Posted by Craigo 
Bloody Hell!!
Date: June 28, 2008 05:44PM
Posted by: Craigo
Re: Bloody Hell!!
Date: June 28, 2008 06:01PM
Posted by: aagancia
God!! did the guy survive this?

BTW, I think you got it in the wrong forum. :)
Date: June 29, 2008 12:04AM
Posted by: casabonka
F&^k me... that is massive...

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 29, 2008 01:00AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Insane accident and he did survive.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 29, 2008 02:48AM
Posted by: Craigo
its mental how do u survive that!!
Date: June 29, 2008 04:36PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Worse:

found this yesterday, no idea who it was.

&feature=related
Date: June 29, 2008 04:53PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Worse:
>
> found this yesterday, no idea who it was.
>
>

&feature
> =related

Can't remember his name. It's late 90s F3000, obviously the Nurburgring. 2 broken legs.

Edit: Dino Morelli, 1997. Compound fracture to both legs.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2008 04:54PM by DaveEllis.
Date: July 07, 2008 09:22PM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, that was a sickening crash. How he escaped with relatively minor injuries I'll never know.
Date: July 11, 2008 06:53PM
Posted by: msater
you know, sometimes i think why don't they ban motorsport outright, but of course being a avid fan of f1, i don't think that would go down to well...
Date: July 11, 2008 10:06PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
you cant stop people risking their lives... if you want to ban that, you should ban parachute jumping and all sports which has a possibility of a fatal accident, almost all sports ;)

Date: July 11, 2008 10:20PM
Posted by: chet
msater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you know, sometimes i think why don't they ban
> motorsport outright, but of course being a avid
> fan of f1, i don't think that would go down to
> well...

at the same time suggest banning driving out-right.
with some of todays drivers I drive in fear :p!
normal road driving is far far more dangerous than F1 or most motorsports.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 12, 2008 03:42AM
Posted by: Guimengo
In the space of 2 and a half days I've been near 5 accidents, not all involving someone putting me in danger though. I was driving to work, it's 2 roads opposite hands, lights are green. The woman in front of me decides to start turning left (before 9 a.m. there's an arrow allowing you to) but it was 9:15. There was a truck coming the other way, and she was already halfway in his lane when she noticed he was coming full speed and she swerved around him.
Not only would she most likely have died (head on, 40 mph with a truck) but she'd have probably rolled back on top of my car.

The other 4 times were people pulling in front of me from regions out of sight, such as someone coming around a blind corner (on a red light!) and still turning as I am getting there - luckily for me I got quick reflexes and my brakes worked; other time the same turning left while green on both roads was the issue, there was a car about to stop on my left and I just sensed something bad could happen, I braked lightly and that was my luck, for some stupid woman thought it would be very smart and worth the risk to save 5s of her trip time by sneaking in on hopefully clear traffic. The final two times weren't too different, if I wasn't constantly looking around for people messing up and animals near the road I'd not be here today and I'd have killed dozens of bunnies, squirrels, and 2 deer.

So Chet's right, it's hundreds of times safer to be in a F1 cockpit or other series' cars than it is to be driving on the roads.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy