ARDS Test

Posted by Peat 
ARDS Test
Date: May 03, 2008 07:18PM
Posted by: Peat
Whoop! Just come back from Thruxton were i passed my Ards test. Got my National B Racing licence.

No real point to this thread, just a chance to indulge in some 'Go Me' time......

Peas

Re: ARDS Test
Date: May 03, 2008 09:20PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Nice one! What did it involve and whats your racing plans?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 04, 2008 01:57AM
Posted by: Peat
Test involves an exam and a driving assessment.

EXAM: Basically you need to get your flags 100% correct and you can afford one mistake on the rest of the paper. All pretty straight forward though, multiple choice, one sensible answer, 3 silly ones.

DRIVING: Instructor takes you round and tells you what's what, then they hand over to you and give you advice for a few laps then they shut up and assess whether or not youve listened to them. The car i used was a Mazda MPS, a 5 door hatch, NO BIGGY, i thought, but F*** ME did that thing pull!!!! Really impressive car, i was taking Ferraris and lambos left right and centre! The back of thruxton is sooooo hairy! Awesome track.

MY PLANS: I am doing 3 races hopefully this year, all with the 'Healey Sport' club [www.healeysport.org] My friend (Champ 2 years ago) has a new Frogeye Sprite that we are building and he has asked me to be his partner for some endurance rounds. These will be at the AMOC (Aston Martin Owners Club) events. Just need to put soem finishing touches to the car and we should be ready to go testing soon!

First race for me is June 22nd at Silverstone. Come and take some pictures of me bestofbritish!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2008 05:18PM by Peat.
Date: May 04, 2008 02:05PM
Posted by: chet
Congrats :D!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 04, 2008 05:53PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Sounds good. As long as im not working il definitely be up to grab some pictures. Do i get a free paddock pass for it :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 07, 2008 08:14PM
Posted by: danm
well done petey boyo!!! :D

might have to come watch you at silverstone!

see, it was all in the goodness of mark webbers underwear ;) yummmmy!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 08, 2008 09:10PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Congrats I'll be gunning for mine when I get out of uni.

Probably do mine at silverstone in my car though should be awesome fun :)
Date: May 28, 2008 06:00PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I took one of those.. came back positive
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy