Where have all the cowboys gone? and Jimmie Johnson all in one

Posted by red 5 
This weekend we could witness the historic feat. Jimmie Johnson could became only second ever NASCAR driver to win three titles in a row since Junior Johnson some three decades ago.
Yes it is true, and it is hard to beleive that neither Richard Petty nor late Dale Earnhardt never won three in a row, guess your surname has to be Johnson if you want to achieve that feat.

But this also leads me to another question. In the days when I started watching NASCAR (late 1992) drivers looked like mine diggers, or at least like cowboys. In those days I used to cheer for Ernie Irvan, because he had mustache and he reminded of Nigel Mansell another driver I rooted for at that time.
Few years on after his accident I started to root for Dale Earnhardt, reasons, well again mustache, but more importantly by then I realized how much of a bada$$ the guy is. Today on the other hand it is very difficult to find such a driver they all look like manequins, and Johnson in particular, and that is what is bugging me ahead ot this weekend title showdown.
Apart form Montoya and Stewart they are all (IMO that is) Jeff Gordon's clones.

So this thread is a tribute to those who amused us in the '90, those with mustache, thaose that smoked cigarettes during safetycar periods throuhg the special hole that was drilled through helmet (yes it is true, it is fact, driver was no other than Dick Trickle -yes it is true Dick Trickle), for all those drivers that chew drew, act like bandits, had dead animals on their hats atc, etc...

Dale Earnhard tribute at the award ceremony

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Another Dale Earnhardt tribute video

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This is one of the reasons you either LOVED him or hated him:

&feature=related">
&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Ok, enough of Dale lets move on to Ernie Irvan(he is driving #4Kodak in this video not 28 Havoline that is driven by Allison),:

">

And finally Dick Trickle

">

">

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2008 11:31AM by red 5.
click refresh to see all videos I had some tag problems

Yes, the drivers have to be masculine, aggressive and have a sense of humour. And race hard.

Today they're all thin, white teethed, salutists.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy