Bye Bye Croft!

Posted by Peat 
Bye Bye Croft!
Date: January 26, 2009 07:22PM
Posted by: Peat
[www.thenorthernecho.co.uk]

I've been following this for a while, and to say im gutted is an understatement. I have never been to Croft, nor would i be likely to, but this is a huge injury for UK motorsport. Watch the copycat claims come racing in against all our beloved circuits.

RIP Croft.

Re: Bye Bye Croft!
Date: January 26, 2009 07:32PM
Posted by: Nickv
Stupid hypocrits. It's them choosing to live next to a circuit, you shouldn't complain about the noise then. It's like you go swimming and complain you get wet.
Date: January 26, 2009 07:37PM
Posted by: Gaulty
No. My local track as well, sad news. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'legal' issues come in, and I don't think Croft could afford it, most likely will go :(

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: January 26, 2009 08:26PM
Posted by: gav
It's a marital problem. It's the wife using any means possible to hit her former husband.

More worryingly is what affect it may have on future cases involving other tracks. Castle Combe, Oulton Park (which already has tight restrictions) and Silverstone spring immediately to mind as particularly vulnerable, though of course there'll be many smaller venues who could suffer that I'm not particularly familiar with.
Date: January 26, 2009 08:26PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
How Pathetic!!!!!!

Croft Race circuit - only been there for 60 years?! Waht would you expect living so bloody close!!!! Some people are just ridiculous....

There was a petition on Facebook about this before, trying to stop such stupid claims such as this being made, it's certainly the first I've ever heard where the track has had to make such a pay out. *(Money grabbers)* Unfortunately it's not just Croft, all circuits are coming under threat from noise complaints. Doesn't help though when developers keep building closer and closer to big attractions such as race tracks but even theme parks have come under fire too... Takes the piss!

Do your research before you buy a bloody house!
Date: January 26, 2009 08:44PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
What a bunch of w&nkers. How long have they lived next to the race circuit? Why would they choose to live next to a race circuit? What the bloody hell did they expect?!

Silverstone I think is safe, Castle Combe had the same problem about 10 years ago which killed competitive top-level motorsport there, and Oulton Park better not have the same problem because great circuits such as these don't deserve to have tw&ts living next to them.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: January 26, 2009 10:04PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Been to Croft, quite a nice track. I watched a relatively low-key sports car race a few years ago, got thoroughly soaked but it was worth it.

To me, this jumps out: "Croft Promo-Sport Ltd has a leasehold interest in the circuit, which is managed by Croft Classic and Historic Motor Sports Ltd (CCHM). CCHM was set up in 1994 by Mr Jimmy Wilson - who was married to Jill Wilson between 1987 and 1994 - along with Trevor Chaytor-Norris and his wife Katherine, who is the owner of the Croft Motor Circuit."

Clearly, as Gav says it's just some stupid bint getting back at her husband in a (successful) attempt to get some quick cash. Why the highly paid-uber judge cannot see this is in itself a reflection on how pathetically inept and stupid people are at all levels of professions.
Date: January 26, 2009 10:04PM
Posted by: Peat
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a marital problem. It's the wife using any
> means possible to hit her former husband.
>

Sadly true.

Ok, for those who are unaware, the reason why the claimants are in this particular property is because the former husband was a director of the circuit at the time they moved in. The marriage broke up and he moved on. She is left in the house practically on the ground on the racetrack, with her parents. Obviously not satisfied with the divorce settlement, she has gone after the company that paid for her sorry existence for the past few years. Cheers luv!

For anyone who can get through the rage and compose a half decent argument, heres the contact of the councilor who supported the claimants and gave (TOTALLY FLAWED) evidence at the appeal hearing:

[www.richmondshire.gov.uk]

Date: January 26, 2009 11:26PM
Posted by: gav
Without wanting to stand on the wrong side of the fence, whether or not the claim was as a result of the marital difficulties (don't think many of us will dispute that), if it's deemed that the noise is excessive, then the noise is excessive. Not knowing an awful lot about law, I'd imagine the reasoning for bringing the complaint is irrelevant if the complaint itself is sound (pun not intended).

The reason I picked Silverstone is that there are people living within the perimeter of the track, not even on the doorstep. Admittedly the properties have been there for many years, but all it takes is another disagreement or a bit of local support, and all of a sudden one of the biggest racing tracks in the UK is under threat. Now that the case against Croft has been successful, some might be tempted to try their luck at other vulnerable tracks too.
Date: January 27, 2009 12:37AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
What the?!

However the issuing of the injunction will result in a reduction in the residents' damages payouts, which were largely based on the reduction in value of their homes caused by the noise nuisance.

This has one major huge size contradiction, namely the circuit has been open since 1949, I bet everything I own that there isn't one single person who is claiming there that owned their home since before 1949 (actually probably more like 1939 since it was a RAF base and that would cause if anything worse amount of noise, planes taking off day and night!) So how the @#$%& can they claim damages for "reduction in values of their homes" Croft hasn't effected the price of the house by a penny since they bought it, because it was already there when they bought the house in the first place!!!

I hope to GOD that if Croft gets shut down, Dalton-on-Tees economy gets shot to hell and people like them who claimed go out of business and end up with nothing.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2009 12:41AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 27, 2009 01:30AM
Posted by: The Lopper
It's ridiculous. Croft was originally an RAF base. That means since 1939-40, there has been noise there. If the circuit had only just gone up, I'd have sympathy, but honestly, that's just ridiculous. I hope the racing fraternity can protest this and do something to change it, but unfortunately the laws and rights seem to favour individuals far too much these days.

Tbh, if I was affected by this kind of decision, I'd probably end up doing something illegal and ill-advised to the complainants house.
Date: January 27, 2009 01:00PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Next to go: Monza.

Date: January 27, 2009 02:18PM
Posted by: Frantic
To be honest, if you live 300m near a circuit what do you expect?
If you want a non-noise life, you better move to the Sahara or something...

Date: January 31, 2009 08:30PM
Posted by: Taamaar
Spoked to my dad this weekend about croft as he lives not far from croft he said

when croft autodrome opened up there was and still is a restriction which is no more than 50 or 55 days (he couldn`t remember which) to be used as race days which the neighbours surrounding the autodrome are happy with

the real reason the neighbours are complaining about which also the wife of the owner brought up is the noise from the autodrome on other days from people using the circuit for practising on weeekdays every week which isn`t not allowed

so the actual case is the residents surrounding the area of the autodrome are happy with the limited days which is used for racing but not the days which are used for practicing which isn`t in the contract when the autodrome was first opened thats what the uproar is about

the only residents still living in the area before and when the autodrome was opened is the owner and his wife

so if the owner complies to the restricted days which are used for racing then the autodrome can continue as it is
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy