and Australia in 2006).

England have gone for years scraping 1-0 wins in qualifying games, they need to really step up a gear and develop a more technical style of play.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: February 09, 2012 08:54PM
Posted by: truecrysis
I can see what you mean by that point, under Redknapp spurs have done well, but not in a way that they are suddenly thrashing every team they see, in many games its winning in any way possible (often by the odd goal), as tottenham's GD proves.

With england its different. The media and the press expect you to win by a score that represents the difference in ability. Sure 1-0 is ok against spain or a team like that, but against teams like slovenia (as in the world cup), everyone wants a bigger score. Harry is about grinding out results, so is he the right man for the job?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: February 10, 2012 07:05PM
Posted by: danm
Redknapp has announced he thinks he can handle the Euros .......... As long as they're unmarked and untraceable.

Bahahha!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 10, 2012 08:15PM
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Redknapp has announced he thinks he can handle the
> Euros .......... As long as they're unmarked and
> untraceable.
>
> Bahahha!

Love it :-)

I'd like to see England try something completely new. I think it's the best time to do so, and I'd like a manager who'd reshape the team like Marcelo Bielsa has done at Chile (he uses a 3-3-1-3).

I'm not necessarily after that formation, but I think that nowadays the emphasis has to be on passing, fluidity and pace. Something like a 4-3-3 would work nicely, with players like Adam Johnson and Ashley Young maurauding down the wings, with the ability to switch back to a 4-5-1 with ease when under pressure from opponents. This would be far more creative than the 4-4-2 England traditionally use.

The problem is, Roberto Mancini doesn't use Johnson enough. He's put in some good shifts lately, and needs some games ahead of Euro 2012 because, technically, he's pretty damn good. The problems are really up-front. Rooney's been poor at international level since the 2006 WC, and Capello rarely used Darren Bent, who has been pretty good these last couple of seasons. Danny Welbeck and Daniel Sturridge look like England's best bets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2012 08:16PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: February 11, 2012 08:44AM
Posted by: gav
The problem with Bent is that he needs someone to play alongside him. He's useless when played up by himself. He needs to generate space, and he can't do that when you've generally got both centre backs on your case.

Sturridge will certainly be going to the Euro's, and I can see someone like Harry playing him.
Date: April 25, 2012 06:13PM
Posted by: Guimengo
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With england its different. The media and the
> press expect you to win by a score that represents
> the difference in ability. Sure 1-0 is ok against
> spain or a team like that
, but against teams like
> slovenia (as in the world cup), everyone wants a
> bigger score. Harry is about grinding out results,
> so is he the right man for the job?

I think you're overrating the English squad a bit there, to be honest ;). Against Spain/Netherlands/Germany, England getting a draw is a good result, a win is very unlikely. In the past it hasn't been different, certainly the favorite teams change but the English team has never been a favorite to win. And sometimes playing a smaller country isn't as easy as it's very common for such teams to play solely focused on not letting any goals in, and sometimes they just succeed.
Date: September 14, 2012 06:35PM
Posted by: jorgea
This may not be the best choice, but would see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy