Cricket World Cup - Bob Woolmer RIP

Posted by Red Sam 
Cricket World Cup - Bob Woolmer RIP
Date: March 19, 2007 01:13AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Cricket World Cup has been playing this week, with amazing results so far for Ireland and Bangladesh.

But this has been overshadowed by the very sad news that Pakistan coach and cricket legend Bob Woolmer has died overnight. This is truly a sad day for international cricket, and for the many cricket players, coaches and fans that have benefitted from his input over the years.

RIP Bob Woolmer.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Re: Cricket World Cup - Bob Woolmer RIP
Date: March 19, 2007 02:25AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Full BBC article on Bob Woolmer's death: [news.bbc.co.uk]

Shame really. I don't exactly follow one-day cricket, but understand that he was coach of Pakistan, certainly for the last few years, and that he was instrumental in some of their success of late. He'll be missed for sure within the close cricket community.

R.I.P. :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 19, 2007 10:43AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I don't follow it at all but it's a shock, I saw him on tv just a few days ago giving an interview to Fox Sports World :-o
Date: March 20, 2007 07:25PM
Posted by: matt3454
Tragedy, but i can't help but feel that he did not die naturally.

Date: March 20, 2007 09:34PM
Posted by: Daveyrat
That was my first reaction tbh. A real loss to cricket - I had been talking to friends about the chances of him being the next England coach if Duncan Flecther decided to leave his post / or was pushed of course. We will never now know. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 27, 2007 03:51AM
Posted by: gary42
RIP Bob

It's a shame that corruption still appears to be rife in cricket - especially after the foul play that seems to have been involved in Hanse Cronje's plane crash 4 1/2 years ago.

Daveyrat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had been talking to friends about the
> chances of him being the next England coach if
> Duncan Flecther decided to leave his post

TBH, I don't think Bob was ever in the running - I think the job is Tom Moody's if he wants it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy